onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets issues

9 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

That's okay, so Vale don't make any great signings, you don't get one, you save your money and I'm stuck watching rubbish.  If we do then you pay more.

If the price didn't increase then I'd guess that most people would just wait until the week before the season started before purchasing, where would that leave Vale in terms of available budget?

The budget issue is now mute. The club have substantial money through the acquistion

This past season is on Carol... Time for her to put her money where her mouth is and make amends. 

• Confused 2

Advert

21 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some people in the area might be out of work, now unless I'm missing something how can people budget if they have no income. 

The demographics status of the immediate Port Vale catchment area isn't exclusive to just people earning 30k or more

If they have no income it doesn't matter how much they are 🙄 You are really clutching at straws now.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mbycars said:

If they have no income it doesn't matter how much they are 🙄 You are really clutching at straws now.

How can people budget for 12 months of the year if they are part way out of work is what I meant. 

If someone can't afford it in May they may afford it in August

But the price increases then and will put many people off. Keep at the same price and offer alternative incentives for early purchase. 

Vale are in no position to increase prices. They should be begging people to comeback after the past 12 months of disaster. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The budget issue is now mute. The club have substantial money through the acquistion

This past season is on Carol... Time for her to put her money where her mouth is and make amends. 

How is the acquisition of another legal entity relevant? The owners have accumulated more personal wealth, not the club. 

Its an owners prerogative to put additional personal funds or not and how to provide funds in shares or interest free loan.

The budget is not a mute point.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MBE said:

How is the acquisition of another legal entity relevant? The owners have accumulated more personal wealth, not the club. 

Its an owners prerogative to put additional personal funds or not and how to provide funds in shares or interest free loan.

The budget is to mute at all.

The owners are in complete control of the wealth and the budget. 

You get out what you put in

Many will not pay a penny until convinced of squad improvement. Confidence in the squad is at an all time low and the feeling isn't that Vale will bounce back. 

The luster fck of a season is on the owner... She needs to make amends. She has the money to buy a core group of players that may complement a few already in the squad

Unfortunately that responsibility is down to Moore, who hasn't got off to the greatest of starts and in my eyes and many others, has literally surrendered league one. 

The standards are dreadful

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Many will not pay a penny until convinced of squad improvement. Confidence in the squad is at an all time low and the feeling isn't that Vale will bounce back. 

The luster fck of a season is on the owner... She needs to make amends. She has the money to buy a core group of players that may complement a few already in the squad

Unfortunately that responsibility is down to Moore, who hasn't got off to the greatest of starts and in my eyes and many others, has literally surrendered league one. 

The owners have started to make amends by showing humility admitting mistakes, reverting back to a a traditional model for football manager and a CEO as the mouthpiece. We've also had an admission from the CEO the club the culture was too nice and they got it wrong. Thats an excellent start.

Jury out on the manager which I understand however he's a big name in L2 and now has full control to do what he feels necessary. His track record prior to 2023/34 season is very good for WBA,Doncaster & Sheff Wed. It's up to the manager to be clever with whatever budget is set and bring in players who will represent and excite us raising standards. 

The owners lost 3 mil last season and 1 mil to get promoted to L1. I don't think they owe us anything. 

The mantra has to be be keep improving the club infrastructure and steadily build to transform into a more sustainable club.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MBE said:

The owners have started to make amends by showing humility admitting mistakes, reverting back to a a traditional model for football manager and a CEO as the mouthpiece. We've also had an admission from the CEO the club the culture was too nice and they got it wrong. Thats an excellent start.

Jury out on the manager which I understand however he's a big name in L2 and now has full control to do what he feels necessary. His track record prior to 2023/34 season is very good for WBA,Doncaster & Sheff Wed. It's up to the manager to be clever with whatever budget is set and bring in players who will represent and excite us raising standards. 

The owners lost 3 mil last season and 1 mil to get promoted to L1. I don't think they owe us anything. 

The mantra has to be be keep improving the club infrastructure and steadily build to transform into a more sustainable club.

If the owners lost money despite a promotion, FA cup and Semi final league cup money, plus an increase in season ticket sales😉

Does anyone know the official number er sold last year... Anyone!!!. 

Then financial management needs to be addressed and again, that is down to the owner. 

Stop making excuses. Money is being made somewhere but the money clearly wasn't directed to where it should have been... The football. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44

20 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Here are (many of) the National League season ticket prices for last season 2023/24 -

WWW.HALIFAXCOURIER.CO.UK

Vale's prices compare very favourably with those clubs which are staying in the NL for the coming season.

