onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

The only positive memory I have of today, is at least Uche was up for the fight. He battled for everything and tried to get the crowd going. He is the only one who showed a character of a winner. He should be made captain, showed real leadership. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Advert

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I'm of a train of thought that maybe we need to go back down. It feels we're completely under equipped for this division.

The squad (and coaching) turnover doesn't help, but at this level (L1 / L2) the turnovers of players can be quite high anyway. I think we are in for some turbulent years whether things are going good or bad on the playing side. We already don't have a big budget to nail players down for long enough, and we do seem to write certain players off very quickly as well.

5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

We're too nice and accommodating. Any team that's done well this season has a couple of horribles who are constantly in the refs ear.

Given our recruiting of phenomenal people who fit into our esteemed values™, I can't see us getting in some outspoken players who give opposition and officials and earful.

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I'm of a train of thought that maybe we need to go back down. It feels we're completely under equipped for this division. We've had a succession of bang average teams come here, and as soon as they put any pressure on us, we crumble.

The lack of time wasting, disrupting their flow, giving away cheap fouls, was really evident second half. We're too nice and accommodating. Any team that's done well this season has a couple of horribles who are constantly in the refs ear.

Wednesday night showed us how far we are away. We need to get relegated, rip it up entirely and start again.

What a complete waste all that winning on penalties against Swindon was. Mansfield will be replacing us next year and will be better prepared. Funny how things come full circle isn't it?

It will be financially bad for the club with smaller gates but I see your point. We have a good enough manager. We need a new dof to sort out the club with Darren more having a good amount of control of recruitment. The academy is coming along well and other stuf of the pitch. Most importantly we need some new players in. I think the players we have are good enough for league 2 but if we want to get back up and find success in league 1 we need a very strong squad providing a good foundation to build on for league 1. The reason we failed in league 1 was because we didn't build on the mediocre league 2 squad we had. 

• Confused 2

Carol please write another open saying the management and players have accepted our relegation is imminent and buy doing this we can start planning for next season taking into account the errors we have made this.
That way I won't be killed by possibilities and you will then put us loyal supporters out of our misery. Most importantly sod the money and bring back Darren Clarke.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Confused 2

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

It will be financially bad for the club with smaller gates but I see your point. We have a good enough manager. We need a new dof to sort out the club with Darren more having a good amount of control of recruitment. The academy is coming along well and other things off the pitch. Most importantly we need some new players in. I think the players we have are good enough for league 2 but if we want to get back up and find success in league 1 we need a very strong squad providing a good foundation to build on for league 1. The reason we failed in league 1 was because we didn't build on the mediocre league 2 squad we had. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

The only positive memory I have of today, is at least Uche was up for the fight. He battled for everything and tried to get the crowd going. He is the only one who showed a character of a winner. He should be made captain, showed real leadership. 

My lady and me in agreement 

A winner he was great 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I'm of a train of thought that maybe we need to go back down. It feels we're completely under equipped for this division. We've had a succession of bang average teams come here, and as soon as they put any pressure on us, we crumble.

The lack of time wasting, disrupting their flow, giving away cheap fouls, was really evident second half. We're too nice and accommodating. Any team that's done well this season has a couple of horribles who are constantly in the refs ear.

Wednesday night showed us how far we are away. We need to get relegated, rip it up entirely and start again.

What a complete waste all that winning on penalties against Swindon was. Mansfield will be replacing us next year and will be better prepared. Funny how things come full circle isn't it?

I’m not having that.

The we’re not ready to go up yet narrative. And the it’s best we go down to come back up when we are equipped narrative, just doesn’t wash.

In our lifetimes we will most definitely see more bad times at Port Vale than good times. So staying up is always crucial and getting promoted from any league is an absolute joy.

With this shower on the pitch though, if we go down we will be in a relegation battle again next year unless something drastic happens.

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 7

Just now, southport vale said:

Carol please write another open saying the management and players have accepted our relegation is imminent and buy doing this we can start planning for next season taking into account the errors we have made this.
That way I won't be killed by possibilities and you will then put us loyal supporters out of our misery. Most importantly sod the money and bring back Darren Clarke.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Don't be ridiculous 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile Deklan Wynne is picking up his first week’s wages. Another example of us using resources well. We won’t see him in the squad this season, let alone in the starting 11. Whatever he is getting, it will be free money to him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Do we need one in league 2 though? We’re a relatively big sized club in league 2 and don’t / won’t have the same issues attracting players as in this division

I think so. We need a dof who can sort the club out of the pitch. Most importantly he needs to build a team that can be a foundation for league 1 with Darren more when we come back up. All the good in this squad will be gone next year so we need someone who can find good replacements for the good and bad players.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Thats no good if you can only do it for 45 minutes.

The club has relegated its self by letting Flitcroft loose with the family silver, whom in turn went after gold,found dog poo and spent the families fortune .

We are in mess and unless someone takes charge of the recruitment we will be in the national league in 25/26, playing Tamworth. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Meanwhile Deklan Wynne is picking up his first week’s wages. Another example of us using resources well. We won’t see him in the squad this season, let alone in the starting 11. Whatever he is getting, it will be free money to him. 

I think we signed him because it's the last time you will read Port Vale and Wynne in the same sentence this season.

Stanley Stalemate,Gary Goalless and David Draw have also been signed 

• Haha 7