onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets issues

5 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some people in the area might be out of work, now unless I'm missing something how can people budget if they have no income. 

The demographics status of the immediate Port Vale catchment area isn't exclusive to just people earning 30k or more

What do you want them to do, give them away?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If he did he didn’t do it very well. And whatever we think of Flitcroft, he isn’t in prison. 

If you get vetted after a crime then gets taken on, you can claim a lack of due diligence. 

But that wasn't the case clearly! 

Stupid topic , there is no issue with season tickets , buy one if you're a loyal fan who sticks by his/her team or don't if you're one of those that does walking away when the going gets rough . 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bomber said:

Sorry but the club needs to show some serious intent! Or we will loose many of the extra 3k fans we have gained. Sad but true! 

We lost them due to awful football and losing league 1 status. The prices alone won’t have people flocking back. 

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If he did he didn’t do it very well. And whatever we think of Flitcroft, he isn’t in prison. 

BB wasn’t the only one fooled, and I assume the due diligence of those that were scammed just didn’t go very far, and likely couldn’t at the time due to the nature of it. Money was there until it wasn’t and things didn’t materialise, hence the crime (as I understand it). I can see why it unravelled as it is.

I’m not going to defend BB though, there should have been enough of a red flag early on to avoid the whole “investment” anyway as they were by no means a reputable company even though registered etc.  

Killersrevenge’s BB love in is one of the bizarre things though, up there with NS posting on here 😄 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

If you get vetted after a crime then gets taken on, you can claim a lack of due diligence. 

But that wasn't the case clearly! 

Due diligence involves seeking info from people in the know. He didn’t. And you only had to listen to Ames presentation to the fans to realise he was a con merchant. I’ve never heard so much bullsh** even from Smuthwaite. 

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It seems to me the animosity towards Bill was over shares.

The poor guy lost more than money when he left the club. 

However if you class Bill as a crook all I can say is the baton gets passed from one to another

I didn’t say Bill Bratt was a crook at any point. But he didn’t lose any money. He sold his shares before the club went into admin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe some fans are struggling to afford season tickets because they lost their investment when the club went into admin under Bratt and v2001.  Either way it’s certainly money they could’ve used to buy their season ticket.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Shock horror…ST’s on sale in May with an early bird offer. When was the last time this happened? Just dropping it on fans like that.

All we need is a statement signing from the big man and sales will be strong.I I’d hazard a guess, if we haven’t made that signing by the early bird deadline the offer is extended.

Misleading thread title. There are no season ticket issues. You either buy one or you don’t.

The BB love in (by one)needs its own thread filed under trash.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 3

The club survived. Credit where it's due. 
The way Bill was treated is never talked about. He ran the football club in a way it should be ran, not like a corporation 
Bull crap. Bill bratt didn't have clue. He was a fan, yes, but an insurance broker.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

However if you class Bill as a crook all I can say is the baton gets passed from one to another
Bill Bratt was a chancer. A fan, yes, but a chancer. Like smurthwaite. A chancer. He didn't have a clue. Really didn't. Carol has don better for the vale than Bratt ever did. Look at his manager appointments. Crap.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Here are (many of) the National League season ticket prices for last season 2023/24 -

WWW.HALIFAXCOURIER.CO.UK

Vale's prices compare very favourably with those clubs which are staying in the NL for the coming season.

And have a look at Chesterfield's L2 2024/25 prices, for which the Early Bird deadline has already passed -

2024_03_11_Season-Ticket-Prices-2024-25-WEB42.pdf (chesterfield-fc.co.uk)

Chesterfield have sold 5.5k too

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:
3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Bill Bratt was a chancer. Look at his manager appointments. Crap.

Really? 

So the Adams appointment was worse than the Moore appointment? 

Now I've heard it all🙄

16 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I think quite a lot would be waiting to see what players come in. I’ve stated on here previously that I will not be purchasing one whilst the likes of Grant, loft, jones and Lowe are here. I need to see some real statement and impressive signings, at which point season tickets prices will be more expensive. Personally I think it should just be one blanket price, always thought this

That's okay, so Vale don't make any great signings, you don't get one, you save your money and I'm stuck watching rubbish.  If we do then you pay more.

If the price didn't increase then I'd guess that most people would just wait until the week before the season started before purchasing, where would that leave Vale in terms of available budget?

• Like 2