And have a look at Chesterfield's L2 2024/25 prices, for which the Early Bird deadline has already passed -

2024_03_11_Season-Ticket-Prices-2024-25-WEB42.pdf (chesterfield-fc.co.uk)

11 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Chesterfield have sold 5.5k too

5,500 STs and still counting, at those ST prices which are much higher than Vale's, is how Chesterfield can make offers which are sufficient to attract players of the calibre of Paddy Madden, a super-consistent goal-scorer in the lower leagues.

Chesterfield averaged nearly 7,500 supporters per home game in the National League last season and will certainly increase that this coming season in L2, which is a great showing for a town of about 75,000 people.

We Vale supporters can't just rely on Carol's continuing subsidies, we have to play our part too, buy our STs early, drag lapsed and new supporters along to the games, get in the club shop and spend our hard-earned, and so on.

And yes, I do know these are hard times and some genuine Vale supporters currently can't do that through no choice of their own, but let's all do what we can.

• Like 3

The sun is out and you have been on here solidly for nearly a week, give it a rest now your boring, we get it, you've crawled out of the woodwork since relegation now do us a favour and have a break.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

5,500 STs and still counting, at those ST prices which are much higher than Vale's, is how Chesterfield can make offers which are sufficient to attract players of the calibre of Paddy Madden, a super-consistent goal-scorer in the lower leagues.

Chesterfield averaged nearly 7,500 supporters per home game in the National League last season and will certainly increase that this coming season in L2, which is a great showing for a town of about 75,000 people.

We Vale supporters can't just rely on Carol's continuing subsidies, we have to play our part too, buy our STs early, drag lapsed and new supporters along to the games, get in the club shop and spend our hard-earned, and so on.

And yes, I do know these are hard times and some genuine Vale supporters currently can't do that through no choice of their own, but let's all do what we can.

We have done this previously and been rewarded with players like Loft, Uche, Lowe, Massey ect. 
There is a big buzz around Chesterfield and they have just been promoted and have money behind them anyway.

I hate how the onus is on fans. I will not be buying a season ticket early this season. I did it the last two season and was rewarded with garbage football and garbage non league signings. Not to mention backing the club early resulted in us not bothering to sign forwards until deadline day and starting one season with a 17 year old centre mid up front. 

I will wait to see who we sign before making a decision this season. I blindly brought a season ticket previously and was rewarded with rubbish and I’m not falling for it again.  The club is back in league 2 because of the owners making a complete mess of it and taking their eye off the football and focussing on off field activities. In my opinion it’s up to them to put this right and earn support back. 

The fans have always backed this club attendances remained decent last season even with the <ovf censored> show on display. So don’t even go there insinuating that we haven’t backed the club 

• Like 1

Even though I have "Killersrevenge44" on block, I keep seeing his posts because other people quote them.

It could hardly be more obvious that he is either -

1. Someone formerly involved with running Vale who now has a big axe to grind and so is trying to make the current management of the club fail

2. A S***e supporter simulating being someone formerly involved with running Vale who now has a big axe to grind and so is trying to make the current management of the club fail

I don't understand why people dignify his continual stream of sewage by even reading it, let alone engaging with it?

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

If the owners lost money despite a promotion, FA cup and Semi final league cup money, plus an increase in season ticket sales😉

Does anyone know the official number er sold last year... Anyone!!!. 

Then financial management needs to be addressed and again, that is down to the owner. 

Stop making excuses. Money is being made somewhere but the money clearly wasn't directed to where it should have been... The football. 

Making excuses????

Have you seen how many clubs break even in the EFL? It’s less than 5%.

It’s the financial reality of football.

The club has not been making money and is propped up be the owners.

We need to get in the 5% club overtime which is for the owners to try and achieve. You also have to bear in mind the club was a complete shell when Smurf completely stripped the assets and ran down the club so it’s going to take a period of significant CAPEX investment to stabilise which the club have done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Even though I have "Killersrevenge44" on block, I keep seeing his posts because other people quote them.

It could hardly be more obvious that he is either -

1. Someone formerly involved with running Vale who now has a big axe to grind and so is trying to make the current management of the club fail

2. A S***e supporter simulating being someone formerly involved with running Vale who now has a big axe to grind and so is trying to make the current management of the club fail

I don't understand why people dignify his continual stream of sewage by even reading it, let alone engaging with it?

@Killersrevenge44 is actually Bill Bratt 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

So don’t even go there insinuating that we haven’t backed the club 

I haven't insinuated that.

I've simply stated the obvious fact that we have to do our bit if the club is to sign better players and achieve the success on the pitch that all genuine supporters want.

You tell us that "I will not be buying a season ticket early this season. I will wait to see who we sign before making a decision this season."

Fine, that's your decision, one which we have seen each and every time that you have announced it.

That doesn't mean that you have to jump on every positive post on the forum and pour your customary negativity all over them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1