onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

More 'Moron' Jibes

Memphis

Advert

I'm confused, if what Mr Goodwin says is the case in the interest of fairness should Mr Bratt and the board of directors also be 'applauded' for turning a promotion chasing league one outfit into a side who achieved the clubs worst finish for 25 years and lost to the worst ranked side ever to make the 3rd round of the FA Cup?

The fans are being stirred up by a small minority of morons who surely should be brought to justice by the genuine supporters.

This sentence is actually very true, just perhaps not in the way Bill's mate intended.

Hopefully the EGM will bring the 'justice' for V2001 the majority of us want. Start clearing your desk Bill! ;)

This sentence is actually very true, just perhaps not in the way Bill's mate intended.

Hopefully the EGM will bring the 'justice' for V2001 the majority of us want. Start clearing your desk Bill! ;)

Thanks for that, it is the difference between morons and so called morons.

That letter is scandalous....and ever since the letter from Mrs Bratt which did refer to an element of Black&Gold but then this quickly becomes the Black&Gold element in the letter and is therefore calling the true Black&Gold Port Vale hardcore support "Low Life" and "morons" and now this letter....both should not have been published and as yet there is no proof on who sent the alleged packages and just like the alleged death threats there seems to be no story there and just a play for sympathy and an excuse to attack anyone not supporting the V2001 Board which is just about most every true fan.

After all the only people to gain from the packages storyline is the V2001 Board and just as equally it is yet to be proved that they did not post them to themselves.

900 fans saved the club and Bratt mortgaged one of his houses and put in only 40k and has got 250k back.....Foyle made them 1.5 million and they have run up 3.5 million of debt and have still not finished the stand....so a

once proud Championship club with a ground worth 3.5 million is technically nigh on insolvent with massive year on year losses playing in the fourth division haunted by the prospect of another administration....and to top it all they turn down a record 5 million investment without any reason....and

we're the "morons".

I've just posted this response to the letter:

Mr Goodwin, you are not a shareholder, you are not a season ticket holder and, by your own admission you do not even attend games. How on earth, therefore, are you in any position at all to comment on the situation at Port Vale?

I find your remark about Mr Bratt turning a bunch of nobodies into a promotion chasing team quite laughable. As a non-supporter, you will not remember that Vale were a promotion chasing team in a higher division when Mr Bratt took over as chairman. As a non-supporter, you will not realise that Mr Bratt was only one of hundreds of supporters who invested their cash to buy the club in 2003. There is no way that Mr Bratt and the other directors could have taken over the club without that fan support. Did you contribute to that, Mr Goodwin? No? Thought not.

The most offensive part of your letter, however, is the use of the expression “moron” to describe the people who have attempted to organise opposition to the current regime at the club. Interestingly, this is a word Mrs Bratt used in a recent letter to the Sentinel and seems to be in common usage amongst the Bratt clique when referring to anyone who opposes the current Board’s tenure. Instead of using offensive remarks of this nature, Mr Goodwin, perhaps you would be better advised to pop along to Vale Park and see for yourself the type of people to whom you apply the soubriquet “moron”. Company Directors, Accountants, Headteachers and serious businessmen in a variety of fields are amongst those you describe in this way.

If I were you, Mr Goodwin, I would be inclined to widen my circle of acquaintances and begin listening to more than one extremely unbalanced side of the argument. You have been taken for a mug in writing this letter, Mr Goodwin. Look at alternative viewpoints in future before jumping in head first and making yourself look like a very ill-informed patsy.

He! He! Rob likes that! ;)

I've just posted this response to the letter:

Mr Goodwin, you are not a shareholder, you are not a season ticket holder and, by your own admission you do not even attend games. How on earth, therefore, are you in any position at all to comment on the situation at Port Vale?

I find your remark about Mr Bratt turning a bunch of nobodies into a promotion chasing team quite laughable. As a non-supporter, you will not remember that Vale were a promotion chasing team in a higher division when Mr Bratt took over as chairman. As a non-supporter, you will not realise that Mr Bratt was only one of hundreds of supporters who invested their cash to buy the club in 2003. There is no way that Mr Bratt and the other directors could have taken over the club without that fan support. Did you contribute to that, Mr Goodwin? No? Thought not.

The most offensive part of your letter, however, is the use of the expression “moron” to describe the people who have attempted to organise opposition to the current regime at the club. Interestingly, this is a word Mrs Bratt used in a recent letter to the Sentinel and seems to be in common usage amongst the Bratt clique when referring to anyone who opposes the current Board’s tenure. Instead of using offensive remarks of this nature, Mr Goodwin, perhaps you would be better advised to pop along to Vale Park and see for yourself the type of people to whom you apply the soubriquet “moron”. Company Directors, Accountants, Headteachers and serious businessmen in a variety of fields are amongst those you describe in this way.

If I were you, Mr Goodwin, I would be inclined to widen my circle of acquaintances and begin listening to more than one extremely unbalanced side of the argument. You have been taken for a mug in writing this letter, Mr Goodwin. Look at alternative viewpoints in future before jumping in head first and making yourself look like a very ill-informed patsy.

Well said Jean.

Having read this Stokienal letter it appears to me that this bloke Goodwin is having a go primarily at the "moron or morons" who sent the suspect packages to V2001 - I would have hoped by now that the cops have managed to trace whoever sent that stuff so we can see arrests and name(s) appearing in the Stokienal under the headline "Morons arrested" .

With all the country covered in CCTV especially Post Offices and modern forensics as seen everytime you put the news on - catching some Richard Head who posted these things should be a doddle.

Having read this Stokienal letter it appears to me that this bloke Goodwin is having a go primarily at the "moron or morons" who sent the suspect packages to V2001 - I would have hoped by now that the cops have managed to trace whoever sent that stuff so we can see arrests and name(s) appearing in the Stokienal under the headline "Morons arrested" .

With all the country covered in CCTV especially Post Offices and modern forensics as seen everytime you put the news on - catching some Richard Head who posted these things should be a doddle.

Yes I am sure the police are providing resources to scour every single cctv footage of post boxes that could have post going through the London and Warrington sorting office. Shouldn't be long now!

Yes I am sure the police are providing resources to scour every single cctv footage of post boxes that could have post going through the London and Warrington sorting office. Shouldn't be long now!

Police resources aint a problem - they sent a 2 man patrol car out the other week to caution kids picking daffs in a park - not to mention the more recent one where several officers turned up to police a cat on a roof rescue.

You need to get out more Tim - theres lots happening out there beyond OVF and waving black and gold scarves whilst chanting outside an empty building after every home game.:razz:

That is assuming that this has been reported to the Police or, indeed, this has actually happened.

Really though the post times and post box used for the packages is within the system just as a very short window of CCTV footage to observe the individual posting A4 jiffy bags would have got the culprit....it is almost as with the alleged death threats recieved on a mobile phone that the police like the majority of Vale fans do not take Bratt seriously......it could almost be speculated that the club pay the police a lot of money and overtime and are in a sense they on the payroll such that a vague statement with numbers covered up from the police is all part of the service perhaps.....it is still yet to be proved that they didn't post them to themselves just as it is still yet to be proved that they were sent from the Black&Gold element that Mrs Bratt calls low life and morons.

Archived