onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

Advert

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The manager isn't a magician 

At the end of the day these players should hang there heads in shame how many times have they sat back and hoped for the best and got punished  the players mindset is weak as P### they're an embarrassment to the badge 

The players wont give a damn.  They are being paid so they are happy.  Next season they have a contact, so there is no need to battle for contacts or show new clubs, this is me and I am brilliant.

Moore has a <ovf censored> team to work with , Garrity and Chislett aside, but a good manager, k owing what’s at stake , would have tore into them at half time , telling them to go for the jugular in the 2nd half. Instead of being 10 yards inside our own half, we should have been 20 yards inside theirs.  This season has been awful though. Flitcroft, Carol with her naughty boys letter, way too many staff , and a team that doesn’t give a <ovf censored>. The town of Burslem deserves so much more than that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

One of the worst aspects is you knew within a couple of minutes of the second half starting how the pendulum was swinging and we did nothing to counter it. The moment they got one back you just knew the capitulation was coming. Pretty numb to it though at this point.

All day long. Everybody knew that was inevitable, the moment the whistle blew, for that start of the second half. 

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Can someone please explain why he didn't bring Loft on. The man who has put a shift on every game and caused problems for defenders. 

When you're trying to win a game why would you take a forward off and put a midfielder on?

They were clearly getting down both wings so take Sang and Grant off and put Plant and Shorrock on to st least keep up with them.

BTW their number 20 should have been sent off for that horror tackle on Chizzy.

Finally to the idiot who posted about Chizzy doing nothing,no one else in the club would have volleyed that ball for the first goal. If it wasn't for the roof,Uche's shot would have killed half a dozen swans in Boslem Park 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The manager isn't a magician 

At the end of the day these players should hang there heads in shame how many times have they sat back and hoped for the best and got punished  the players mindset is weak as P### they're an embarrassment to the badge 

Whilst I don’t disagree, they changed their shape and bossed the 2nd half from the off. Moore didn’t react until it was too late, same as fleetwood and Stevenage 

• Like 2

Just now, Packmoor_vale said:

Let’s be honest the manager is <ovf censored> 

Another big mistake by carol or flitcroft 

Well, if we do go down, I think he should be given the chance to do his own thing with his own players for half a season to see what he is like without the baggage he inherited.  If that turns out not to be good enough, then we go again with a different manager. I can't work him out.  He had tightened the defence up until the last two games.  The Posh game was supine - but 4 goals in the second half today leaves me genuinely in shock.  What the hell was going on in their heads?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Understandable sentiment after today's shambles but wrongly directed.

Darren Moore has been in charge of the team for exactly 2 months today.

He entirely inherited the squad of players he has had to manage and he has had no opportunity to change those personnel.

Darren and his coaching staff's organisation of the team set-ups has noticeably improved a number of the performances - as in the first half today.

And then the weakness in mentality which runs through much of this squad makes them crumble in the face of pressure and entirely lose their way - as in the second half today.

There is no manager in the world who can succeed if his players completely let him and themselves down, as they did today.

Whatever happens this season, including if it is the worst, Darren and his staff get a clean slate from me for next season.

I want to see what they can achieve with largely their own choice of players and that is the basis on which I will then judge their efforts.

Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh? 

• Like 1