onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Can we reach promotion?

ValeMadrid87

Advert

All I know is I had a big fat Monkey on pre season at 10/1 with Corals 'For promotion ANY method' and AS this is now a general 4/1 I'm getting excited after five games!... :yes::rolleyes:

Me too mate but I was thıs excıted just before Adams left for Sheff UTD! Somethıng always seems to crop up and mess everythıng up!

Lets just hope thıngs sort themselves out off the pıtch and the lads keep doıng the busıness on ıt!!!

No...

Maybe it was a slight over exaggeration but the fact is if we are still in admin and in the top 3 in January teams will start looking at our players AND our manager. Although you wouldn't mind if Adams went.

Davehartsill in "slight over exaggeration"? Never!

Just because I don't consider MA to be the best thing since sliced bread beacause he has YET to acheive anything with the Vale, does not meant I don't think he is doing a good job at the moment. However, given your propensity to overegg the pudding somewhat at times, and your ability to miss even the most simplest of points, I expect this to be lost on you also.

Torquay and Rotherham couldn't live with us and they are tipped as promotion favourites......

Rotherham maybe but Torquay? They just came here for a point and got one. We even had to let them score our goal for us. That's like saying Ukraine couldn't live with England last night.

Don't let's get carried away - I'd like to see a few more games before I pronounce judgement on our season so far.

Having watched every game this season I do believe the team is good enough to finish in the top three. I remember when Foyley's team won the first four games many supporters were saying that we would get promotion. The truth about then though, is that we were lucky to win most of those games. The current team has played brilliantly so far and could have actually won all our games so far (Burnley apart), so I do really feel optomistic about this season.

The problem we have about all this is what is happening off the field. After the Ryder debacle we have a CVA in place using his offer for the club. I am worried about the reasons why we have not yet got a new preferred bidder in place after the amount of times that Bob Young has raised fans expectations with his deadlines that have come, then passed without any reasoable answers as to why. My worry is that where as most of Vale fans think that that Ryder's bid of £1.3m is cheap, it seems that it is not and that any new bidder is offering us less than this amount which could result in us (if accepted) being deducted ten points if the CVA has to be renegotiated. Even if this happened I really think that we would then have to be content with the play offs, and I would prefer to go up via the play offs and to have a great day out at Wembley, plus all the extra revenue that it would give the club.

I hope I am completely wrong and that a new owner pays what I truly believe is a cheep price for PVFC at the original £1.3. and that they do it soon to help to strengthen the team even more.

If Pope continues to score goals and the rest chip in then I don't see why we can't at least finish in the play-off spots. We've had a good start and it could of been even better had we not had an off day in front of goal against Accrington. I can't see many teams fancying playing us at Vale Park now that we have two speedy wingers. If we do pick up a few injuries then like most sides in the league it could make a big difference, though the likes of Burge, Taylor and Williamson have hardly had a sniff yet and aren't bad players to come in and play a part when needed.

On present form we would be a nailed on certainty but a thin squad will probaly not be able to sustain the form to date once injuries and suspensions kick in. I'm not being negative but realistic. So, over to you Mr Young and lets turn one of these 'interested parties' into the preferred bidder then the new owner so that we don't have to suffer a dip in form due to a shortage of quality players.

Archived