onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 - Gillingham 2 Post Match Comments

deantaberner

Thought it was a master-stroke decision by Allen to start with Findley.

We would have been prepared for Kedwell all week and Findleys pace ripped us apart.

Wish we could bring in a striker on loan-time for Bob Young to pull his finger out so that the good start we have had does not go t***s up.

Hope we take a good following to Bradford-looking forward to another goal glut for the boys.............

Advert

Gills fan in peace.....i thought a lot of you are spot on about Allen doing his homework and first goal would dictate how we would play the rest of the game. We are in a very fortunate position at the moment where we can change 4 to 5 players every game with no weakness being created and unless we have a huge injury crisis mad dog will continue to rotate. I hope you guys can sort out the off field problems soon, cos if you can add a few more players I have no doubt youll be up there at the end of the season. Take away the 1st 20 mins and it was a pretty tight game, could have easily finished honours even.

Plenty said on Gills site about Neal dropping as if he'd been shot!Well he nearly had a broken leg, as the stud marks on his thigh showed after that horrendous tackle.Ref and assistant bottled it as it should have been a red card.

Neal got up quickly once their player was booked. I thought he milked the situation. I thought last game at home he also had a false tantrum with their striker about a commonly expected foul of being knocked collecting the ball. It is his tactic and from a sporting perspective likely to work as well as any other. As a spectator, from an entertainment point of view, I don't like it.

Well they'd know wouldn't they being 110 yards away from where it happened and almost level with the pitch.

From where I was it looked nasty. Rob Taylor got a yellow from a great ball winning 'safe' tackle towards the end of the game if that was worth a yellow then the tackle on Neal was almost certainly a red.

The challenge is one thing, but Neal pretended he was injured more than just knocked. He pretended he was seriously injured and then got up fine and took the kick with no further effects. I have had a fratured skull from playing football and I know what a serious injury is, and therefore I don't like what Neal did.

Neal got up quickly once their player was booked. I thought he milked the situation. I thought last game at home he also had a false tantrum with their striker about a commonly expected foul of being knocked collecting the ball. It is his tactic and from a sporting perspective likely to work as well as any other. As a spectator, from an entertainment point of view, I don't like it.

It was an awful challenge and shoul of been a red if it hurt him or not.

If that challenge was made on an outfield in the middle I the park it would been a red all day long, but it's different when it's a keeper.

And I didn't think neale made a meal out if it anyway, it looked nasty and would of hurt..

neal has a few nice stud marks, he did well to get up

we lost, we were *****, didnt turn up

i feel sorry for gills fans if they are subjected to that week in week out though, zero entertainment and a team more interested in spoiling/fouling than playing actual football

they did a job on adams, i hope he learns from this & quickly

Neal lay prone on the pitch face down not moving. That is the behaviour of a player with a head injury who is dazed or unconscious. He did not immediately pay attention to the area where he had been hit. That is the normal response - rub it or look at it or complain about it. So no matter how ill judged the tackle was or whether it was a red card offence, his behaviour was pathetic and not what I expect from an adult male of his stature. I was within 15 yards of this and saw it close up.

Typical Vale Moaner.

We're not Barcelona.

We're a League 2 side.

spot on mate,we are in league 2 because we ARENT a good side,i reckon good sides are in the championship upwards,we lost to a better team on the day,neither team is a good team,come on ,lets keep it real guys.

Archived