onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

17 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

Obviously they aren’t DMs players but have we seen any improvement in fitness, motivation or tactics?

No, it’s got worse.

Why will he not play players in their Best Positions.

Try Sang and Grant in Midfield.

Plant and Shorrock out wide of a front three.

No he plays Lowe or Weir etc.

Advert

2 hours ago, JS Valiant said:

No, it’s got worse.

Why will he not play players in their Best Positions.

Try Sang and Grant in Midfield.

Plant and Shorrock out wide of a front three.

No he plays Lowe or Weir etc.

Sang and Grant in midfield are a recipe for disaster unless you're putting them in wide positions with defensively sound full backs behind them, which is the obvious problem as we don't have any of those.

But neither should be in centre midfield, both too lightweight, can't tackle, not disciplined enough. 

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

They were starting anyway and Loft was on the bench but he never warmed up during the game or at half time so my guess was that he took a knock or tweaked something in the warm up before the game

Moore explained in his post match interview with Radio Stoke Loft got an Achilles injury in the warm up

I always listen to these as well as the club interview because they sometimes have different subjects in them.

I really don't get why the club have started doing their own when they don't really ask anything pertinent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

As for what he said at HT, ``This game is won, take it easy we have another game Tuesday we don`t want to be tired for that.``  Pure speculation by myself inspired by Leicester`s excuse of lack of rotation options in their recent loss at Plymouth in my local paper.

He says he told them "more of the same", second question in here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Granville said:

Sang and Grant in midfield are a recipe for disaster unless you're putting them in wide positions with defensively sound full backs behind them, which is the obvious problem as we don't have any of those.

But neither should be in centre midfield, both too lightweight, can't tackle, not disciplined enough. 

Agree. Sang just isnt good enough. He’s not good enough for league two. What is mind boggling though, is that when he plays as wingback, its crystal clear to anyone that he can cross (not that we have anyone up front who can head a ball), but he is a liability defensively. So to see Moore put him at centre half on Saturday, two teenage forwards as wingbacks and lightweight midfielder as striker, it was no shock to anyone what the outcome was. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

Agree. Sang just isnt good enough. He’s not good enough for league two. What is mind boggling though, is that when he plays as wingback, its crystal clear to anyone that he can cross (not that we have anyone up front who can head a ball), but he is a liability defensively. So to see Moore put him at centre half on Saturday, two teenage forwards as wingbacks and lightweight midfielder as striker, it was no shock to anyone what the outcome was. 

I really do feel sorry for Sang. We signed a central midfielder to play wing back. Ridiculous. He can’t defend and he’s not quick enough to play out wide. 

• Like 1

Talking about our first summer signing, Director of Football, David Flitcroft said:

“We have been chasing Tom’s signature since we knew we had secured our League One position and we are delighted that he has agreed to join us.

“Physically and athletically, we believe that Tom is already at Championship levels and he will add a different dimension to our midfield.

🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

🙄🙄🙄

When you really think about it, Flitcroft has A LOT to answer for, which he will never be held to account over, as he was aggressive to anyone who questioned him at a fans forum, ducked Radio Stoke and The Sentinel interviewing him and had a nice friendly in house podcast feeding him pre prepared questions.

He really has walked away scott-free with no accountability and with lots of questions unanswered. 

3 minutes ago, Granville said:

When you really think about it, Flitcroft has A LOT to answer for, which he will never be held to account over, as he was aggressive to anyone who questioned him at a fans forum, ducked Radio Stoke and The Sentinel interviewing him and had a nice friendly in house podcast feeding him pre prepared questions.

He really has walked away scott-free with no accountability and with lots of questions unanswered. 

I'm still angry with myself for getting suckered in with his Fraudcast . 

I fell for the lot and felt sorry for the bloke after hearing his guff. 

• Like 1

Some more recruitment words of wisdom while we're at it

"We have been chasing Ryan throughout the summer, so I am delighted to finally be able to say that he is now a Port Vale player.

"Ryan’s attributes will improve the squad’s quality at the top end of the pitch with his willingness to run unselfishly for the team, creating space or pressing the opposition aggressively.

1 league goal in 27 appearances. No assists.

“Uche is a powerhouse of a player and provides us with another dimension that combines and compliments our other attacking options and we have brought him in at this stage of the season to provide further competition for places.

1 goal in 23 appearances.

“Once we knew there was the possibility of getting a player of Conor’s [Grant] calibre to Vale Park we worked tirelessly to ensure he became one of us.

“Gavin [Massey] is a player that we have been chasing for a while, and he brings with him a lot of brilliant League One and Championship experience. On the field he is a top player as well, he’s scored some really important goals in his career, he loves to get forward as he has an excellent attacking instinct and intent."

It goes on and on.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

The club interview is terrible in comparison to this this one sounded like he is angry 

He actually said in his interview after the game that he was angry,that's the first time I have heard him say that

I think he has tried the nice approach to try and get the best out of them knowing despite being under contract many wont be here next season,so he couldn't come out and say how angry he has been or that most will be gone hoping they put effort in for the cause which they did for a short while but now they have just given up so he might as well say it.

As i have said I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and allow HIM to build his team in the summer and then see what he can do,am I happy with his decisions at the moment .. no obviously not

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Doha said:

Some more recruitment words of wisdom while we're at it

1 league goal in 27 appearances. No assists.

1 goal in 23 appearances.

It goes on and on.

Jesus wept. We've been spun a real yarn haven't we?

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm still angry with myself for getting suckered in with his Fraudcast . 

I fell for the lot and felt sorry for the bloke after hearing his guff. 

I think that was the plan. Elicit sympathy so as the eye of scrutiny wouldn't be placed on him.

I don't doubt he had some abuse but his lack of accountability, throwing Ryder and the coaches of the academy under the bus rather than take charge himself, and his role in dismissing long time club servants who gave the majority of their working lives to the football club never sat right with me.

I think he dodged the Radio Stoke interview because he didn't want to have any questions that painted him in a bad light, and then didn't like the idea they kept saying he hadn't agreed to it and doubled down on hiding from it.

I was at a fans forum where he shouted down someone who put some statistics to him on both tackling and interceptions (which has since been proved to be true), and it was clear then he didn't like anyone who questioned his narrative. 

He's walked away with a big payout, with the club on the verge of relegation, saddled with an well paid yet limited squad and won't ever have to answer for it.

• Like 3

I think Darren Moore will have an exit clause in his contract if Vale get relegated.  This wasn't his team, he is an ambitious and fairly successful manager and I just can't see him wanting to manage a L2 club.