onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Advert

A win

Any win

I don't care if we are sh*TE

But please,give the fans something to cling to.

An early goal to give us something to sing about...and none of this,"How <ovf censored> must you be, we're winning 1 nil" nonsense

Let's do our bit by singing the players names. And the managers 

And the players do their bit by winning a game

It's not too late. Don't let us down

Edited by DazFred
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, MBE said:

For those that don’t know or haven’t had time to listen yet last nights Radio Stoke Sport at Six was superb. Really good round table discussion with messers Sproson, Yates and Legge reflecting on the state of the squad and recruitment.

Phil also mentioned he still has on the table a request to interview DoF to which he’s had no reply..

Phil is going to be in for a long wait then me thinks 😆

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

For those who have slated DF's press conferences since he has been here please listen to the latest one,you can see how he fired sheff wed up in that play off semi final,tbh i would run through a brick wall for the Vale tomorrow after hearing it.

Come on big D lets all do this

I'd run through a brick wall to get to DF, me owd fruit 👍😂😂

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Splodger said:

It's a bit like Churchill's we shall fight them on the beaches and never surrender speech .... problem is the lack of fighting spirit in our squad,but hopefully I shall be proven wrong tomorrow... UTV.. VTID 

If Port Vale lasts for 1000 years, tomorrow people will say that this was our finest hour (referee allowing), This old codger will be there, don't panic Capt Mannering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

A win

Any win

I don't care if we are sh*TE

But please,give the fans something to cling to.

An early goal to give us something to sing about...and none of this,"How <ovf censored> must you be, we're winning 1 nil" nonsense

Let's do our bit by singing the players names. And the managers 

And the players do their bit by winning a game

It's not too late. Don't let us down

Doesn't even need to be an early goal. Just an early massive tackle. Let the fans know they're up for it. Get it right up em!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Doesn't even need to be an early goal. Just an early massive tackle. Let the fans know they're up for it. Get it right up em!

I agree, ironically, The one person who puts in some crunchy tackles is Lofty - and he is this years boo-boy (and yes I know most fans don't boo him, just the idiots)

24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Have you ever considered doing morale boosting team talks? 

Yeah, back in October when AC should have gone to give the new manager time to work who he needed in the Jan window.

What do you wanna do to improve things? Happy clap like a seal to Glad All Over when we pull a goal back after being 4-0 down? 

My morale boosting team talks previously consisted of giving my Sunday players a complete and utter bollocking. Not a few days away at a fooking spa. We are full of wet lettuces. Every player wants <ovf censored> off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, MBE said:

For those that don’t know or haven’t had time to listen yet last nights Radio Stoke Sport at Six was superb. Really good round table discussion with messers Sproson, Yates and Legge reflecting on the state of the squad and recruitment.

Phil also mentioned he still has on the table a request to interview DoF to which he’s had no reply..

Thanks to @darren1810 finding the link for me, I had a listen last night.

It was a great 55 minutes with all of them.

It was interesting to hear Sproson say that for the past two years, when other clubs and players in League One look at the Vale squad, they always say that it's a bottom 6 squad.

That is clearly a bad perception and clearly indictive of how bad the recruitment's been over the past 2 seasons

• Like 2