Huge game! Let’s pack the park & rally them on 💪🏻 💙

Ripley 

Debrah   Smith   Yak

Sang        Plant      Ojo       Wynne

Garrity       Chizzy 

Uche 

• robf changed the title to Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Advert

Well, as you've labelled it as "match thread" - let's make this the match thread for the game... :wink:

Admin note - there's a few background things that need to done to make the match threads appear in certain places (e.g. making the match thread thread appear in the RH sidebar is set via some backend commands/tags) so usually it's an admin job to start these threads. No problem in this case...

• Like 1

Wynne! The bloke who has not played any football since October gets a start in our most important game. You gotta be kidding. Even at his very very best his career profile is very dubious and starting him would be a wild gamble. 

Personally given that yesterday was such a write off, the clever decision would have been to have given him some minutes last night. 

• Like 6

Orient v Exeter on Tuesday interesting. Orient winning 2-0 but Exeter score in the 88th and 92nd mins to draw 2-2. 

The stats given are really odd. Orient 3 shots and 2 on target for goals. Exeter 16 shots and 5 on target. I think the stats have got swapped round in error. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Wynne! The bloke who has not played any football since October gets a start in our most important game. You gotta be kidding. Even at his very very best his career profile is very dubious and starting him would be a wild gamble. 

Personally given that yesterday was such a write off, the clever decision would have been to have given him some minutes last night. 

I don’t want to see Grant in a vale shirt again. Only other option we have is Shorrock. I wouldn’t be too unhappy with Shorrock starting at home to he honest but I’m also opening to giving the new guy a chance. We have 4 games to play he’s been brought in on a short term deal so obviously part of the plans 

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I don’t want to see Grant in a vale shirt again. Only other option we have is Shorrock. I wouldn’t be too unhappy with Shorrock starting at home to he honest but I’m also opening to giving the new guy a chance. We have 4 games to play he’s been brought in on a short term deal so obviously part of the plans 

He has played a good level but fitness is everything. He must be right up to speed as well as having good ability. Was he one of the players being trialled last month?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vtid said:

What about Mighten? Not consistent but still put the best performance of any left winger this season. We have to win the game, so maybe a bit of positivity in the line up may help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, philpvfc said:

What about Mighten? Not consistent but still put the best performance of any left winger this season. We have to win the game, so maybe a bit of positivity in the line up may help.

Yeah I like Mighten he brings a bit of pace but clearly been bombed out or got a knock 🤔 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

He has played a good level but fitness is everything. He must be right up to speed as well as having good ability. Was he one of the players being trialled last month?

Apparently so, would be mental bringing someone in for the last 4 games of the season if they weren’t upto speed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Yeah I like Mighten he brings a bit of pace but clearly been bombed out or got a knock 🤔 

Unless I've missed stuff said in the press conference, there's been no word on Jones and Mighten. I presume they may be both injured if they are not in the squad at all.

I was trying to conjure up a starting eleven and there's a real issue at LB/LWB. I wouldn't start the new signing, it's too big a risk but I have no idea what to do. I'd almost be tempted to play Plant (out of position) as LWB but then who plays as RWB - Sang (who has been badly caught out of position recently)? Massey? Lomax (probably too great a gamble)? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, robf said:

Unless I've missed stuff said in the press conference, there's been no word on Jones and Mighten. I presume they may be both injured if they are not in the squad at all.

I was trying to conjure up a starting eleven and there's a real issue at LB/LWB. I wouldn't start the new signing, it's too big a risk but I have no idea what to do. I'd almost be tempted to play Plant (out of position) as LWB but then who plays as RWB - Sang (who has been badly caught out of position recently)? Massey? Lomax (probably too great a gamble)? 

True, whatever options we have none are great are they 😂 pointless bringing this new fella in if he’s not gonna be part of the plans tho. Maybe he’ll be on the bench Saturday 🤷‍♂️ Gaffer May go for a flat back 4 even. I’d have plant in the middle let garrity get further up the pitch. Plenty of energy to play that role & the only time he has previously he was outstanding away at Ipswich last season 

Edited by Vtid

28 minutes ago, robf said:

We also may have Ojo injured in midfield. To me the team has to be put back in correct order. Too many players playing out of best position. Garrity is our top scorer and needs to play as a forward. Chislett has scored and needs to play as a forward. Dipepa must play. I accept Loft has to start as striker. Ok, so that appears to leave a hollowed out midfield. Weir has to come in and hopefully show he is good enough. Then Walters has to take his chance as well. I'm worried re tackling with that midfield in which case Massey has to go in there. I'm so disorientated with this season, I can't even remember what position Plant is supposed to play in when he isn't filling in for someone. 

Out of a complete shambles success may sometimes emerge if an individual somewhere has a great performance! But the answer to anything is not Jones who was not fit last time I saw him. The answer could be Mighten, because at least I think he has good ability if he can be fitted in well.

Perhaps most of all on Saturday and Tuesday. We must field teams with players who are ready to die for the club and not ones going through the motions waiting for summer. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robf said:

Well, as you've labelled it as "match thread" - let's make this the match thread for the game... :wink:

Admin note - there's a few background things that need to done to make the match threads appear in certain places (e.g. making the match thread thread appear in the RH sidebar is set via some backend commands/tags) so usually it's an admin job to start these threads. No problem in this case...

My Bitdefender is having issues with expired certificates on OneValeFan presently?