onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please, please Mr Adams

old sage

Advert

I think that many of the comments that have been made on here are very valid. Who can argue that Lofty would be of more value to the team in midfield also why does MA persist in leaving Burge out of the starting 11. The lad has all the attributes to make things happen in centre midfield. Morsy works 'his socks off' but is more of a replacement for Griff in my opinion.

The fact remains though that if Mr Adams is going to keep selecting the current players then the wingers are very important because they are an easy outlet for a midfield that is being over run.

I don't argue with what one or two say about Williams being a good player but his cross percentage is woeful while he is played on the right side. If you doubt my word just count on Tuesday how many decent crosses he puts over for our front two. I bet if you use one hand you will end up looking like Winston!

I completely agree with Old Sage. The number of times he had to cut back inside was embarrassing. It's ok to cut inside now gain to keep the opposition guessing but I thought that his crossing was abysmal. He is obviously told where to play but why not at least swap the wingers over at times during the match. I feel that we are not getting the full potential out of either of the wide men by being so rigid.

To be honest i am more concerned at Micky Adams substitution sense. Don't get me wrong i am glad he is the Port Vale manager but from day 1 i have noticed that his subs make no sense at all sometimes, ie today when bringing on 2 decent players that were needed just after half time and then bringing them on with 2 mins of normal time remaining.

Spoke to williamsons dad..he couldn't believe micky didn't bring him on earlier...another ten mins and we would have won that game.

This is really basic stuff that Adams is missing or choosing to ignore - not sure which one is worse ? also thought mcdonald was at fault for their goal - he was 5 yards off Howe before made their goal.

Spot on SFRP.JMW can't go on the outside on the right wing ,Vincent can't do the same on the left wing.I suppose we'll just have to leave Micky alone to do his job ,like NOT bringing another forward in when he had the chance and settling for donkeys in the centre of the defence.

I can't believe all the moaning, even tho I probably should expect it on here....

IMO another excellent performance from a team in administration but still looking serious promotion prospects unless off field events again impact.

Adams I believe is doing a fantastic job, despite operating with one hand tied behind his back.

Spoke to williamsons dad..he couldn't believe micky didn't bring him on earlier...another ten mins and we would have won that game.

Williamson's dad ought to be more concerned about his sons lack of progress and inability to convert simple chances.

Simply Williamson offers far less than the players already on the pitch

Jesus Christ. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Anyone would think we had played terrible all season and had no points on the board, when in fact we have played very well in every single game, could have won all 4, and are doing better than most people thought we would do.

We are never going to be 100% perfect but really, some people are not happy unless they are moaning!! We are in league 2, currently in administration, and I for one am quite chuffed with our start to the season, the results but more specifically the performances.

I can't believe all the moaning, even tho I probably should expect it on here....

IMO another excellent performance from a team in administration but still looking serious promotion prospects unless off field events again impact.

Adams I believe is doing a fantastic job, despite operating with one hand tied behind his back.

Here here. I'm gobsmacked at reading some of these comments.

Jesus Christ. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Anyone would think we had played terrible all season and had no points on the board, when in fact we have played very well in every single game, could have won all 4, and are doing better than most people thought we would do.

We are never going to be 100% perfect but really, some people are not happy unless they are moaning!! We are in league 2, currently in administration, and I for one am quite chuffed with our start to the season, the results but more specifically the performances.

Had Vale drawn at Morecambe 1-1 (a result which, half way through the second half most Vale fans there would probably have been happy to take), and then beaten Torquay 3-1 yesterday then I am sure most Vale fans would have been well happy.

Well we would still have 4 points gained, 4 goals scored and 2 conceded.

As always we manage to do things **** about face, but the outcome was still the same.

Torquay had 2 men constantly on JMW but that in turn allowed Duffy to get forward and put in some very good crosses. The two wingers are still getting used to their respective full-backs (one of whom isn't even a full-back). I'm sure that in these early games Micky wants the team to stick to the game plan and get some points on the board.

It's early days yet and the team has it's problems that many can see - don't we think Micky is well aware of the problems?

It's been a very, very encouraging start from a set of players that let's be fair, half could well have walked away and left us with the youth team!.

I am very encouraged by what I have seen thus far and came away from yesterdays quite satisfied - if Vale can match that effort in the next 42 league games, we should have a very fruitful season.......IMHO of course.

Archived