onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

Advert

2 hours ago, bomber said:

There must be lots of injured players we can sign to keep our medical team in gainful employment. 

And when we sign players who aren’t injured our medical team convince them that they are. A cynic might say some of our injuries are used to cover up tactical failings and disciplinary issues.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

By the standards of league 1 strikers he is not on a lot. Certainly not a top earner by divisional standards. He was unemployed without a club, so was hardly a man in demand. 

If what was posted here was close to true, then he was on a good wage. Otherwise our budget is below every other team in the league by far, and we know that’s not true. And if we had out his and lofts money together, we could have afforded a top league 1 striker easily. 

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
12 hours ago, Wandering Seagull said:
No, he probably won't. But the question was, why did you sign him? The reason was, he had an excellent season playing in this league last season.
................and that is a straight and accurate answer to a specific question. I don't know what makes it different playing for Morecambe and playing for Port Vale - that is for you to discuss and analyse. His time at Port Vale has certainly been a disappointment - whatever the reasons..

He's not good enough mate. He may have had a purple patch last season but I've seen enough of him to think that he'll be lucky to have a career in non league.

It wasn't just a purple patch though - there was also the 'purple patch' the season before, playing very well on loan in League 1 for Cambridge. At Blackpool he just wasn't getting the game time, which is why we pulled the plug on his loan.

On paper - and on previous performances - it should have been a good loan move. Clearly it hasn't been, and that is a disappointment.

• Like 3

It wasn't just a purple patch though - there was also the 'purple patch' the season before, playing very well on loan in League 1 for Cambridge. At Blackpool he just wasn't getting the game time, which is why we pulled the plug on his loan.
On paper - and on previous performances - it should have been a good loan move. Clearly it hasn't been, and that is a disappointment.
Just the Vale effect Seagull, nothing more, nothing less. He will leave us and go somewhere for next season and absolutely smash it again
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

I would have had Matty Taylor over Uche, 5 goals in 10 games important goals as well

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

1 in 4 striker with us, yeah he missed a few sitters but that’s a lot more of a goals return ratio to any of the strikers we’ve got. Scored goals at everywhere he’s been in his career. 

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Both scored double figures in a relegation team. They can both hold their heads up high & more than capable at this level. Dipepa a shining bright this season too. 

The owners should look at moving heaven and earth to keep chis and gaz then we could go into next season with renewed belief but like I said before the owners got us in this mess and the only way they can redeem themselves is by binning off all the deadwood and then just maybe it will help galvanise us for next season 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The owners should look at moving heaven and earth to keep chis and gaz then we could go into next season with renewed belief but like I said before the owners got us in this mess and the only way they can redeem themselves is by binning off all the deadwood and then just maybe it will help galvanise us for next season 

I agree, unfortunately if teams come knocking though they’ll be off & who can blame them. Them pair won’t wanna be playing in league 2 next season & off both their stats this season it would be understandable. I’ll be absolutely gutted if or when Ben leaves. Goes down as a club legend for me in such a short time at the club. When players work their bollox off & care for this club it warms to the fan base. Pope, Worrall & Gibbo to name a few in recent times 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wandering Seagull said:

Technically he’s not that bad, his main issues are he’s too slow and weak as piss. And his decision making is also poor

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Technically he’s not that bad, his main issues are he’s too slow and weak as piss. And his decision making is also poor

Agree with you there, I’ve seen a few glimpses to suggest there could be a good player in the future. Got a lot of learning to do though, sometimes spells at certain clubs don’t work out for whatever reason. He’s never had a run of games either. Just comes on around the 60-70 mins mark when we’ve already lost the game in most of his appearances. It’s been a poor signing on the whole but I wish him all the best in whatever his next chapter holds 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

It's being coming since Jan 2023 

I've sat there through 3 transfer windows thinking go on bring someone in ,bring that fella in who can win us games .

To do nothing well the fans were saying it its gross negligence 

Signings giving players like Ojo big contracts. 

Players not tackling .

Players not reacting to losing situations 

Players not playing as a team mainly as individuals. 

Players like Balmer being hammered, overall is he any worse than our long term defenders we certainly didn't improve when he left that's for sure as relegation confirms it 

Least with Ollie and Alfie we tried play the game the right way ,how we can change from a excellent footballing performance v the likes of Wigan ,to the rubbish long ball Moore is a special kind of <ovf censored>, I know fans don't like us passing it round back , but it beats playing long ball to opposition centre half's, or worst still  Ripley hoof out of play his distribution lately has being a 2 out of 10 lately and don't try convince me otherwise .

I think the fans getting on players back because generally as a whole we are impatient in wanting Vale get it in the net of opposition but there were good passages of play at times , under Moore it's all up and at them with players who cannot play that type of game and if they can then why we do create diddly squat from long ball .

Is Chizzy going win it in the air no he isn't everything good about Vale this season and there isn't a lot (crumbs)has being when we have tried to pass it on the deck .

Moores football should be OK in league 2 but he will need different personnel as if you think not tackling in league 1 will result in relegation ,wait see what happens if don't tackle in league 2 be hammered most weeks you cannot just run by side  of players you have to tackle 

Too many nicey nicey players and that's what's brought about our demise .

You think though in 1 particular players head is best mate has being told he as no future at club (business partner)then in his prime of his career he as a shocker of a season .

Would I play him knowing his m8 had being taken out of team no I wouldn't not any game .

But we all see games differently. 

I've no idea who is still in  contract but I'd be releasing bar a few who have put a smile on me miserable Vale face the lot .

1 you dont make Stoke fans happy .

2 you don't make Vale fans miserable 

3 you do not  kill people's long term love and support of you .

Our players have contrived to do all them things

The shambles of 23/24.

Yes Flitcroft brought them in so he can be blamed also however he doesn't kick the ball and he as gone now .

It's all on the players (not all).

Edited by Dipepa delight