onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

11 hours ago, Valiiant said:

I don't get this notion you often see here, the "even Guardiola or Klopp wouldn't make a difference, blah blah". While I don't think any manager could really make a significant difference, I agree with that, I certainly think another manager could have got us X amount more points during this time. We've just lost two extremely winnable home games against average, mid-table teams not playing for anything other than a bit of pride for crying out loud.

However you look at it, Moore has been a disaster so far. He should be chomping at the bit to get us going in League Two next season as the last year or two of his career has been an absolute shambles and his reputation on the verge of being in tatters.

This question could be flipped. Would we have done worse if we hadn’t have employed a new manager and stayed with the academy team. I don’t think we would be worse off at all. 

• Like 3

Advert

27 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Aspin,Askey, Clarke and Moore were all employed to get us out of the mire. Only Moore failed.. 

Aspin and Askey didn't exactly pull up any trees  🌲 did they , Moore's inherited an absolute ckusterf### of a squad , tbh .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It could be argued good players are created by good managers??

22 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

It could be argued good players are created by good managers??

Al lot of that will come down to the players strong mentality which our sqaud is sadly lacking 

39 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Relegation was nailed on after 1st February. The squad of players at his disposal are the problem. I'd give him until January.

I'd agree with that. I think he needs a window to a) see what he brings in and b) how he performs with players he wants. 

Yes, results have been underwhelming so far but just look at the squad he's been given. Would anyone be able to do much with three senior strikers who don't score (two of which have been injured as well) and a rookie teenager upfront? 

If it isn't working then I would hope any change is made before January, allowing time to get a new bloke in with some of the January window remaining.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:
1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Aspin and Askey didn't exactly pull up any trees  🌲 did they , Moore's inherited an absolute ckusterf### of a squad , tbh .

which bit was the one where I said they did. They were given a job to save us from relegation and they did. Askey would have got us in the play off at least if it wasn’t for Covid

1 hour ago, robf said:

I'd agree with that. I think he needs a window to a) see what he brings in and b) how he performs with players he wants. 

Yes, results have been underwhelming so far but just look at the squad he's been given. Would anyone be able to do much with three senior strikers who don't score (two of which have been injured as well) and a rookie teenager upfront? 

If it isn't working then I would hope any change is made before January, allowing time to get a new bloke in with some of the January window remaining.

We still should have had enough to win our home games against bang average teams not really playing for anything though. The collapse against Exeter was completely unacceptable. We should have got 4 points minimum from the last two games and we ended up with zilch. Nothing. Nada. That's on Darren Moore.

So far, he's been absolutely diabolical with an admittedly diabolical League One squad, which is down to Carol and her decisions over the season.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

We still should have had enough to win our home games against bang average teams not really playing for anything though. The collapse against Exeter was completely unacceptable. We should have got 4 points minimum from the last two games and we ended up with zilch. Nothing. Nada. That's on Darren Moore.

Yes, it is in part but it's not just down to him. It's also, in my view, down to a) having to take off a half-fit Uche Ikpeazu against Exeter because otherwise the guy could well have picked up another injury b) not having not alternative strikers due to him having someone else's rubbish squad. So, yes, while Moore was in charge and perhaps responsibility lies there - what was he supposed to do when Ikpeazu runs out of steam? Also why isn't some of the blame laid at the feet of the players who bottled it and were on the pitch, unlike the manager who can't directly affect their in-game decisions?

I'm not saying Moore doesn't take SOME responsibility but I don't think it is solely his fault either.

• Like 6

I think the consensus is that he was dealt a poor hand but also that he has repeatedly failed to make the best of it.

I wonder how the recruitment will work now, as that's obviously key, irrespective of whether Moore or anyone else is in charge of the matches next season.