onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

On 08/03/2024 at 10:47, ollyandpatch said:

I genuinely don't have a problem with Massey as a squad player in fact the games we have played well in this season he has performed and made a difference. Doesn't have much time off injured and I think he tries his best.

Flicroft Out.

I am sorry but I really disagree I haven’t seen the same as you and haven’t seen many games where he has contributed much; admittedly he scored against Charlton but he hasn’t contributed much and I would release him to make room for a completely better player; opinions hey 

Advert

18 minutes ago, pete vale said:

With the exception of Ripley, Chislett and Smith (I'll get my tin hat on!), I'd chuck all the remaining names in a hat and draw x8 out! How many are fit? How many are bothered? How many are just not good enough?

2-1 Vale 😀

Surely Garrity in your side ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Yes it was very interesting to hear both Sproson and Yates saying how the club sell themselves very well for loans but find it difficult with permanent signings.

Sproson said we are outgunned financially but if you look at our average wage we still pay around 12th highest in the league ( our overall budget is roughly 18th as we carry a relatively small squad according to capology)  so we really should be competing for that 2nd tier player in the league which we have not done. Perhaps thats perception problem or we are going after unrealistic top tier targets, maybe a bit of both?

https://www.capology.com/club/port-vale/salaries/

Good discussion though.

Also indicative of how little money has actually been spent. The reality is the only reason players are coming here on loan, but not being bought is because we can’t afford the buys. We are attractive for loans because we have gaping gaps in our squad and clubs look at that and know their players will get games and experience.

Take for example Clarke Harris. Give Peterborough £800,000 and Clarke Harris £8,000 a week and he is in a Vale shirt. Offer any decent striker the miserable rate of £3,000 a week and they go elsewhere. Unless you are rubbish and have no other options. Step forward…Ryan Loft, Uche and a crippled Wilson. 

• Like 1

We have no forwards

No height

Stick someone up front to occupy the centre half

It can't be any worse. Try something different 

Rippers

Lowe or Lomax     Lopata.    Smith.    Grant

Plant.      Weir.       Garrity.    Shorrock

Chislett

Debrah or Yak

Wouldn't have Sang,Massey,Loft or Jones anywhere near the squad

23 minutes ago, pete vale said:

With the exception of Ripley, Chislett and Smith (I'll get my tin hat on!), I'd chuck all the remaining names in a hat and draw x8 out! How many are fit? How many are bothered? How many are just not good enough?

2-1 Vale 😀

How can you even name those 3 but disregard our best & hardest working player Garrity 🤔 

4 minutes ago, DazFred said:

We have no forwards

No height

Stick someone up front to occupy the centre half

It can't be any worse. Try something different 

Rippers

Lowe or Lomax     Lopata.    Smith.    Grant

Plant.      Weir.       Garrity.    Shorrock

Chislett

Debrah or Yak

Wouldn't have Sang,Massey,Loft or Jones anywhere near the squad

I see Devine intervention is back under his new name! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I see Devine intervention is back under his new name! 

Ha ha...Im insulted!

No...it's me

I just think try 442

Energy on each side. Two young lads wanting to try. Don't pick the mardarses or sick notes

It can't be any worse

Edited by DazFred
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

My team

Ripley 

Clarke Smith Kaspar Jones

OJO Sang 

Plant Ben G Chissy 

Wilson 

Like that but I'd swap Grant for Jones. Both gash but Grant less so in my humble opinion. 

Plants pace and workrate should see him further up the pitch hopefully. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

Ha ha...Im insulted!

No...it's me

I just think try 442

Energy on each side. Two young lads wanting to try. Don't pick the mardarses or sick notes

It can't be any worse

Shorrock playing for Academy mate this morning.  Not even in the squad later. 

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Like that but I'd swap Grant for Jones. Both gash but Grant less so in my humble opinion. 

Tried to play players in there position, reason why grants gash is we used him as a wing back and he’s a quality midfielder last season for Plymouth.

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It was interesting a few weeks ago when Moore was asked about being hamstrung at not having any full backs he kind of fudged the answer by saying in changing formation you can sometimes get the best out of people who might not have played well before. Deep down I think he must look at his squad and struggle to understand that apart from Clark (and he's more of a wing back), we haven't got a "natural" full back on either side at the whole football club!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Granville said:

It was interesting a few weeks ago when Moore was asked about being hamstrung at not having any full backs he kind of fudged the answer by saying in changing formation you can sometimes get the best out of people who might not have played well before. Deep down I think he must look at his squad and struggle to understand that apart from Clark (and he's more of a wing back), we haven't got a "natural" full back on either side at the whole football club!

I think we have, but he's out on loan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3