onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I would be a bit bitter myself if I lost money... I know what it feels like... Don't forget Bratty administered the cheapest season tickets recorded for any season... Swings and roundabouts. 

No he didn’t. Think you will find season tickets were a lot cheaper years ago.

Advert

14 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

He brought MA back to the club. A feat in itself. 

Not really.

When MA stock was low after a disaster of a time at Sheffield United?

Who brought MA originally to the club?

Plus why are you ignoring the questions of who you are?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not really.

When MA stock was low after a disaster of a time at Sheffield United?

Who brought MA originally to the club?

Plus why are you ignoring the questions of who you are?

MA could have gone to any club in the third or fourth tiers... You know it I know it. 

He chose Vale. Before him Jim Gannon chose Vale and at that time he had a better record than Darren Moore. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I would be a bit bitter myself if I lost money... I know what it feels like... Don't forget Bratty administered the cheapest season tickets recorded for any season... Swings and roundabouts. 

He did not lose money, you absolute clown.

He conned his way into being chairman of the club for very little investment. He then awarded himself a massive wage in doing so and then changed all the shareholder's t & c's so that he could not be removed.

He then was on a beach in the Caribbean, sticking his two fingers up to all the Port Vale supporters & all the shareholders, after being the only shareholder  to get his little, pathetic investment back whilst the club went into administration because of his shabby leadership.

He is the biggest con man of them all.

Maybe him and Smurf should join forces and buy Tranmere Rovers to show us what we are all missing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

MA could have gone to any club in the third or fourth tiers... You know it I know it. 

He chose Vale. Before him Jim Gannon chose Vale and at that time he had a better record than Darren Moore. 

Love how you never answer any questions?

Whats your relationship to yourself Bill?

Who originally brought MA to the Club, Bill?

Who originally got Robbie Williams to invest £250k but took all the credit away from that person and took the glory for himself Bill?

MA severance pay from Sheffield United did not even have time to hit his bank account before Vale were on the phone begging for him to come back.

What other 3rd & 4th tier clubs were in for MA at that time?

28 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Love how you never answer any questions?

Whats your relationship to yourself Bill?

Who originally brought MA to the Club, Bill?

Who originally got Robbie Williams to invest £250k but took all the credit away from that person and took the glory for himself Bill?

MA severance pay from Sheffield United did not even have time to hit his bank account before Vale were on the phone begging for him to come back.

What other 3rd & 4th tier clubs were in for MA at that time?

There's no point. Carol holds the cards... Talking of Carol... Has she announced when she's going to front up to the fans. Will she join the players in a lap of shame? 

• Confused 1

We had a competitive budget this year, it was just spent unwisely by those who were supposed to be the football and recruitment experts. Short of Carol scouting the players herself I don’t know what else she could do. She could have gotten rid of Crosby and Flitters earlier, but she’ll learn from that. Her biggest mistake has been leaving others in place too long to make too many mistakes with the first team. I do think this relegation will have caused a big wake up call for her decision-making and I wouldn’t be surprised if she got more hands with exactly how the budget is being spent - in terms of holding them constantly and firmly to account.

Regarding intentions, financial input and everything else that goes into ownership, she’s got our best interests at heart and she’s obviously the right person to lead us back to L1.

Sang, Grant, Lowe, Ripley, Uche, Loft etc. will not have been cheap. There was plenty of money there I’m sure to get a decent striker without having no support players to fund it. She gave the recruitment team the funds and they squandered it. Signing Uche and Loft proves we could have got decent strikers for the funds available. That’s part of my anger with this whole mess; it’s not just a rubbish squad, but an expensive group that are going to be hard to shift before their contracts run out.

Edited by 1
  • Like 1

Micky Adams was a wonderful appointment and looking back aside from the Foyle season with poor buys the club was generally stable in the 3rd division. 

I think Carol established good foundations for the club initially but we have lost our way and some of the decision making has been dreadful . If it carried on, it would be going in a Smurf or Bratt direction. 

The worrying thing is, all owners except the MOLD era had a honeymoon period, but nobody has ever been able to convincingly turn around a decline when it has been happening. 

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Micky Adams was a wonderful appointment and looking back aside from the Foyle season with poor buys the club was generally stable in the 3rd division. 

