onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

So league 2 team is starting take shape. 

Regular starters for me .

Ripley 

Chislett Garrity Curtis 

Dipepa Uche (if staying least entertaining when fully fit)

Icavetti should be solid enough in league 2  if paired by a pacy leader defender .

Debrah is ok but i think needs work .

Smith can play if up against big target men anyone with speed of thought no not for me .

Sang could do quite well in league 2 but mustnt be anywhere near the defence third.

Ojo should be good enough but if attitude is anything go by better to move on 

So we got a five a side team up to yet the rest well they can play when there up against certain teams but I'd still like 6 more new starters in our team 

Subs bench is huge upto yet 

Agreed.  I know there's a lot of comments about Debrah but I genuinely think he's down on confidence after playing his first real year in such a crappy side.  I think if Moore can grab this team by the scruff of the neck and get some confidence in him and have a handful of better players come into the side to play in then he'll start to do better.

• Like 1

Advert

54 minutes ago, Osh said:

Agreed.  I know there's a lot of comments about Debrah but I genuinely think he's down on confidence after playing his first real year in such a crappy side.  I think if Moore can grab this team by the scruff of the neck and get some confidence in him and have a handful of better players come into the side to play in then he'll start to do better.

I think a big focus for Moore should be to find out exactly what the team is made of. I'm convinced a lot of the poor performances have come from managerial/coaching defiiciencies of course but some will be due to lack or ability and/or commitment on the part of the player and we need to get to the bottom of that as part of the overhaul of the team.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Doha said:

Good, keep your obsession to yourself.

I am disappointed for Barnsley, I expect he will do as badly there as he does everywhere else in league 1. Will he make Christmas?

Mr Doha, since you seem to be better at following my posts than I am myself, please remind me what I said about what would happen at Cheltenham, was I wrong? 🙂

Edited by Rampant Zebra
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am disappointed for Barnsley, I expect he will do as badly there as he does everywhere else in league 1. Will he make Christmas?

Mr Doha, since you seem to be better at following my posts than I am myself, please remind me what I said about what would happen at Cheltenham, was I wrong? 🙂

Even with your completely biased view there is not any blame what so ever that can be attached to Clarke for Cheltenham getting relegated. Look at where they were, there fans, like us, also loved him. It’s just you. Utter utter madness 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Even with your completely biased view there is not any blame what so ever that can be attached to Clarke for Cheltenham getting relegated. Look at where they were, there fans, like us, also loved him. It’s just you. Utter utter madness 

There never is with Clarke... It is always someone else's fault when things go wrong for him. 

Re DC we all have our thoughts and opinions! Let's just watch this space and see what happens! Going to be very interesting I am sure. No doubt he deserves the chance at a higher level. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

There never is with Clarke... It is always someone else's fault when things go wrong for him. 

What did he do wrong at Cheltenham? I really don’t understand this vendetta you have against him 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What did he do wrong at Cheltenham? I really don’t understand this vendetta you have against him 

It is all past history so we should all try to move on, but look where Vale are now. Flitcroft, who most people seem to think was not a very good DOF, paid Walsall for Clarke to bring him to the Vale. There have been massive changes to personnel at the club and we are now left with an unbalanced squad. Was that absolutely nothing to do with Clarkes tenure? If so, he achieved nothing at Vale that we could have done without him. If it was, I think I am right to say that I don't think he is very good as a League 1 manager. He has failed as a League 1 manager at Walsall, Port Vale and Cheltenham, how many more chances does he deserve to prove that he isn't a League 1 manager?

26 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is all past history so we should all try to move on, but look where Vale are now. Flitcroft, who most people seem to think was not a very good DOF, paid Walsall for Clarke to bring him to the Vale. There have been massive changes to personnel at the club and we are now left with an unbalanced squad. Was that absolutely nothing to do with Clarkes tenure? If so, he achieved nothing at Vale that we could have done without him. If it was, I think I am right to say that I don't think he is very good as a League 1 manager. He has failed as a League 1 manager at Walsall, Port Vale and Cheltenham, how many more chances does he deserve to prove that he isn't a League 1 manager?

He never managed Walsall in L1 but don’t let facts get in the way. His record at Rovers in L1 was ok, had them finish top 10 one season.

What are you even talking about with the personnel changes? Man if only we had kept hold of Theo Robinson and Zak Mills we’d be flying now right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

He never managed Walsall in L1 but don’t let facts get in the way. His record at Rovers in L1 was ok, had them finish top 10 one season.

What are you even talking about with the personnel changes? Man if only we had kept hold of Theo Robinson and Zak Mills we’d be flying now right?

Good point about Walsall. Don't be obtuse 😁