onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Please, please Mr Adams

old sage

I wish to ask Micky Adams why he persists in playing J M Williams on the right wing when the bloke only uses his right foot to stand on. I could understand it if he was playing Rob Taylor for the full 90 minutes as he is a left footed player as well but he doesn't he chooses play a right footer (Vincent) on the left and a left footed player on the right. It's crazy.

I am told that Micky likes players that can cut inside. That is great if the players can use both feet and can go both down the wings as well but sadly that isn't the case with Vincent and Williams.

The end result is lousy service to Pope and Dodds. I find it all so frustrating because I do believe JMW would be an asset on the left when Taylor is on the bench.

Advert

I was just about to post this myself, I was tearing my hair out today cus he got goal side in perfect crossing positions then had to cut back try beat the man again get it on his left. Now I know people say well thats what u get at div 4 level but I do reckon he's got lots to offer the team just so frustrating, if I were Micky id have him doin everythin in training this week on his right and if he tries enter the comfort zone on his left then id threaten cut it off!

When JMW originally came on loan he played on the right and had blistering pace,which I feel is now lacking in his game!Not sure why he isn't flying past fullbacks anymore.
Perhaps it's because he cant kick a ball for toffee with his right peg. All the full back has to do is drive him inside and then his effectiveness is minimised. Two out of three times he ends up knocking the ball back to Duffy to cross or loses it.

I agree that the wingers would be better swapped over however even when players got down the line and put balls in we had no one busting a gut to get in there, Taylor put a cracking ball late on that was begging to be put away.

IMHO Vincent will be okay. Just needs to relax a little in front of goal.

I wish to ask Micky Adams why he persists in playing J M Williams on the right wing when the bloke only uses his right foot to stand on. I could understand it if he was playing Rob Taylor for the full 90 minutes as he is a left footed player as well but he doesn't he chooses play a right footer (Vincent) on the left and a left footed player on the right. It's crazy.

I am told that Micky likes players that can cut inside. That is great if the players can use both feet and can go both down the wings as well but sadly that isn't the case with Vincent and Williams.

The end result is lousy service to Pope and Dodds. I find it all so frustrating because I do believe JMW would be an asset on the left when Taylor is on the bench.

Agree with all of the above.

Was saying it myself last week and today.

Another thing after today is I still cant decide if Vincent is a decent player or not, he's one of them u can kinda see something but not often enough, maybe its just a matter of fitness.

I think both wingers are frustrating. Not that they are bad players, but that they are out of position. Vincent clearly isn't a winger. He has pace, but his positioning and crossing leaves a bit to be desired. He'd be much more useful as a pacey striker - which is his preferred role anyway.

I can live with Myrie-Williams being on the right, as long as he cuts in more often and gets support from the full back (either Duffy or Yates) for crosses. But I'd prefer to see Loft on the left hand side of midfield with Taylor at left back. Those two down that flank would be great to watch.

One thing I will say about today also - How many times did the ball drift to the edge of the area after a cross, and no-one was there to follow it up? No wonder our midfield hasn't scored enough over the past few seasons. Shuker and Morsey played brilliantly today, but when crosses come in they need to be sitting on the edge of the area waiting for the second ball.

Archived