onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chatterley Whitfield?

melv

Advert

I was really glad for all sorts of reasons when those Ameriturf/BlueSky deals fell through, I could never get my head around the whole CW scenario but I did like the so called rumour of the possibility of us taking on Dimensions, that would have made much more sense with having all weather pitches on our doorstep and an indoor facility within walking distance, no idea if any of it was true but it would have been both beneficial for the club and the council in my opinion and hope its something that could still be looked at.

If you need to now about CW go to the PV community and speak to Jim Cooper he'll tell you that Vile 2001 tried to hijack it from them and they try to take all the credit as it is PVCT have the lease NOT PVFC

Re The Community Trust - Mike LLoyd was appointed as a director a month after the club went into admin on 27 April.

Deakin's directorship was terminated twice on 25/4 and 26/4!! According to Companies House that is.

If Mike Lloyd is still involved then KR should steer well clear IMHO.

Do the Community Trust's accounts still show a cash surplus of about £250k of restricted (ie ringfenced) funds?

That cash should still be in the bank, shouldn't it?

Not quite!!!

The restricted funds of £250k approx in the last accounts were represented by cash of £27k and Improvements to LEASEHOLD property of over £220k. How much do you think improvements are worth if you dont own the freehold ? Who would you sell it to to release the cash? Is it at Chatterley or VP?

Not quite!!!

The restricted funds of £250k approx in the last accounts were represented by cash of £27k and Improvements to LEASEHOLD property of over £220k. How much do you think improvements are worth if you dont own the freehold ? Who would you sell it to to release the cash? Is it at Chatterley or VP?

Depends how long the lease is for nick, could be 999 year?

Depends how long the lease is for nick, could be 999 year?

And on what the improvements actually are, their future potential for use and sell on value otherwise. The fund is restricted anyway and could even be repayable.

What happened to the lease during admin would also be a factor.

Hi guys,

As Chairman of the Trust I thought that I might be best placed to answer the questions posed above.

OK ...

What's going to happen with the CW Project?

Well in all honesty the Trust would love to plough on with a COMMUNITY based project consisting of pitches, changing facilities, classrooms and community facilities on the CW site. As previously stated, the Trust holds the lease for the ground (Not the the club in any of its forms) so any decision on its progress will be made by the trustees which I hope will include KR and other senior officers of the NEW company.

If we were to progress the scheme, it would need to be funded by grants but the Trust is mindful of not wanting to commit to anything that may interfere with the new owners plans for the Academy etc. Therefore as soon as KR is in place, the trustees both current and soon to be announced will meet with the club to discuss any partnership arrangements that might be of benefit to both parties.

"KR would do well to wind up the Community Trust and start afresh"

Not that you'd expect me to agree, but Port Vale FC Community Trust is an INDEPENDENT organisation and therefore KR could not simply close the scheme and relaunch it. In fact why would he want too? The scheme has one of the most experienced Managers (Jim Cooper) in the Country in place and a very strong team of coaches and educationalists which have been forced to battle against the Club in its former guise to protect its integrity on several occasions instead of working with it.

I will publish the names of the New Independent Trustee's as soon as they are public on Companies House and as soon as the Club elects a few to join us, again I will post them.

"Did the club ever receive any grant money for this project?If so where did that money go?"

No, we never received ANY money for the CW Project. Planning work was started, but any costs were absorbed by the Trust and the to a lesser extent the Club.

"If you need to know about CW go to the PV community and speak to Jim Cooper he'll tell you that Vile 2001 tried to hijack it from them and they try to take all the credit as it is PVCT have the lease NOT PVFC"

I can only second that ... A lot has gone on at the Club over the last few years, but I'm very happy to support Jim Coopers integrity through it all.

"Deakin's directorship was terminated twice on 25/4 and 26/4!! According to Companies House that is"

That was an admin error on my part, but I prefer to think that I was making sure ...

"Do the Community Trust's accounts still show a cash surplus of about £250k of restricted (ie ringfenced) funds?"

The Accounts for the previous year are posted on the Charities Commission website for all to see, after some great work by the team the Trust managed a small operating gain during the year.

I'm sure there are other questions, but the answer to many of them will be ... We'll tell you when we know!

If any of you have further questions, please post them here or PM should you wish but please bare this in mind ... The Trust is an independent organisation set up to support the Community in and around Port Vale FC. For several years the Trust has had an awkward relationship with the former Board but rest assured we are all looking forward to a new inclusive partnership with Keith in the future.

KV

:ninja:

Hi guys,

As Chairman of the Trust I thought that I might be best placed to answer the questions posed above.

OK ...

What's going to happen with the CW Project?

Well in all honesty the Trust would love to plough on with a COMMUNITY based project consisting of pitches, changing facilities, classrooms and community facilities on the CW site. As previously stated, the Trust holds the lease for the ground (Not the the club in any of its forms) so any decision on its progress will be made by the trustees which I hope will include KR and other senior officers of the NEW company.

If we were to progress the scheme, it would need to be funded by grants but the Trust is mindful of not wanting to commit to anything that may interfere with the new owners plans for the Academy etc. Therefore as soon as KR is in place, the trustees both current and soon to be announced will meet with the club to discuss any partnership arrangements that might be of benefit to both parties.

"KR would do well to wind up the Community Trust and start afresh"

Not that you'd expect me to agree, but Port Vale FC Community Trust is an INDEPENDENT organisation and therefore KR could not simply close the scheme and relaunch it. In fact why would he want too? The scheme has one of the most experienced Managers (Jim Cooper) in the Country in place and a very strong team of coaches and educationalists which have been forced to battle against the Club in its former guise to protect its integrity on several occasions instead of working with it.

I will publish the names of the New Independent Trustee's as soon as they are public on Companies House and as soon as the Club elects a few to join us, again I will post them.

"Did the club ever receive any grant money for this project?If so where did that money go?"

No, we never received ANY money for the CW Project. Planning work was started, but any costs were absorbed by the Trust and the to a lesser extent the Club.

"If you need to know about CW go to the PV community and speak to Jim Cooper he'll tell you that Vile 2001 tried to hijack it from them and they try to take all the credit as it is PVCT have the lease NOT PVFC"

I can only second that ... A lot has gone on at the Club over the last few years, but I'm very happy to support Jim Coopers integrity through it all.

"Deakin's directorship was terminated twice on 25/4 and 26/4!! According to Companies House that is"

That was an admin error on my part, but I prefer to think that I was making sure ...

"Do the Community Trust's accounts still show a cash surplus of about £250k of restricted (ie ringfenced) funds?"

The Accounts for the previous year are posted on the Charities Commission website for all to see, after some great work by the team the Trust managed a small operating gain during the year.

I'm sure there are other questions, but the answer to many of them will be ... We'll tell you when we know!

If any of you have further questions, please post them here or PM should you wish but please bare this in mind ... The Trust is an independent organisation set up to support the Community in and around Port Vale FC. For several years the Trust has had an awkward relationship with the former Board but rest assured we are all looking forward to a new inclusive partnership with Keith in the future.

KV

:ninja:

Thanks for the info and for coming out into the open . Just two questions :

What and where are the leasehold improvements/

Why was Mike LLoyd appointed several weeks after the club went into admin?

Archived