onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

No ambition! The season we almost made the playoffs for the top League, I wrote to Rudgie saying I hoped we'd strengthen the squad during the Summer, for a proper push. Rudgie replied saying he thought we would end up selling some players instead - we did, and we know what happened!

That's the problem and always has been a problem. Cannot keep good players long enough 

Can this bunch do better in League Two? History says no. 

Advert

16 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

You believe what you want. 👍🏻

Well, yeah. That's generally how opinions work.

Only shows how much Carol has pulled the wool over most people's eyes here that they actually believe she bought the club out of nothing but goodwill and generosity. As deluded as her toy boy, Flitcroft.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Well, yeah. That's generally how opinions work.

Only shows how much Carol has pulled the wool over most people's eyes here that they actually believe she bought the club out of nothing but goodwill and generosity. As deluded as her toy boy, Flitcroft.

So not only are you failing to recognise the state we were in and the main reason the Shanahans, you’ve also forgotten Kevin, bought the club but you also believe Flitcroft is her “toy boy”?  I think what’s happening here is that you’re pulling your own wool over your own eyes dreamer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Because I have a different opinion?

I know you old biddies will always stick together but no need to be so abrupt.

Not because you have a different opinion but because your opinion is not based on facts. And I think you will find that old biddies have a perfect right to be abrupt when being addressed by middle aged knobs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

He still remains the owner, 30 years on, to bring us our greatest memories, our highest ever league finish, our biggest transfer fee paid and our biggest transfer fee recouped.

Shush.

And he sacked Rudge when we were in  the Championship. That worked out well. 

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 1

Why are oeipke

4 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Has there been significant investment on the pitch? It's clear supporters are starting to put Two and two together

The banner under which was written 'Championship ready' 

No one is ever to take u serious when u have that clown as your profile picture 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

How do you know what the average fan thinks?

Because I talk to people. I engage in social media. And I see that the generally consensus is that they are football supporters and not feed the community supporters.

If the community (of which we do so much right for) was as neglected as the footballing side of things, it would be a tragedy. But because it’s just kicking a bag of wind for 90 minutes a week, it doesn’t matter that much.

Neglect on the footballing side means that everything around her and what’s she is doing will have to take cuts.

The fans on the terraces are the lifeblood of any football club. She needs get back to that connection and ditch this Hyacynth Bucket, I’m better than thou, persona that she’s become.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

That is some rant! And three quarters is very true. Never a truer word spoken.

Got to pick you up on the last paragraph though. Because that’s a bit silly. Port Vale IS a football club. Above all else. It’s called Port Vale football club. Not Port vale community fc. And if that football club is not looked after in footballing terms, then the “community” stop coming to spend their cash. They stop coming to watch. They stop caring. They stop giving a damn.

Above EVERYTHING ELSE, Port Vale Football Club is a football club FOR the community. 
And it does a damn good job.

BUT……….. The average fan. Of which there are thousands of us…… Want us to be successful on the pitch and couldn’t care less (and this is with all due respect) about the <ovf censored> community.

Saturdays and midweeks. Show  me some love on that pitch. Sadly, Carol has taken her eye off the prize and would rather concentrate on HER legacy than the immediate NOW on the football pitch. 

Thanks...Ki think...but I'd argue that if a football club doesn't interact with its community, its community doesn't support it? Where do the mascots come from? Who pays for VIP experiences, bringing money into the club? Id we ignore the local schools, we lose a generation of supporters. Would the community have attended  the markets we've held...or the open days? Or the gigs and sportsmen dinners? Like it, or not, these are all examples of community engagement, and help to attract new supporters...otherwise, would any clubs bother doing them? Increased attendances offer the chance to spend more money on the team. It is a balancing act...but ignoring the community interaction is ill-advised.

• Like 2