onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 - Gillingham 2 Post Match Comments

deantaberner

Advert

Some folk are spouting rubbish on here about Clayton McDonald, and it looks like he's fast becoming a scapegoat for the football 'know it alls' and boo-boys. Just lay off and support the lad. If you think Owen or Davis would have done any better yesterday then you real are a fool, and thats not meant to be disrespectful towards Owen and Davis. We're stuck with what we've got so just get behind the players.

Spot on mate, Mcombe won nothing yesterday not a single header but no one is slagging him off. It was Mcombe fault for the first goal, Deon Burton beat him in the air the ball goes out to the right hand side, Macdonald goes out to close him down because loft is nowhere he dinks the ball into the box between mcombe and duffy who were marking fresh air GOAL. All the team yesterday collectively were shocking, they simply were not at the races and let a nearly 7000 crowd down big time.

the whole team had a bad day yesterday, how many times we won possession only to give it straight back to the opposition was just not acceptable I'm afraid.

We did have a bad day, it was our worst performance so far this season but Gillingham played a big part in making it that way, much credit to how they approached the game and nullified our threat.

We are in administration , we have no owner ,we have no money , we cant sign players , we have what we have, at 3 oclock yesterday we were 2nd in the lge, a great side, that had hammered the two favourites of this division, scoring 6 and 5 goals, we had scored the most goals in the country, and had the lges top goalscorer .we were brilliant............ At 4:45 we had lost a game . THATS ALL ,LOST A GAME. WE ARE STILL 2ND IN THE LGE and all the moaners and whingers come out in force to slag the lads off . look what weve got, and look where we are .....how can we complain ?

Spot on mate, Mcombe won nothing yesterday not a single header but no one is slagging him off. It was Mcombe fault for the first goal, Deon Burton beat him in the air the ball goes out to the right hand side, Macdonald goes out to close him down because loft is nowhere he dinks the ball into the box between mcombe and duffy who were marking fresh air GOAL. All the team yesterday collectively were shocking, they simply were not at the races and let a nearly 7000 crowd down big time.

I think that analysis of McCombe is spot on Chris 84.No pace ,always marking space,distribution poor and how many touches does he have to have before he passes it back or lump it ?Yates at right back ,Duffy and Davis in central defence for the next match.The 2 Mac's need a rest ,we are conceding too easily.

Here we go. The positive police trying to stop people having an opinion on the Internet again. saying he had a poor game doesn't mean you booed him at the match. Have you never sat in the pub and said that a player played badly? Shame on you. He had a bad game, and people have said so. God knows how premiership players deal with 60000 people having a go, whilst being inches from the touch line at some grounds, when a few comments on the internet seem to upset people so much. By all means disagree and say its nonsense, but to call people boo boys for having an opinion here is a bit daft.

As for depth of the squad, you are right, though Duffy is a viable alternative.

Positive police ? seems you have something to say when we lose, NO posts when we won at plymouth or fleetwood.

I think the debate is getting a bit too critical irrespective of arguments about defending. It is true we could have done better on the goals and were ineffective first half, but we were as good as Gillingham second half and in that second half they only had long range shots whereas we hit the bar and the ball rolled across their goal agonisingly out of reach a number of times. So overall I thought we were 40% and they were 60%. We were not out of the game and we kept trying.

On McCombe v McDonald the main difference is that McDonald is good on the ball, he is composed, passes reliably and one occassion seocond half sprayed a ball out wide to the wing any midfielder would have been proud of. McCombe is an improved defender and his distribution is better but scope for more.

McDonald and McCombe are adequate league two defenders I'd say. Fine most of the time, until they come up against someone any good, or when the midfield gets over run. How we could do with a Lee Collins type, flexible defender with a turning circle a bit less than a super tanker's. Yates got a lot off grief on here, but for the life of me I can't see Duffy as any improvement.

Positive police ? seems you have something to say when we lose, NO posts when we won at plymouth or fleetwood.

I didn't comment much because I couldn't make it to either, as you probably well suspected (easy cheap shot for, well done. Have a go at the other 5000 who couldn't make it as well though). However I think I commented somewhere that I thought the Plymouth result was most pleasing out of the last three wins, due to us having to come from behind, but hey ho, focus on the negatives why don't you. My point is that having an opinion on a poorer performance online, or in the pub, or in the comfort of your own home, doesn't make you a boo boy! Can you tell me why I'm wrong in that, because I don't think you'd quote me out of context just to get a cheap shot in.

Gillingham were just better and more clinical on the day. They were organised and Findleys pace caused us havoc in the first half. If i was Micky, whenever we come up against a quick striker like him, put duffy and mccombe at centre back and put yates on the right so it adds that bit of pace to the defence. Think it maybe time to give burge a start as well, midfield werent too bad but were just a bit too overpowered by their midfield, whats the current situation with darren murphy? Anyway, no need to feel down, we know what we did wrong so lets put it right against Bradford! Up the vale!!!

I didn't comment much because I couldn't make it to either, as you probably well suspected (easy cheap shot for, well done. Have a go at the other 5000 who couldn't make it as well though). However I think I commented somewhere that I thought the Plymouth result was most pleasing out of the last three wins, due to us having to come from behind, but hey ho, focus on the negatives why don't you. My point is that having an opinion on a poorer performance online, or in the pub, or in the comfort of your own home, doesn't make you a boo boy! Can you tell me why I'm wrong in that, because I don't think you'd quote me out of context just to get a cheap shot in.

A lot of the fans on here didnt go away to see the vale , but they came on here to post what great results we had, and how proud of the lads they were... you didnt .but how many posts have you made about yesterdays game ? seems that you just find it hard to speak positive about the team , no matter how well we do , lose a game ,and you are on their backs with plenty to say ... as you say... just my opinion of course....

A lot of the fans on here didnt go away to see the vale , but they came on here to post what great results we had, and how proud of the lads they were... you didnt .but how many posts have you made about yesterdays game ? seems that you just find it hard to speak positive about the team , no matter how well we do , lose a game ,and you are on their backs with plenty to say ... as you say... just my opinion of course....

I posted about performances after the last game I attended (which is kind of the norm) and it was positive because we played well. I also posted during one of the last away matches but can't be bothered to trawl through it. I posted that McDonald had a poor game because he did. Not the only one, but you jump on my post, yet again purposely missing the point of what I said to get a cheap shot in. And most of the posts I've made after that (seeing as you are counting) were like this one. What I posted at first wasn't even that negative! Just that McDonald played badly. But don't let that worry you.

I was in the bycars directly in front of McDonald when it took him 2 weeks to turn as the player went around him. As for stopping crosses, McDonald does not dominate the box anywhere near what his height should allow him to. Yes he has had better games, but to not think he was poor yesterday is bizarre.

You forget warren knows sod all about football.

Archived