onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please, please Mr Adams

old sage

Advert

Jesus Christ. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Anyone would think we had played terrible all season and had no points on the board, when in fact we have played very well in every single game, could have won all 4, and are doing better than most people thought we would do.

We are never going to be 100% perfect but really, some people are not happy unless they are moaning!! We are in league 2, currently in administration, and I for one am quite chuffed with our start to the season, the results but more specifically the performances.

Totally agree mate. MA as got the team playing well, we are dominating games without the results we deserve and am sure MA will swap it around abit when teams think they av sussed out ow to stop us playing carpet football .

Myrie Williams was outstanding during the first half yesterday and then became erratic second half. He is very promising but it is possible to see why he is playing at League 2 level. One thing I will say, having been behind two of his shots - one yesterday and one at Accrington - is he has one hell of a wack. You don't want to be the player blocking or even the keeper. That is a reason to keep him on the right, because when he comes inside the cannon is loaded.

I can't believe all the moaning, even tho I probably should expect it on here....

IMO another excellent performance from a team in administration but still looking serious promotion prospects unless off field events again impact.

Adams I believe is doing a fantastic job, despite operating with one hand tied behind his back.

I go along with that,going off the away games commentary and the home games i have seen,i would say apart from the first half v Burnley that we have pretty much bossed the games.

He can he just tries to do it twice because he is on the wrong wing.

Yes, there is that in him and in the second half that happened. In the first half though his patience at times led to some quality bending flat crosses. If he could do everything he is capable of well all the time, he could play at the highest level. Much as like Lewis Haldane as a decent player at League 2 level, he does not have the talent of Myrie Williams. Myrie Williams has a good core talent and his challenge is finding consistency throughout the match. That includes concentration, control the ball before it runs out of play!

Yesterday was just one of them days, it cud have been 4 or 5 against a hard working well organised side who will at least end the season in a playoff place so we have to be happy with maybe not the result but definately the performance. Off topic just seen Luke Rodgers playin for Pompy on the football league show, I thought he was still in the US.

Yes I suppose that I am labelled as a 'moaner' and we have had a 1/2 decent start but I have seen every game like many others and we were abysmal in the first half at Accrington and only perked up when the subs came on and should have got a result in the end. At Morecambe we had a great start and looked assured up until they scored and in truth we were fortunate to nick the points which only came about because of bringing on the subs.

It just grates with me when it sticks out like a sore thumb that players are not played in their correct positions.

But Myrie Williams is better on the right. Loft is not better than Shuker (who has played at a higher level including a 1st division winning team) and Morsey (who has improved markedly) and needs to stay at left back given a squad limited to 20. Duffy looks more like a centre half, but can play at right back defensively. I think Micky Adams has it right with the resources in hand.

We had two problems at Accrington. In the first half the ball was being played to Pope at head height for flicks and this did not work. Second half the ball was played in to him at chest height and he held it up well. In the first half we were inept at left back and left wing defensively. Loft was caught out positionally and the goal was a total mix up initially arising in that area as well. Loft was better defensively yesterday and I think the space he gets at left back is useful in attack as he can cross.

I can't believe all the moaning, even tho I probably should expect it on here....

IMO another excellent performance from a team in administration but still looking serious promotion prospects unless off field events again impact.

Adams I believe is doing a fantastic job, despite operating with one hand tied behind his back.

Well said my man.

Archived