onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

When he feels like it? Attitude stinks, if clubs want him then use the cash to get someone else in who cares. Technically he’d be a great player at that level but he’s shown in the past couple of months what sort of character he is. We don’t need that pal. It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here. He’ll be gone 

There is a question mark. He was getting stuck in v Wycombe without a doubt. He may be someone who is a good player in a good team and gets frustrated when others around make mistakes / struggle. I look at L2 and I do think we could power out that division again next season. The tough clubs are getting promoted and hopefully MK Dons will go up. Then there is no one down there to fear provided PV runs itself well. I'm not saying it will be easy, but with three auto promotions and a play off position, we surely should be able to be seriously in contention. I suppose Crewe might still be around!

Edited by Warren
  • Like 5

Advert

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

There is a question mark. He was getting stuck in v Wycombe without a doubt. He may be someone who is a good player in a good team and gets frustrated when others around make mistakes / struggle. I look at L2 and I do think we could power out that division again next season. The tough clubs are getting promoted and hopefully MK Dons will go up. Then there is no one down there to fear provided PV runs itself well. I'm not saying it will be easy, but with three auto promotions and a play off position, we surely should be able to be seriously in contention. I suppose Crewe might still be around!

Fair post that mate 👍🏻 

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ripley, Clark ( if he can stay fit ), Cass, Smith, Yak, Sang, Plant, Shorrock, Lomax, Brazier, Walters, Dipepa, Garrity & Chislet would be my retained list. The rest can go for me, meaning we would need at least 10 bodies through the door which I can’t see happening. 

I can't see garrity and chislet staying. Good players in a bad team. Imagine them in a good team. Maybe even dipepa will go. Everyone else on your list I can see staying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I can't see garrity and chislet staying. Good players in a bad team. Imagine them in a good team. Maybe even dipepa will go. Everyone else on your list I can see staying.

I think those 3 in garrity, Chislet & dipepa are the most likely to leave as they’ve had decent seasons in a poor one overall. I’d like to see dipepa develop a bit more for at least another season with us. Chislet will have some interest with his goals & assists return same as Ben with his goals & work rate. Wouldn’t suprise me to see Ben stay tho & try get us back up. Can see how much the vale means to him & he seems a loyal character 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

She will open her purse next season then when she releases the accounts she will get hammered online again because more debt has occurred 

I suggest she won’t open her purse and will get hammered because of more debt due to nobody going to watch awful league 2 football. 

I don’t get this idea from where she will be generous with spending. The money on the squad should have been spent in the summer after we had a season of record gates and momentum. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Midfield players IMO don't look too bad as long as we play them in midfield:

Chis

Garrity

Ojo

Grant

Sang

Walters

Although, appreciate some could go BUT depth doesn't look bad.

Thoughts????

Chis and garrity I don't think will stay. Another club will probably come in for them. Ojo I think needs to go. That puts the midfield down to Walters, Sang and grant. Who I think are good enough for league 2 but I'm not sure if they are good enough to get us out. 

20 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Release: Wilson, Wynne, Massey

Keep for 1st team: Chis, Garrity, Ripley,

Keep for backup: Uche, Smith, Yak, Clarke, Sang (as a CM),

Try and get rid of: Loft, Jones, Lowe, Debrah, Grant

Play 4-3-3 and utilise wingers.

Ripley

New RB - New CB - New CB - New LB

Garrity - Ojo - Chislett

New Winger - New Striker - New winger

7 new signings. All first teamers.

That should be enough to stay up if we recruit properly, even if we can't move any on.

I agree with most of that but I can't see us keeping chis and garrity. So Darren or whoever is incharge of recruitment is gonna have a very busy window.

25 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I agree with most of that but I can't see us keeping chis and garrity. So Darren or whoever is incharge of recruitment is gonna have a very busy window.

Not so sure we would lose Garrity, he would command a fee at this stage and likely would be courted by a lower half L1 club so may as well see out the year with us and see if he can get us back up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Not so sure we would lose Garrity, he would command a fee at this stage and likely would be courted by a lower half L1 club so may as well see out the year with us and see if he can get us back up. 

Same goes for Chizzy? 

Garrity and Chizzy are excellent league 2 players but I’m not convinced even they would be week in week out in any solid league 1 team, certainly not a top half one. 

Good players, but unfortunately we have far too many sub par duffers who make them look better than they are. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Garrity and Chizzy are excellent league 2 players but I’m not convinced even they would be week in week out in any solid league 1 team, certainly not a top half one. 

Good players, but unfortunately we have far too many sub par duffers who make them look better than they are. 

Over 20 goals & god knows how many assists in a relegation team. They’d be just fine in any league 1 team 

I’m torn on Ojo. He’s got a fair amount left on his contract, so as JoeB has mentioned, he’ll be hard to shift. 

In which case, we are left with no option to build the midfield around him. There is a question around his attitude, and rightly so, but you can’t doubt his ability. He’d be brilliant in League Two, around a good group. 

Ojo, alongside Ripley, Smith, Garrity & Chislett is a decent spine to build around in League Two. 

No doubt it’ll be an interesting summer…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Let's hope for the best

20 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Who trusts DM to rebuild and become a successful manager of PVFC in L2 next season? 

Without accepting, before it is certain, that we will play in L2 next season, I have confidence in Darren and his management team to rebuild a successful PVFC next season.