onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

I like many others on here believe that Darren Moore has to be given some slack until such time as he has players to work with that he has had some input into their signing. Admittedly Darren has not done himself any favours with his selections and tactics, but look at what he is working with. I really wish someone would have a word with him about interview techniques as his yeah no erm monologues drive me up the wall. 

• Like 1

Advert

26 minutes ago, Old School said:

I like many others on here believe that Darren Moore has to be given some slack until such time as he has players to work with that he has had some input into their signing. Admittedly Darren has not done himself any favours with his selections and tactics, but look at what he is working with. I really wish someone would have a word with him about interview techniques as his yeah no erm monologues drive me up the wall. 

Erm I think your being harsh there 🤨

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Warren said:

There is a risk of a downward spiral. However, such is the gulf between L1 and L2 this squad with some changes could be challenging to come back straight away. It depends partly on the owners as they are going to need to fund a L1 team at L2 level. I would divert plans to improve the stadium / pitch to the football side. 

Yep there is a risk of a downward spiral but by the end of November after Moore has bought in "His" players and shaped "His" squad if Vale are in the bottom half of Lge 2 or in the bottom 6 of Lge 1  then his time should be up.

I hope the "Pay ceiling" that was reported to be in place during the promo season has been well and truly discarded as Vale have to pay what it takes to obtain a striker or two who can score at least 10 goals a season else we're just not gonna win enough games to challenge in the top half of any table.

25 minutes ago, Warren said:

It is nowhere near as bad as the squads when we were looking like going out of L2. 

It’s a poor squad this one. The likes of Sang, Lowe, Massey etc wouldn’t look out of place struggling at the foot of the football league. Smith was one of those players so I’ll add him to it. Ryan loft etc it’s on par mate 😂

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren said:

It is nowhere near as bad as the squads when we were looking like going out of L2. 

Mills. Sang.

Crookes. Jones 

Fitzpatrick. Grant 

Whitehead. Lowe

Smith. Smith 

Guthrie. Loft 

I'm seeing no upgrade there whatsoever . They will all be abysmal in League 2 also. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vtid said:

It’s a poor squad this one. The likes of Sang, Lowe, Massey etc wouldn’t look out of place struggling at the foot of the football league. Smith was one of those players so I’ll add him to it. Ryan loft etc it’s on par mate 😂

Admittedly with Arblaster and Devine playing, the current team won away at Mansfield in the Carabao Cup. They are about to gain promotion to L1. We did well against other top teams in that division aside from throwing the game v Wrexham when the idiot manager failed to make second half subs properly. In other words, with some new players added to current players, the facts don't support your point of view at all. I do accept that L2 is a big step down from L1 and that is why the current squad would be challenging for promotion. Also, the young players coming through, if retained, will strengthen the squad. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 3

If Gore had managed to stay fit, that would have given us some creativity and stability in midfield. By now he'd be cemented and playing the same deep-lying role Devine was growing into. Losing that turned Moore's options in that position from valuable to simply damage control. He was considered a huge coup in January akin to those we'd lost, and I'm sure he'll go out on loan next year in L1 and be a huge success.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1 said:

If Gore had managed to stay fit, that would have given us some creativity and stability in midfield. By now he'd be cemented and playing the same deep-lying role Devine was growing into. Losing that turned Moore's options in that position from valuable to simply damage control. He was considered a huge coup in January akin to those we'd lost, and I'm sure he'll go out on loan next year in L1 and be a huge success.

That's all guesswork mate.

Arblaster is clearly an outstanding talent already in the team at Sheff Utd and Devine was felt good enough for Plymouth. 

Gore obviously can't be judged on the Pompey game but I wouldn't of envisaged him as the saviour.

We still couldn't defend or score enough goals. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Warren said:

Admittedly with Arblaster and Devine playing, the current team won away at Mansfield in the Carabao Cup. They are about to gain promotion to L1. We did well against other top teams in that division aside from throwing the game v Wrexham when the idiot manager failed to make second half subs properly. In other words, with some new players added to current players, the facts don't support your point of view at all. I do accept that L2 is a big step down from L1 and that is why the current squad would be challenging for promotion. Also, the young players coming through, if retained, will strengthen the squad. 

Personally Warren I don't think you can take games like that in isolation. We absolutely crawled over the line against Sutton who are soon to be back non league. We played Mansfield off the park that night admittedly. Also didn't Wrexham play a second string side ? As soon as big guns came on we were suddenly 2-1 down. 

I'm not getting any positive vibes with this sad bunch and want to see another cull.

When I rock up in August if I see Jones,Debrah, Grant and Loft in the line up I'll nail my season ticket to a tree. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Warren said:

The terrible squads in league Two were playing against other terrible squads in league 2. 

Although bad, there was always 2/3 noticeably worse than us. 

These last two relegations from league 1 have, in my opinion, been when we have had the worst squad in the league. In both occasions we had a reasonable start. The Bruno one I think by luck really, but this time it was because two loans added so much quality we were a mid table side. Once they left and we did the terrible business we did in Jan, whilst clubs below us went and did something meaningful in the window, we became the worst team in the league. Even Carlisle who are shocking beat us once we decided our own fate in Jan. 

We tried really hard to do the same thing last season. 

With that in mind, I do give Darren Moore a little bit of slack. But in all my time he's the most uninspiring manager I think we've ever had and we've had some shockers. I can't even bring myself to watch his interviews so God knows what the so called football players think. 

His game plan and tactics are nonsense, subs are strange, line ups often strange, game management is non existent. I have no real faith he's the man we need to make a serious go of it next year and to be honest after around 20 years of a ST I'm not that interested in purchasing one next year to see how he gets on.

• Like 1