onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An evening with DM & Matt Hancock - Thurs 2nd May

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

To be fair I just want him to keep a low profile. 
The whole “El Presidente” thing was cringeworthy at best. 

I agree. The Robbie hat-trick thing, is just tongue in cheek from me.

I think Vale Park will make a great concert venue for anybody

• Like 2

Advert

15 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah I said this months ago , DM inherited a shyte show of a squad hence that's why he struggled,but some fans were digging him out  i reckon we'll be top 4 next season 

Not good enough.....need to be top 3! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Again, talk is cheap, but Matt acknowledged the separation between fans and the club. That was good to hear.

Nice to see Carol will be taking a backstep but still very much committed. 
Great to hear that Darren will be the football boss of everything. 
Let’s not forget, we have a former premier league player and manager, who this time last season had amassed almost 100 points in league 1.

He had no pre season at Huddersfield and walked into an absolute shower here. 

We go into next season with a manager who has a proven record and can now get his own players in. We also have a hierarchy who acknowledge they’ve become too nice and mistakes were made. 

There were no negatives at all from Matt or Darren tonight. It wasn’t cliche crap. It was all about the hard work starts here and we know what we are doing. Especially Darren. 

To those 17 in contract……. 
Look at Ben, Chizzy and Ripley. 

If we can keep those three and get rid of a minimum 8 of those deadwood, I’d be over the moon. 

Chislett & Garrity I agree with mate but for me Ripley pisses about too much and takes too many chances for my liking but he's a good shot stopper but most of the time he thinks he can play like Bobby Moore and he can't 😬 Ripley's job is to command his area and keep the ball out the net , imo 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Chislett & Garrity I agree with mate but for me Ripley pisses about too much and takes too many chances for my liking but he's a good shot stopper but most of the time he thinks he can play like Bobby Moore and he can't 😬 Ripley's job is to command his area and keep the ball out the net , imo 

He’s had that instilled in him by Crosbys tippy tappy crap. 
In league 2 you aren’t getting any better than Ripley. 
You also need to take into account that his defence in front of him have changed on a game to game basis this season and most of those individuals have been garbage. 
He has been massively overworked. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

For the first time ever, I'am actually going to disagree with you.

Artists play multiple nights at arenas & stadiums etc.

Last year, Kings of Leon played 2 consecutive nights at Wrexham's football ground at the end of May.

No reason why we can not do at least 2 nights of concerts, whoever it is, next year.

I'm under the impression that Stoke City are looking to bring back concerts to the BET365 in the next year or two also.

I was more knocking the idea of at the end of May which was what guy suggested. But you're right with planning ( not 3 weeks) I'm sure it's doable. 

9 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I must admit I wouldn't be fussed if Ripley left. Over rated player mainly because our GK have been absolute shower since Scott Brown.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Loud round of applause and cheers for DM saying "Just because you see 17 players under contract doesn't mean those 17 will be here next season"

Thank <ovf censored>. Get them gone.

What that usually means in Vale world is that Chislett and Garrity will get sold for a few quid. No way are the duffers going to get moved on easily on their contracts. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I was more knocking the idea of at the end of May which was what guy suggested. But you're right with planning ( not 3 weeks) I'm sure it's doable. 

I did not realise that what the guy was suggesting 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

People are laughing, but I've got a really strange feeling about this one. He's already made his money, last move of his career in a league where he would run the show, maybe get some coaching badges out of it and hopefully a promotion. It's no secret he absolutely loved playing for Moore at Wednesday. I just don't think it's as daft a move as people are thinking.

He’s the new captain who Big D nearly named dropped tonight 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I know it wasn't mentioned at the meeting, but does anyone know what's happening with the plans for the campus and training ground? Did they quietly get dropped when DF left?

Always sounded like a massive vanity project from Twatcroft - including his new office with big windows overlooking it all, wasn't it?!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

He’s the new captain who Big D nearly named dropped tonight 

I didn't notice him nearly name drop him, but that's brilliant if he did. A real sign of his and the owners intent. It would turn a dour mood into a positive one in an instant. Fans back on side and season tickets flying off the shelf.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

People are laughing, but I've got a really strange feeling about this one. He's already made his money, last move of his career in a league where he would run the show, maybe get some coaching badges out of it and hopefully a promotion. It's no secret he absolutely loved playing for Moore at Wednesday. I just don't think it's as daft a move as people are thinking.

Would be great if you are right - even though he came across a bit of a tvvat when they beat us at Vale Park last season, getting right into Conlon's face, whilst gobbing off and laughing at him. (maybe he was just taking the mickey out of his name, and was calling him Con-lon?!)

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid