onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

More 'Moron' Jibes

Memphis

Advert

Where would the club be if Bratt hadn't intervened?? Come on, lets be fair here.

Investment needed is one thing, but if it wasn't for Bratt and his cronies there would be no club.

That is the biggest load of rubbish written on here for a long time.

Bratt has hi jacked the club from hundreds of small shareholders who also came forward to save the the club.

In fact with Bratts wealth which he keeps secret he should have put 3 times the amount he did put in and when you work out what hes had out its a joke ===

Police resources aint a problem - they sent a 2 man patrol car out the other week to caution kids picking daffs in a park - not to mention the more recent one where several officers turned up to police a cat on a roof rescue.

You need to get out more Tim - theres lots happening out there beyond OVF and waving black and gold scarves whilst chanting outside an empty building after every home game.:razz:

Trust you to get the daffodil story wrong........===

it is still yet to be proved that they didn't post them to themselves just as it is still yet to be proved that they were sent from the Black&Gold element that Mrs Bratt calls low life and morons.

And now what Ann Bratt REALLY said.

"... I feel compelled to have my say with regard to the abuse the current board at Port Vale are experiencing from an element of the Black and Gold "fans"....but what has incensed me more is they have violated my privacy by visiting my home and trespassed on my property to paste their Black and Gold slogan on my door. This behaviour is totally unacceptable and the morons responsible will be brought to account...."

Poor old Ann Bratt gave Burslem Academicals such a hand bagging, he's never quite recovered sense or reason. This is a relatively recent medical condition, well known amongst psychological experts and profilers. It usually affects mouthy working class males who have just had their card marked by an older woman of higher social standing.

Thatcher Syndrome. No known cure.

I've just posted this response to the letter:

Mr Goodwin, you are not a shareholder, you are not a season ticket holder and, by your own admission you do not even attend games. How on earth, therefore, are you in any position at all to comment on the situation at Port Vale?

I find your remark about Mr Bratt turning a bunch of nobodies into a promotion chasing team quite laughable. As a non-supporter, you will not remember that Vale were a promotion chasing team in a higher division when Mr Bratt took over as chairman. As a non-supporter, you will not realise that Mr Bratt was only one of hundreds of supporters who invested their cash to buy the club in 2003. There is no way that Mr Bratt and the other directors could have taken over the club without that fan support. Did you contribute to that, Mr Goodwin? No? Thought not.

The most offensive part of your letter, however, is the use of the expression “moron” to describe the people who have attempted to organise opposition to the current regime at the club. Interestingly, this is a word Mrs Bratt used in a recent letter to the Sentinel and seems to be in common usage amongst the Bratt clique when referring to anyone who opposes the current Board’s tenure. Instead of using offensive remarks of this nature, Mr Goodwin, perhaps you would be better advised to pop along to Vale Park and see for yourself the type of people to whom you apply the soubriquet “moron”. Company Directors, Accountants, Headteachers and serious businessmen in a variety of fields are amongst those you describe in this way.

If I were you, Mr Goodwin, I would be inclined to widen my circle of acquaintances and begin listening to more than one extremely unbalanced side of the argument. You have been taken for a mug in writing this letter, Mr Goodwin. Look at alternative viewpoints in future before jumping in head first and making yourself look like a very ill-informed patsy.

Lets see how long it takes for the bratinel to print that.======

How is the Sentinel justified in printing a letter containing personal abuse towards the people involved in a legitimate and credible movement for change?

The word 'moron' is not one that should be taken lightly by an editor or a sub-editor.

I'm absolutely livid that the Sentinel letters editor has allowed this to be printed. A similar slur towards Bill Bratt or the board of directors would definitely not be allowed to slip through the net, so why should we stand for it?

The Sentinel have given the Black & Gold campaign the sum total of **** all in terms of balanced coverage. Any letter which contains any remotely criticial of the board takes days, even weeks to get considered for publication. A jiffy bag lands on Ann Bratt's doorstep and in less than 48 hours her letter is printed. This is what we're up against.

Once again comments are being misinterrpreted and twisted by individuals to make B&G look like victims.

Nowhere does this guy mention B&G and those who have completed the vile actions of which this guy mentions are more than ****ing morons, even B&G have officially condemed these moronic actions.

Lets stop playing the victims and bring some balance to the argument, the simple fact is that Bratt did save the club for which he needs to be applauded as there certainly wouldn't be a onevalefan forum if he hadn't - what would we have been talking about for the last 8 years???

He now needs to move on and hand it over to a fit and proper person (Mo or someone else) and stop being so pig-headed regarding investment over out-right purchase.

I know its difficult but in life if you take personal feelings out of a situation and look at things objectively generally it is far more sensible.

I carry the same surname but am pleased too say am no relation. Just goes to show that some fans are living on past deeds of the board and have know idea about the here and now and how the true fans are being shafted by his hero bratt.

Same goes for me too. Same name, no relation

Once again comments are being misinterrpreted and twisted by individuals to make B&G look like victims.

Nowhere does this guy mention B&G and those who have completed the vile actions of which this guy mentions are more than ****ing morons, even B&G have officially condemed these moronic actions.

Lets stop playing the victims and bring some balance to the argument, the simple fact is that Bratt did save the club for which he needs to be applauded as there certainly wouldn't be a onevalefan forum if he hadn't - what would we have been talking about for the last 8 years???

He now needs to move on and hand it over to a fit and proper person (Mo or someone else) and stop being so pig-headed regarding investment over out-right purchase.

I know its difficult but in life if you take personal feelings out of a situation and look at things objectively generally it is far more sensible.

For the last time Bratt did not save the club single handed.... he had a lot of help from shareholders

Didn't say he did but ultimately he took on the key role and for that deserves the credit.

Feel free to re-read my post before you comment on it again.

"...the simple fact is that Bratt did save the club..."

Sounds like you are saying he saved the club - no-one else is mentioned.

What key role? He was a front man who invested peanuts in the great scheme of things - money he has got back 4 times over.

He has got plenty of credit - he was a god on here for some years after Venereal2001 took over.

Didn't say he did but ultimately he took on the key role and for that deserves the credit.

Feel free to re-read my post before you comment on it again.

You cant live for ever on things you did in the past, thanks yes, but time to move on with new blood and ideas.

Someone once posted on here that you can't live on past good deeds for ever, saying that if you help an old lady over the road it is no defence if you rape someone 7 years later. I thought that was a good point. Well done Bill for helping the club in the past - now you are killing us!!! Fans are fighting amongst thenselves, some people don't want us to go up, thousands of long standing loyal fans are not coming back til you are gone. For God's sake Bill do what is right for our club and GO NOW!!! please =========

So where it says

The fans are being stirred up by a small minority of morons who surely should be brought to justice by the genuine supporters.

to whow do you think the letter writer is referring?

So where it says

Quote:

The fans are being stirred up by a small minority of morons who surely should be brought to justice by the genuine supporters.

to whow do you think the letter writer is referring?

As Robbie says,

As long as you believe it isnt referring to you on the basis that you aint a small minority moron then theres no problem

I know its not referring to me...

Archived