onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

Advert

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

A good manager. In fact anyone with any ounce of sense wouldn’t send the players out 2nd half 10 yards deeper with no pressure on the ball. And to then make one of the worst substitutions possible. He’s useless. His record suggests he is one of the worst managers we have had. Get rid. Negative turgid rubbish when we play someone in the top half and negative rubbish when we actually get a lead. 

I wasn't there but surely we go for 3-0. 

Anytime I've been there you can see what happens when we sit off deeper and deeper. 

Why can't Moore ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Doha said:

We need an all new everything.

I'd keep Chislett, Garrity, Dipepa and maybe Plant if they stop forcing him in at WB. The rest need <ovf censored> off.

I don't disagree. I think Ripley will be a better goalie if he had a decent defence in front of him too.  But there are so many players who are just not up to the challenge. But I think we need to start with the defence - it is woeful - and that includes Nathan I'm afraid.  People saying he's back to his best, but I've said earlier, his best saw him relegated last time we were in league 1, and spending a lot of time flirting with relegation when in league 2.  Jones - no.  Iacovetti - no. Debrah - probably not. We need bigger, powerful players who do not concede from corners because they mark their man and launch it thirty yards clear of the penalty box every time the ball is played in. We are so suspect on set pieces it is laughable. 

I know we have all felt that lack of strikers has been the big weakness, but if we do go down, I think Moore has to start again with our defence. Our goals against is a joke against teams with an ounce of quality. 

Edited by Lornelounger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Lost probably 5000 away fans today with Stockport and Wrexham coming up. Wednesday look like going down now too.

Harrogate Accrington Salford Crawley etc. Oh dear oh dear. We'll lose over a million quid with relegation. 

Hope we are happy to lose a few more by paying off Darren Moore, as I think is looking increasingly likely.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

4 2nd half goals against a side with a minus 15 goal difference 😂😂😂😂 they’re mid table and on the beach. I detest this side. The club is a <ovf censored> joke yet some keep praising super Carol. Well I gave them another chance following Clitcroft going but no more now. If I was Garrity I’d be onto my agent getting a move ASAP

He won’t need to get onto his agent. There’ll be plenty of offers for him from L1 sides. Ripley too. The rest we are stuck with. Dipepa will be gone in the summer, Plant is being held back by playing in an awful side, and Shorrock is likely to follow BD into an EPL U-23 set-up. Leaving us with Loft, Lowe, Iacovitti, Jones et al. FFS!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Lose Tuesday and it is curtains

It’s already CURTAINS this shower won’t get another Point.

A Manager who is so totally out of his Depth, it’s unbelievable.

Other Managers Week after Week are showing him up.

• Like 5

In 62 years of watching the Vale I've never seen a Vale team capitulate like that, no leaders on the field, no one wanted to take responsibility or charge of the ball, WTF.

Why does a team 2-0 up come out for the  2nd half and sit back and stroll around rather than press high up the field with intensity and effort, damn disgusting.

I'm gobsmacked and gutted.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Crosby should never have gone. As we've witnessed,  with this shower of a squad, Pep & Jurgen wouldn't stand a snowball in hell's chance.  Thank you David Flitcroft!

Ha ha fooking ha

This relegation is very much also on Crosby's head.

2 fold issue with Crosby.

He should never have been given the job in the first place and then he should have been sacked after Cheltenham at home

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

A good manager. In fact anyone with any ounce of sense wouldn’t send the players out 2nd half 10 yards deeper with no pressure on the ball. And to then make one of the worst substitutions possible. He’s useless. His record suggests he is one of the worst managers we have had. Get rid. Negative turgid rubbish when we play someone in the top half and negative rubbish when we actually get a lead. 

The manager isn't a magician 

At the end of the day these players should hang there heads in shame how many times have they sat back and hoped for the best and got punished  the players mindset is weak as P### they're an embarrassment to the badge 

Just now, Lornelounger said:

I don't disagree. I think Ripley will be a better goalie if he had a decent defence in front of him too.  But there are so many players who are just not up to the challenge. But I think we need to start with the defence - it is woeful - and that includes Nathan I'm afraid.  People saying he's back to his best, but I've said earlier, his best saw him relegated last time we were in league 1, and spending a lot of time flirting with relegation when in league 2.  Jones - no.  Iacovetti - no. Debrah - probably not. We need bigger, powerful players who do not concede from corners because they mark their man and launch it thirty yards clear of the penalty box every time the ball is played in. We are sos suspect on set pieces it is laughable. 

I know we have all felt that lack of strikers has been the big weakness, but if we do go down, I think Moore has to start again with our defence. Our goals against is a joke against teams with an ounce of quality. 

All teams built from the back and any decent manager knows this too. Whether Moore gets the chance to start again, I don't know at this point. I'm very despondent at what I've just witnessed, after forgiving the tactical approach at Peterborough, and others... 

• Like 1

I have credit to Moore for getting us out of the bottom 4 last week.

I have repeatedly said we are worse under him. That defeat is solely down to him. It was clear he changed tactics and sat back against a team who came back from 2-0 in the week.

I came away at 3-2 and that's me done for the season. He'll talk his usual drivel and I can't stand him as a manager. He set us up to fail in the second half.

2 wins in 14. Our GD has worsened by double since he arrived. And there's 5 more years of him

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One of the worst aspects is you knew within a couple of minutes of the second half starting how the pendulum was swinging and we did nothing to counter it. The moment they got one back you just knew the capitulation was coming. Pretty numb to it though at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1