I think Carol established good foundations for the club initially but we have lost our way and some of the decision making has been dreadful . If it carried on, it would be going in a Smurf or Bratt direction. 

The worrying thing is, all owners except the MOLD era had a honeymoon period, but nobody has ever been able to convincingly turn around a decline when it has been happening. 

Compare Bratt, Smurf Waite and Shanahan eras I would say the worst has been clearly the past 18 months. The squad is near to as much use as a chocolate teapot. The manager has no element of passion, the owner doesn't want to engage with the fans. The facilities are a sham, the accounts are a mess,  the confidence is at an all time low!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

He did not lose money, you absolute clown.

He conned his way into being chairman of the club for very little investment. He then awarded himself a massive wage in doing so and then changed all the shareholder's t & c's so that he could not be removed.

He then was on a beach in the Caribbean, sticking his two fingers up to all the Port Vale supporters & all the shareholders, after being the only shareholder  to get his little, pathetic investment back whilst the club went into administration because of his shabby leadership.

He is the biggest con man of them all.

Maybe him and Smurf should join forces and buy Tranmere Rovers to show us what we are all missing

Spain, not the Caribbean! 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Compare Bratt, Smurf Waite and Shanahan eras I would say the worst has been clearly the past 18 months. The squad is near to as much use as a chocolate teapot. The manager has no element of passion, the owner doesn't want to engage with the fans. The facilities are a sham, the accounts are a mess,  the confidence is at an all time low!! 

And you write all of this whilst having a picture of that bloke who took the club into administration as your avatar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Again, we are going with this small mentality that we are just little Port Vale, so , who would want to buy us or play for us. That mentality needs to stop.

We are only one of a very limited number of clubs that can call themselves a professional football club, that is unique in its own terms and anybody whi is anybody would see it being a privilege to be involved with a professional football like playing for Port Vale, working for Port Vale or owning Port Vale.

Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.

By the way, this is me not saying I want Carol to sell.  I just want her to crack on now & learn by the mistakes that most fans have seen & been telling her about for the last 18 months. Make the changes needed and pull the resources together to win promotion of that crap league asap.

I'm just tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale.

You have all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf

Do you know what? The day that Carol decides to move on and sell the club, I'm also 100% convinced that with all the contacts that she's now got in business and football, she will find an even better owner than herself to take over the club

4 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

Brian, are you taking the time to read what you post?

Yes, there are loads of people out there who want to take over Port Vale.

People exactly like Smurthwaite who want take over the club and all of its assets, and then bleed them dry to fill up their own coffers.

Genuine people like Carol, people who actually do want to invest in the club and build it up, are extremely few and far between.

Carol is a gem and we are lucky to have her in charge of our club.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

@Alan Vit please re-read what I have put and then please re-phrase your questioning

@Brian Johnson

I read it very carefully and replied to the actual content which you posted.

===

You said that there may be many people who want to buy or invest in our football club, but we wouldn't know about them because the owner or CEO of Port Vale wouldn't tell us about them.

You said that you are "tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale" and we have "all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf".

I agreed with you that there are loads of people out there who want to take over Port Vale.

But pointed out to you that the vast majority of them are "people exactly like Smurthwaite who want take over the club and all of its assets, and then bleed them dry to fill up their own coffers.

And further pointed out that, on the other hand, genuine people like Carol, people who actually do want to invest in the club and build it up, are extremely few and far between.

===

I understand that you are not saying you want Carol to sell.

So we are also in agreement about that.

I'm just further stressing that we, the supporters as a whole, shouldn't hold false views about there being loads of genuine buyers out there who are interested in taking over Port Vale for constructive reasons, because there aren't.

Football seems to attract a large number of self-serving low-lifes such as the Smurthwaites of this world.

Which is why we are lucky to have someone like Carol in charge of our club.

• Like 4

Open letter to Carol…

Sort this <ovf censored> show out. Give us back some pride! 

Signed, 

Every Port Vale fan past and present. 

PS tell Darren to release his retained list this week! Let’s get going rather than farting around! 

• Like 3

Open letter to Carol…
Sort this show out. Give us back some pride! 

Signed, 
Every Port Vale fan past and present. 

PS tell Darren to release his retained list this week! Let’s get going rather than farting around! 

We don't need to know before the end of May, we are not signing players. Useful.to know that is all.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app