Vtid

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

For once I agree with you Patrick 

The players are total bottle jobs 

Apart from the odd few 

That second half was

an absolute shyte show  

No fight and passion= No Hope 

Down to poor strickers and poor defence. We would do OK if these areas were improved.

• Confused 1

Advert

5 minutes ago, kevin_struggles said:

Some of that is true but I don't think I have ever started a season knowing we were in trouble before a ball was kicked and Ive been supporting them since 1973. I was moaning from the moment ac released the retained list which he got badly wrong and it went downhill from there. It has been a long and difficult season with very few bright spots 10 wins out of 43 games and a minus 30 goal difference is hard to spin as anything but an abysmal season. Its been a slog for all of us so its not surprising that people are struggling to be positive.

I don't think that I had that exact foresight KS - I started the season thinking it would be interesting, because of the players we had signed and the way the manager wanted us to play.  I didn't think it would be a car crash from day one, and I've been supporting them since the late sixties - I've seen much worse teams from day one.  I think I assumed we would hang on to our loanees all season, and when that didn't happen, the alarm bells started ringing, especially after we signed no strikers in January.  

It has indeed been a long and difficult season, and I completely get why people are struggling to be positive - I am too, but I hang on to hope.  And I know it's the hope that kills you, and I know survival is unlikely now.  It's just in my DNA as a Vale fan to stay positive in the hope that things will improve.  I'm assuming we will learn from our lessons and not make the same mistakes again - though getting 2 talented Premiership loanees seems less likely if we are a League 2 outfit. I would sooner we bought our own players and were less vulnerable to loanees being recalled from now on, and actually strengthen in the January windows.  Still can't get over the fact we had a whole month to get some firepower int the team and didn't.  I would hope Darren Moore will be proactive in getting in better players - if he is still around next January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old fort said:

And yet roll back a few weeks to the number on this very forum, creaming over his appointment. Listen to it now. Why did they think that another 3 wins in 23 games manager would be just what we needed. So the cycle of Port Vale continues be the definition of mugging off and ineptitude. 

OF, I think we were all desperate for a change and with DM’s experience thought that he might be our only chance to avoid the drop. That doesn’t mean ppl were happy with the other one still being in place, or a 5.5 yr contract.

PVFC must be on the soft touch scammers list with those in the footballing world. I’m not a fan of the individual but I think it’s time we gave that lump of lard Evan’s a call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Agree with you that DM can't do anything with these bottlers.  Not even God could do anything with this lot.  They need to look at the horror video and understand where it went wrong.  However, some of his subs have been dubious over the past few games - but is that down to only have dross on the bench.

Sat back to far.  Didn't track runners.  Didn't tackle.  Defence and midfield just let the opposition walk through them.  DM can only tell them what he wants them to do - then the players cross the line and seem to forget everything. 

Patrick, you need to speak to mum and say - Mum forget championship ready we are going out of the league with these players next season.  Not a chance we can bounce back into Div 1 like you think we will.  Not even mummy is rich enough to do that.

I think anything could happen. Bounce back with a good window or even go down.

2 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

I don't think that I had that exact foresight KS - I started the season thinking it would be interesting, because of the players we had signed and the way the manager wanted us to play.  I didn't think it would be a car crash from day one, and I've been supporting them since the late sixties - I've seen much worse teams from day one.  I think I assumed we would hang on to our loanees all season, and when that didn't happen, the alarm bells started ringing, especially after we signed no strikers in January.  

It has indeed been a long and difficult season, and I completely get why people are struggling to be positive - I am too, but I hang on to hope.  And I know it's the hope that kills you, and I know survival is unlikely now.  It's just in my DNA as a Vale fan to stay positive in the hope that things will improve.  I'm assuming we will learn from our lessons and not make the same mistakes again - though getting 2 talented Premiership loanees seems less likely if we are a League 2 outfit. I would sooner we bought our own players and were less vulnerable to loanees being recalled from now on, and actually strengthen in the January windows.  Still can't get over the fact we had a whole month to get some firepower int the team and didn't.  I would hope Darren Moore will be proactive in getting in better players - if he is still around next January.

LL, we’ll have to see if he gets money to bring in players. I think they’ll be financed by selling of Garrity, Dipepa and any other young talent.

Also just seen the posh got hammered today. Hope that wakes the happy clappers up who were saying we did ok mid week against them. If we’d actually tried to win the game maybe we’d have nicked something, rather than playing like we’d swallowed the Aspin playbook. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Well if its that simple why didn't u go for the job of manager?

Ah this good old argument 😂 

Mate, firstly if you are paddy your an embarrassment. Secondly it’s not hard to see that the sub Darren made was wrong. Weir is rubbish, offers nothing and hides from tackles. If Uche comes off a striker has to come on. They changed their tactics at half time. Darren like everyone in the ground can see this, yet didn’t change it. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Vtid said:

You start by replacing Uche with like to like so loft not weir. Why on earth was he even playing weir up front he’s a midfielder & a poor one too. When they made their subs & started to boss the game we all knew a goal was coming. That is where a good manager earns his coin & reacts to it. So yes that is down tactics & in game management it’s not the first time he’s done it this is becoming a regular occurrence. Take nothing away from the players tho they lost their fight & as you said needed to show more character but they simply don’t have it in them 

Cheltenham and Fleetwood are 2 other examples of poor game management 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Also just seen the posh got hammered today. Hope that wakes the happy clappers up who were saying we did ok mid week against them. If we’d actually tried to win the game maybe we’d have nicked something, rather than playing like we’d swallowed the Aspin playbook. 

Ah apparently we shouldn’t even bother trying in games like that. 

Stevenage 1-2 Burton

Plymouth 1-0 Leicester

Leeds 0-1 Blackburn 

Birmingham 3-0 Coventry

Oxford 5-0 Peterborough 

Glad those sides struggling (Oxford aside obviously) didn’t have our mentality 

• Like 6

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

LL, we’ll have to see if he gets money to bring in players. I think they’ll be financed by selling of Garrity, Dipepa and any other young talent.

Yes, I think that is key.  If our unwillingness to spend money cost us in January, it comes home to roost on lost revenue next season.  I'll be sorry to see those players go, but a goalscoring midfielder and a young England player will be ripe for picking off in summer by other clubs.  We need to capitalise on their worth and build a squad that is better balanced, has goal scoring potential, and is defensively cohesive. It won't come cheap, but maybe we change our pay structure and invest in better paid players, who get us into league 1 where crowd revenue will pay their wages? I mean, if not now, when?  Six more seasons in League 2 will be dire.  We need to bounce back quickly, and I think we can if we learn from this experience. 

• Like 3