onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets issues

57 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some people in the area might be out of work, now unless I'm missing something how can people budget if they have no income. 

The demographics status of the immediate Port Vale catchment area isn't exclusive to just people earning 30k or more

If they have no income sadly they would have to budget accordingly and you'd hope football was the least of their priorities. 

• Thanks 1

Advert

59 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some people in the area might be out of work, now unless I'm missing something how can people budget if they have no income. 

The demographics status of the immediate Port Vale catchment area isn't exclusive to just people earning 30k or more

Instead of paying £6.44 a week down the pub put it into a piggy bank and by the end of 12 months you'll have £335 to spend on a season ticket.

And don't worry I wont charge you for financial advice.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, bomber said:

I have blindly parted with my money since Carol took over, paying when there was no chance of attending. Sorry after two years of absolute dross I would like to see some serious intent from the club regarding recruitment before I commit again.

Without any income from season tickets I'm afraid the club wont be in a position to demonstrate any serious intent.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

If they have no income sadly they would have to budget accordingly and you'd hope football was the least of their priorities. 

I used that as one example... But just because people work doesn't mean they can necessarily afford it. 

Shouldn't the club make attending inclusive to all backgrounds? If I was the owner that would be one of my priorities. 

Port Vale is a 'community' football club apparently. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Without any income from season tickets I'm afraid the club wont be in a position to demonstrate any serious intent.

Did they ever? 

The club has been mainly relying on frees and loanees. Very rare do Vale pay for a player 

Edited by Killersrevenge44

20 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Instead of paying £6.44 a week down the pub put it into a piggy bank and by the end of 12 months you'll have £335 to spend on a season ticket.

And don't worry I wont charge you for financial advice.

Good idea Batman! 

33 minutes ago, bomber said:

I have blindly parted with my money since Carol took over, paying when there was no chance of attending. Sorry after two years of absolute dross I would like to see some serious intent from the club regarding recruitment before I commit again.

They never do. 

The season just gone was a disgrace as was The regard to the fans. 

Many, though, will forgive and forget and she knows this. 

7 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I used that as one example... But just because people work doesn't mean they can necessarily afford it. 

Shouldn't the club make attending inclusive to all backgrounds? If I was the owner that would be one of my priorities. 

Port Vale is a 'community' football club apparently. 

And how on earth would you means-test it?

5 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Did they ever? 

The club has been mainly relying on frees and loanees. Very rare do Vale pay for a player 

Very rarely do any clubs in L2 pay for a player; its the wages on offer to attract good players that I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, Stockleys_socks said:

And how on earth would you means-test it?

You certainly don't raise the price if people cannot purchase when first released. 

Seats should be first come first served and only in the case of a deposit placed should seats be retained. 

I think if people want to sit in the same place that is incentive enough to pay in the early bird period. 

The price increases per month are ridiculous as are the pay on the day admission fees. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I would have BB back in a heart beat... He was a decent honest man but this isn't about him. 

That’s not what the judge said about him. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This is a ridiculous thread. Every year we have someone who starts a thread about the price of season tickets (which were announced a month ago) and asking where folk are going to find the money from, especially if they don’t buy until the price is at its maximum in August.

Who knew STs would be on sale in the summer?  What a bloody shock that is.  If you want a season ticket plan for it. An adult ticket in the Lorne Street costs £350. Put a quid a day in a piggy bank and job done. If you decide not to have one you have got enough to have a nice weekend break somewhere. It’s not rocket science unless you’ve only got half a brain. 

• Like 7

Just now, Jacko51 said:

This is a ridiculous thread. Every year we have someone who starts a thread about the price of season tickets (which were announced a month ago) and asking where folk are going to find the money from, especially if they don’t buy until the price is at its maximum in August.

Who knew STs would be on sale in the summer?  What a bloody shock that is.  If you want a season ticket plan for it. An adult ticket in the Lorne Street costs £350. Put a quid a day in a piggy bank and job done. If you decide not to have one you have got enough to have a nice weekend break somewhere. It’s not rocket science unless you’ve only got half a brain. 

Not exactly. 

The way the club has performed recently has convinced me that I will not buy a season ticket until I see good reason to, potentially at which point would be far more expensive than blindly buying one at the early bird offer. I’ve done this the last few seasons (season ticket purchased before actually seeing what kind of squad we have) and I will not be doing it again. 

• Like 2