onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I think we probably sell one of Garrity or Chislett - I would guess Chislett, as he’s better technically, is a bit younger, and perhaps will want to move back South where’s he’s spent most of his career. Charlton wouldn’t surprise me, considering his performances against them. I honestly think we’ll hold onto Garrity. 

Next season could look like:

Ripley

Clark New Smith New

Ojo New

Plant New Shorrock

New

Crikey that team be relegated again too weak .

Who's this New see he can play 5 positions

Let's have a new team get rid of serial.losers .

We can accept one defeat in 7 /8 in league 2  but not every game .

Smith won't be on a lot thats why he keeps signing cause no one else will have him .

Pay at least him off I've seen enough ,I've heard enough and I don't want see any more of him .

As they say in apprentice your fired .

Let's hope thst transfer list is huge hopefully they all agree they haven't delivered say I'll find another club and <ovf censored> off 

• Confused 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Smith won't be on a lot thats why he keeps signing cause no one else will have him .

Pay at least him off I've seen enough ,I've heard enough and I don't want see any more of him .

Let's hope thst transfer list is huge hopefully they all agree they haven't delivered say I'll find another club and <ovf censored> off 

Christ on a bike man we can't sack them for being relegated even if we wanted to. 

And how much is it going to cost to pay them ALL off?? 

Some we can, not all of them. 

The best thing is that we can get their agents to find them another club.

Your vendetta against Nathan Smith is a bit pathetic at this stage too. He is the least of our problems. You don't seem to have this same level of vitriol against James Wilson, who has arguably contributed less, nor Mitch Clark or Dan Jones, who have probably taken more money off the payroll combined than Nathan Smith and care less about the club than he does.

It seems personal for you and is petty at best and vindictive at worst.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Granville said:

Christ on a bike man we can't sack them for being relegated even if we wanted to. 

Your vendetta against Nathan Smith is a bit pathetic at this stage too. He is the least of our problems. You don't seem to have this same level of vitriol against James Wilson, who has arguably contributed less, nor Mitch Clark or Dan Jones, who have probably taken more money off the payroll combined than Nathan Smith and care less about the club than he does.

Nothing personal about it do not rate him at all.

When Port Vale win most games I'll rave about the players .

When Port Vale lose and there captain doesn't lead ill call him out if that's OK with you dear fella. 

I know you love him  maybe he is family but Vales my family not a one of them players have earnt respect this season .

Only Stoke fans will enjoy the contributions these players have made this season .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dan de lyon said:

Well heartfelt commiserations to you guys, you put up a good show yesterday, fortuitous at times maybe but you had your moments too. One thing I will say is a big call out to your fans who were as noisy and supportive as any we’ve had at the ToughSheet this season. It wasn’t to be but look forward not back and think of those celebrations next year when you’re back up again, which I’m sure you will be. Good luck next season. 👏😉

I think a good show is stretching it. Only your profligacy in front of goal stopped a cricket score. 

But cheers for the good wishes 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Granville said:

To pay off the remaining year contracts of the 8-10 players that people want to see gone on here, assuming they’re earning around 100k a year (2k a week) you’re talking probably 500k up front to ‘sack them’. That’s on the basis that they’re only paid up about 50% of their contract. We simply can’t afford it.

It’s fantasy land. Paying three of them off would cost 150k - probably a good striker’s wages.

We also can’t label them ‘the worst squad ever’ and expect other clubs to take the contracts on. We’ll have to pay a substantial % of their salary to convince, say, Tranmere to take Conor Grant’s contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan de lyon said:

Well heartfelt commiserations to you guys, you put up a good show yesterday, fortuitous at times maybe but you had your moments too. One thing I will say is a big call out to your fans who were as noisy and supportive as any we’ve had at the ToughSheet this season. It wasn’t to be but look forward not back and think of those celebrations next year when you’re back up again, which I’m sure you will be. Good luck next season. 👏😉

Bolton a good club Evatts a winner .

You never know Carlisle who are no mugs could get you up .

Our fans will always be our biggest plus 

We always have to endure <ovf censored> it comes with supporting a team who cannot afford good enough players to progress, but worst still have players who generally are just run of the mill dour players bar Chislett and Garrity who have a bit of something but if surround by 8 traffic cones trying kick a ball can see why we constantly lose and think there's nothing g I can do with this lot of defeated before kick a ball bottlers .

All the best to Bolton and Derby both deserve go up one way or another .

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

Nothing personal about it do not rate him at all.

When Port Vale win most games I'll rave about the players .

When Port Vale lose and there captain doesn't lead ill call him out if that's OK with you dear fella. 

I know you love him  maybe he is family but Vales my family not a one of them players have earnt respect this season .

Only Stoke fans will enjoy the contributions these players have made this season .

Garrity, Chislet & dipepa certainly have 

7 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

I thought you posted your apparent "LAST POST" earlier , FELLA(As you say!!) See you next season ,as you say!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Bolton a good club Evatts a winner .

You never know Carlisle who are no mugs could get you up .

Our fans will always be our biggest plus 

We always have to endure <ovf censored> it comes with supporting a team who cannot afford good enough players to progress, but worst still have players who generally are just run of the mill dour players bar Chislett and Garrity who have a bit of something but if surround by 8 traffic cones trying kick a ball can see why we constantly lose and think there's nothing g I can do with this lot of defeated before kick a ball bottlers .

All the best to Bolton and Derby both deserve go up one way or another .

Cheers Dipepa, I think we’ve all endured what you describe about our teams. Unless you’re a Man Utd or an Arsenal fan it comes with the territory but despite that I’d rather be a Wanderers fan than any of the so called “Big” clubs. It’s always surprised me why Vale have not reached a higher level because I personally class you as bigger than L1 or L2. Certainly your fans and even your potential fan base could sustain a much higher level so it must be a disappointment that you’ve rarely reached that potential. Like ourselves and equivalent clubs it’s largely down to the owners and how much they’re prepared to invest. After a crook nearly did for us we’ve now got owners who are looking to take us back up to where we realistically should be so I’m hopeful that we can make it this year.

Genuinely sorry and surprised at your relegation but hoping that you’ll make up for it next year and bounce back. Moore seems to have come in for some criticism which is understandable but I believe he’s a very good manager and if you stick with him he’ll do well for you once he has his own players. You have to give managers time and if you look at us when Evatt first came in we were 23rd in L2 by January and many were calling for his head but after the first window he brought in his own players and we were promoted. Good luck next year anyway.

Edited by Dan de lyon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 21/04/2024 at 16:57, Granville said:

We haven't won a game since James Wilson played against Burton away and Bristol Rovers at home. Coincidence?

27 minutes ago, oldvalefan said:

We haven't won a game since James Wilson played against Burton away and Bristol Rovers at home. Coincidence?

Yes. He was crap in both of those games. In fact, he only played 30 mins against Rovers.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2024 at 18:46, JoeB2 said:

To pay off the remaining year contracts of the 8-10 players that people want to see gone on here, assuming they’re earning around 100k a year (2k a week) you’re talking probably 500k up front to ‘sack them’. That’s on the basis that they’re only paid up about 50% of their contract. We simply can’t afford it.

It’s fantasy land. Paying three of them off would cost 150k - probably a good striker’s wages.

We also can’t label them ‘the worst squad ever’ and expect other clubs to take the contracts on. We’ll have to pay a substantial % of their salary to convince, say, Tranmere to take Conor Grant’s contract.

So what you're saying is paying off 10 losers is the equivalent to hosting half a Robbie gig? Seems like value to me.