onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Can we reach promotion?

ValeMadrid87

Ok so I'm basing this thread on a thread that was predicting where we would finish this season...

Having visited 4 friendly games, albeit against really poor teams, I said that we looked a very different team and how much our new look made us look like a very good outfit....

Now I know it's very early in the season but my predictions on that thread were that we would definatly finish in the top 7.... Whilst I think 95% on here claimed I was stupid and that at best we would be struggling to get mid table... Which judging on my views on the friendlys I felt the quality and new look vale were more than a bunch of dreamers!!

7 games in (including 2 cup games) of which I have missed 2, I missed the tranmere and the 1st away game, I think we still look like another team and it's amazing that in our situation of admin (which is supposed to be doom and gloom) we are actually looking as a team game... Shiiiit hot... It doesn't actually feel like we are in admin...

I feel that Adams has excelled himself, with all of the crap he has had to endure since day one of being at the Vale, he is showing at the moment with a little bit of funds that he has the mind to turn around the Vale... He has the ability to bring in class, that in my view should not be playing at Vales level... Duffy, Neil, jennison, Vincent, Shuker, murphy... All for free!! And I'm sure If we did Not have Adams as manager then these type of players would not of come to Vale.. So a big appreciation on my part goes to Adams..:

Anyway without going on to much, every game I have seen Vale play so far, we have looked like a different class and I will put my kneck on the line now and if we can keep the consistency of how we are playing now, I do not see any reason why we will not be in an automatic promotion place at the end of the season... We look twice as good as last season and the goals are coming from everywhere now RICO has gone and our defence looks as stable as it has done in years... And we are playing some amazing football!!

I hope I am right... VTID!!!

Far too early to say.

The more it gets talked about at this stage the less likely it will be to happen because the expectancy and pressures will grow.

We also do not know if we will be able to sign players in January, or on loan, meaning that the inevitable injury crisis around Christmas could seriously damage our season.

We've had many a good start over the past ten season, and each one of them has ended in great disappointment.

Let's not discuss promotion just now.

Advert

Saturdays scenes won't be the last we see at Vale park this season. I think there will be a few teams who get an absolute drubbing at our place this season.

If you think back Barnet first game could've been 6, Torquay... could've been 6, Rotherham was 6 :)

Keeping everybody fit until January is the key for me by which point we will hopefully have a new owner and can add a few additions if/when we are running short of a few numbers.

People must remember if Neal gets injured, we have a youth teamer as a replacement. If we get a few injuries early on we will struggle to keep up with the bigger squads.

Great start though. Well done everyone including the fans. Like Adams says though, Saturday was just 3 points :)

Promotion is a strong possibility, but it's far from being a nailed on cert. The likes of Oxford, Gillingham, Torquay and Fleetwood Town will be not far away from the top 3 automatic places. As others have rightly noted, the key is getting the football club sold to the right man/group/Nissan driving Charlatan over the next few weeks or so. With much needed stability, a clear, concise business plan from an energetic, fresh thinking, honest new owner and board, then yes, it's well within our means.

We are currently third and fully deserve to be there. If we continue to play as we are for the remainder of the season, we will be automatically promoted irrespective of other teams. However to play as we have over the next 42 games (give or take an odd game lapse) will be a very tall order because of the sheer quality we are playing at present. We will need a lot of luck as well to overcome all the events that will happen on and off the pitch in the coming months. On the pitch injuries and suspensions will need to be overcome without at present being able to sign anyone to replace numbers. However it is the off field issues that might still kill any promotion campaign because the longer it takes to get a new owner in place, the more chance of us having to let go players to other clubs never mind not bringing anyone in.

Long way to go but it has been a pleasing first month of the season, particularly after the threat the Ryder deal collapsing posed to derail us from the start.

Ultimately I'd simply be happy to survive the season and see the lads playing more of the stuff we have seen so far.

Anything success wise would be a massive bonus.

Think we are two players short from being serious automatic promotion threat - left back to free up Loft to go into the middle and another centre forward. Thought the midfield got overran at times on Saturday and we could do with an experienced central midfielder to calm things down when it got nervous after their second.

Very long season ahead. However, if Mr Young can get a shift on with potential buyers hopefully we can move out of admin and sign the players we very much need.

I hate saying this but its true ... I'm taking each game as it comes.

The difference is that once again I really look forward to going the Vale - and if we can stay in or around the top three then 7,000 home gates will be possible which would surely attract a significant buyer. I seem to remember the opening game of the Pledge 5,000 season against Accy was circ 7,300?

If we maintained the current form away followings will get to the stage where we may well take as many away as the opposition home fans.

we have 3 away and 1 at home now and if we can get 6 points from those 4 games we will be bang on the money.

I am always trying to think of the positives but there is always light after a storm and if we can get the 'Battle of Britain' spirit going then I'm sure Valiants will come out in force.

one of my concerns is that come the January transfer window if we are still playing well and near the top but still in admin with no buyer on the horizon then the better players could be poached. They could even sign pre contracts with other clubs which would have a knock on effect for the following season. Still, loads of positives at the min and just going to enjoy the football for now...

I hate saying this but its true ... I'm taking each game as it comes.

The difference is that once again I really look forward to going the Vale - and if we can stay in or around the top three then 7,000 home gates will be possible which would surely attract a significant buyer. I seem to remember the opening game of the Pledge 5,000 season against Accy was circ 7,300?

If we maintained the current form away followings will get to the stage where we may well take as many away as the opposition home fans.

we have 3 away and 1 at home now and if we can get 6 points from those 4 games we will be bang on the money.

I am always trying to think of the positives but there is always light after a storm and if we can get the 'Battle of Britain' spirit going then I'm sure Valiants will come out in force.

Yet again Dave you are living in cuckoo land.

I listed the average attendances for people like you on another thread! Get a grip man.

No we wont be getting gates of 7000 every week. We may make a one off but it isnt the norm for US in THIS division.... And no, we didnt get 7300 for the first home game in the target 5000 season, it was around 6700 if memory serves me right.

Seriously Dave drop it. Stop harping on about fictitious attendances. Stop harping on about the fans. Stop rewriting history.

Archived