onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Posts from May thread....Why I'm starting to get concerned

leek.Valiant

We will miss Rico and Grif but maybe replacements have been lined up if Micky really is a s good as he makes himself out to be?

Or is he as he says "All fur coat - no knickers"?

Funnily enough, I was talking to a Leicester City fan yesterday who said he liked Micky when he was there and couldn't understand why there was so much negativity about him now. I'd hazard a guess that most negativity about Micky has been brought about by Micky's own negativity when he's interviewed - he's a glass half empty man rather than a glass half full. That doesn't mean he's bad at his job though and his time at Vale should only be judged by his own team with none of the financial restrictions he's had to work with here. That hasn't happened so far.

Advert

Well that is certainly polished. Point proven, I hope Page can do it.

On a serious note we need be talking to people like:

Zola, Haworth, Harrad, Miller, Akinfenwa, Raynes, Dickinson, Mattis, Ben Smith, Gareth Evans, Hanson, Aaron Webster, Howell, Midson, Togwell, Otsemobor, Myrie-Williams, Sam Collins, Pidgeley,

I'm pretty sure all of these are out of contract soon or have been released however don't quote me. Some might be out of our range, however if we have cash these are players we should be considering

Out of that list I may be wrong about Akinfenwa and Harrad - someone feel free correct me if so.

Even if we don't get in in time to sign all the right players there's always the loan system.

Ive slept on the whole Marc Richards leaving for Chesterfield debacle and have come to the conclusion that, although dissapointing it could in many ways become a blessing in disguise.

Marc was no spring chicken and we all know about his dodgy ankle. I also agree with a post ive seen on here about Marc's scoring record for us. Yes he has been top scorer the last 4 season and theres no denying that but you have to admit that an awful lot of his goals came from the penalty spot (they all count I hear you all say) Yes they do, but I dont think hes quite as prolific as some people on here make out or Chesterfield would like to think. Id like to see the stats if anybody can be bothered to work it out, ie how many of his goals have come from the penalty spot.

What an opportunity we have now. A new owner, new ideas, a new captain and what looks like a brand new spine to our side (after griff and ricos moves)

We will have a bit of money to play with as i expect those pair were 2 of the highest paid players at the club. Yes ideally i think most people on here wouldve loved to have kept Rico, griff and even Rigg but lets face facts. Non of them were world beaters, just solid league 2 players who i would hasten to add would not shine in league 1.

In summary, lets look forward now and not back, thanks for your efforts to the old crop. In with the new generation. I am optomistic about what the next couple of months will bring.

UTV!

Ive slept on the whole Marc Richards leaving for Chesterfield debacle and have come to the conclusion that, although dissapointing it could in many ways become a blessing in disguise.

Marc was no spring chicken and we all know about his dodgy ankle. I also agree with a post ive seen on here about Marc's scoring record for us. Yes he has been top scorer the last 4 season and theres no denying that but you have to admit that an awful lot of his goals came from the penalty spot (they all count I hear you all say) Yes they do, but I dont think hes quite as prolific as some people on here make out or Chesterfield would like to think. Id like to see the stats if anybody can be bothered to work it out, ie how many of his goals have come from the penalty spot.

What an opportunity we have now. A new owner, new ideas, a new captain and what looks like a brand new spine to our side (after griff and ricos moves)

We will have a bit of money to play with as i expect those pair were 2 of the highest paid players at the club. Yes ideally i think most people on here wouldve loved to have kept Rico, griff and even Rigg but lets face facts. Non of them were world beaters, just solid league 2 players who i would hasten to add would not shine in league 1.

In summary, lets look forward now and not back, thanks for your efforts to the old crop. In with the new generation. I am optomistic about what the next couple of months will bring

A sensible post at last!Many wanted to get rid of the majority of the squad a few weeks ago:yes:The time has come to support our club and management, as it's really needed to enable a difficult rebuilding programme to progress,once we are out of Administration.The players that have sadly left are now history so let's all dust ourselves down and rally around to get PVFC through this difficult period.Please keep the faith :upthevale:

What an opportunity we have now. Forget Griff, Rico and Rigg, none of these players won us promotion remember. Personally im glad MA and KR didn't throw silly money at Richards, he is not worth 5k at league 2 level, end of. From Richards' wage alone and also the wage budget, we have the opportunity to go and sign some good league 2 players. If we sign a decent srtiker and we have a mildfielder/midfield that create chances, we won't miss Richards' goals and the we already have a steady defence, but with the addition of a left back this will be able to improve.

It's up to MA and KR now to replace the players that have gone/go with quality!

Richards more or less said they did

Yep the Sentinel even used the term "vastly increased" to describe the terms offerred. I'm entirely confident we have done everything and more to try and keep him. If another club then want to go and pay way over the odds that's down to them but it's no bad reflection on Vale, Ryder or Adams.

11 weeks is a long time and there is a lot of work to do but get this right and I think we could be in for a memorable (in a good way) season.

Richards has said on the radio tonight that he was amazed at the revised offer made by Keith Ryder because it was so high. So let us not rubbish our new prospective owner whilst being ignorant of the facts.

People were quick to rubbish him last night,imo it shows good business sense,maybe he thinks we could bring in two decent players for what Richards wanted.

Archived