onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An evening with DM & Matt Hancock - Thurs 2nd May

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

And after all... Carol said the players were 'Phenomenal'.. I would back my life savings on anything she recommended...! 

Flitcroft... Her doing

Players and relegation... Her doing

Moore... Her doing

5.5 yr contract... Her doing

Next installment... To be continued😉

You’re a rayt bundle of joy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Advert

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

And after all... Carol said the players were 'Phenomenal'.. I would back my life savings on anything she recommended...! 

Flitcroft... Her doing

Players and relegation... Her doing

Moore... Her doing

5.5 yr contract... Her doing

Next installment... To be continued😉

Administration ... Bill's doing!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, trentvale said:

I personally do not think that Matt Hancock is qualified either professionally or by experience to be a CEO. He was head of community at Burton less than 18 months ago. That does not prepare you to run a Company in its entirety. So Carol stepping aside is not good in my view and something tells me that will be the gradual pull back by the family. Too much hurt and too many mistakes.

I can only see more struggle ahead.

Matt Hancock isn't running PVFC in it's entirety, Carol still is but she will not be as visible as before, this may be a good or bad thang only time will tell. I took from the Q&A the family were still as committed to PVFC as ever.

Matt Hancock is the Chief Executive Officer at PVFC and I would assume he is responsible for the commercial side of PVFC (Although I have not seen a job description), whereas, Darren Moore will now be responsible for Football matters including recruitment. I do hope Darren is a success and gets the help and money he will need.

I would imagine these two guys  will report to Carol/work closely with her as will other people like a HR person, a legal and a finance person etc, the usual stuff that makes up a board room.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Vtid said:

With a competitive budget which they’ve said we’ll have then a top half finish shouldn’t really be a struggle. I agree with the promotion part, suppose the recruitment or lack of will tell us more 👍🏻 

How will our competitive budget be spent? If it's paying off under contract players then how much will be left for new signings and will that figure be competitive?

• Like 3

How will our competitive budget be spent? If it's paying off under contract players then how much will be left for new signings and will that figure be competitive?
Do you want to keep the dross we have? Get rid and sign on players who have heart and desire.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Matt Hancock isn't running PVFC in it's entirety, Carol still is but she will not be as visible as before, this may be a good or bad thang only time will tell. I took from the Q&A the family were still as committed to PVFC as ever.

Matt Hancock is the Chief Executive Officer at PVFC and I would assume he is responsible for the commercial side of PVFC (Although I have not seen a job description), whereas, Darren Moore will now be responsible for Football matters including recruitment. I do hope Darren is a success and gets the help and money he will need.

I would imagine these two guys  will report to Carol/work closely with her as will other people like a HR person, a legal and a finance person etc, the usual stuff that makes up a board room.

As we got relegated we have to accept that several operational and strategic mistakes were made. That includes David Flitcroft did not perform well in leading the football side in the last two seasons. In particular recruitment of players was weak and not mitigated by a few good signings. Carol et al have accepted this and apologised to the fans. We really need to wipe the slate clean on historic criticism and move on so that the poisonous atmosphere has a chance of being transformed to something very positive again. That includes players not being filled with fear about playing at home. 

We now have what I recognise as a typical business set up. Carol as Chair, Mark as CEO with Darren as the manager of the main activity - football. There was a clear recognition of the need to completely prioritise the football top to bottom in the club. Do not take on too many other off field projects simultaneously. Having watched the whole of the meeting I think they have got it right at strategic level and success will come if plans are implemented effectively at operational level. 

I'm quite optimistic of a good season which I define as a strong challenge for promotion. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, man in the pub said:

I think we may pay a few of them off, there’s a possibility some clubs could put in an offer for a couple too. Wouldn’t suprise me to see the likes of Jones & Lowe drop to the national league like Conlon has. We definitely aren’t getting rid of all of them I can see some staying which will be fine if they are squad players & you make a good point we need to invest in some quality. Which I fully believe we will having watched the supporters club meeting last week mate 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Warren said:

As we got relegated we have to accept that several operational and strategic mistakes were made. That includes David Flitcroft did not perform well in leading the football side in the last two seasons. In particular recruitment of players was weak and not mitigated by a few good signings. Carol et al have accepted this and apologised to the fans. We really need to wipe the slate clean on historic criticism and move on so that the poisonous atmosphere has a chance of being transformed to something very positive again. That includes players not being filled with fear about playing at home. 

We now have what I recognise as a typical business set up. Carol as Chair, Mark as CEO with Darren as the manager of the main activity - football. There was a clear recognition of the need to completely prioritise the football top to bottom in the club. Do not take on too many other off field projects simultaneously. Having watched the whole of the meeting I think they have got it right at strategic level and success will come if plans are implemented effectively at operational level. 

I'm quite optimistic of a good season which I define as a strong challenge for promotion. 

Thanks Wozza 👍👍👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, man in the pub said:

Well logically if a big percentage of the budget was spent in just paying off under contract players it wouldn't be a competitive budget, would it?

What I took away from the Q&A was that Darren and his staff would have a budget that would enable creation of a competitive
squad, after all pay-offs, retentions and incomings have been completed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Well logically if a big percentage of the budget was spent in just paying off under contract players it wouldn't be a competitive budget, would it?

What I took away from the Q&A was that Darren and his staff would have a budget that would enable creation of a competitive
squad, after all pay-offs, retentions and incomings have been completed.

I think the players we have are potentially very competitive at L2 level. Yes, there is a need to rebalance the squad so we can actually play people in their best positions. Yes, there is a need to strengthen in some areas. 

But I took a lot from what Darren Moore said about players returning to pre season with the right preparation and attitude. They are likely to be got rid of at that point if they are not matching his requirements which he can impose from scratch. It is clear that stuff like conceding the same type of goal game after game can't go on. So too is a lack of general toughness and resilience not acceptable etc.

I think some of the players would be better doing exactly what they are told. Jones for example is a good player at L2 level if he cut out the 1 in 10 long ball, making tackles that get him injured and concentrating better all round. He can turn up to pre season ready to do that working within a disciplined side or be eased out of the club. 

I realise a downside of waiting to return to training is potentially a mistake in the transfer market. So I do expect some players have gone past the point of no return with Darren Moore and will be moved on anyway. I speak of Jones and he could be one. I also thought it was significant that the captaincy will change. I'm not sure what that signals re Smith. I suspect kicking a dead ball directly to the opposition striker and conceding a goal in Moore's first game at home may not be forgiven. 

Edited by Warren

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Dependant upon who we bring in, an experienced captain  could well be on the agenda. 

Yes I think it will be someone new to the club probably someone who he has worked with and trusts.  Similar to the bizarre Tommy Fraser appointment by Mickey Adams to send a clear message to all that remain that change is needed.

Also talked about splitting team and club captain roles - so maybe still a place for Smudge, but possibly more of a squad player.  To be fair we hav3 far bigger problems than him!

Edited by Bald Eagle