onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

53 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

So, what happened to Crosby in January when were easily getting beaten by the likes of Carlisle & Fleetwood? Both of those games were an absolute disgrace of performances 

Nobody is saying Crosby is good. What I am saying is that Moore has not made us any better, in fact worse, as no way would we best Blackpool 3-0 today. 

Crosby deservedly got the push, but Moore looks worse so far. You’d expect a bit of magic if he was truly good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Nobody is saying Crosby is good. What I am saying is that Moore has not made us any better, in fact worse, as no way would we best Blackpool 3-0 today. 

Crosby deservedly got the push, but Moore looks worse so far. You’d expect a bit of magic if he was truly good. 

With the squad Moore has inherited, Paul Daniels would not have got any magic out of them!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Granville said:

It struck me yesterday how few of the squad have actually played AND succeeded at this level prior to the last two seasons: 

Ripley - yes, but relegated 

Jones - no

Sang - no

Lopata - no

Smith - yes, but relegated 

Clark - yes, but relegated 

Garrity - no

Loft - no

Chislett - no

Mighten - yes, but sent back from a loan

Ikpeazu - yes

Ojo - yes

Grant - yes but only one season where he barely played

Lowe - yes, but legs have gone

Iacovitti - no

Massey - yes

Weir - yes, but relegated 

Plant - no

Walters - no

Dipepa - no

Debrah - no

Wilson - yes

Not to mention Arblaster, Devine, Balmer and Thomas were all on their first loans.

It all comes back to recruiting a squad with very little League One experience, and those that did have it were over the hill or had been relegated. 

Its no surprise we are where we are.

You would hope IF Moore is given scope to bring in his own players, he will get some experienced League Two heads with a track record of promotions, not a bunch of kids, has beens and National League players.

On the face of it, last summer's recruitment seemed decent, and a slight improvement on last year's squad.

However, when you dissect each signing and what they've achieved, as shown above, it was terrible. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I suppose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

You have not read where I have started talking about Crosby last night.

I was responding to someone who said we should have stuck with Crosby because he had them organised better. I never even mentioned Moore until people like you started picking up on my response to someone on Crosby and then you bring Moore into it.

This squad that Flitcroft & Crosby have built between them is really poor and you could see that before the first ball was kicked at Barnsley

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So, what happened to Crosby in January when were easily getting beaten by the likes of Carlisle & Fleetwood? Both of those games were an absolute disgrace of performances 

Why don’t you look at Facts, Moore is the First Manager in Port Vale’s History to not win in their First Eight Matches and most probably that figure will increase. 

You say Crosby won 3 out of 22 games 

Well Moore’s Current Record at 2 clubs is 3 wins out of 31 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Why don’t you look at Facts, Moore is the First Manager in Port Vale’s History to not win in their First Eight Matches and most probably that figure will increase. 

I can see both sides.

I honestly think Moore had no chance. To decide to sack Crosby AFTER the window closed was a pure dereliction of duty by Carol or whoever. 

However 2 points from 24 is quite appalling. 6 points instead of 2 and we'd actually have an outside chance. Nothing has improved and other than Orient we are conceding 2 or more each game. 

However for me the dawdling and dallying by the owners has caused this and the obvious recruitment issues.

My opinion is that Moore will walk. Just a hunch.

He's done nothing to endear me to him but I'm prepared to hold judgement until August. If he hasn't left. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Why dont you look at the facts?

Lets keep a manager that only won 3 league games in 22 games this season ?

Do you need to go to Specsavers to look at those facts or do you want keep your head buried underneath the sand?

32 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Why dont you look at the facts?

Lets keep a manager that only won 3 league games in 22 games this season ?

Do you need to go to Specsavers to look at those facts or do you want keep your head buried underneath the sand?

I have not said keep Crosby

I need to go to Specsavers ?

You need to learn some manners and learn some Mathematics as well, 3 wins out of 31 is 9 wins worse than Crosby’s Record.

My Head isn’t in the Sand, the Whole Horrendous Current Situation at Club is Down to One Person, the Owner.

She Hires and Fires !

To give a Failed Manager a 5 and 1/2 Year Contract following a 3 Hour Zoom Call with him, is just beyond belief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JS Valiant said:

I have not said keep Crosby

I need to go to Specsavers ?

You need to learn some manners and learn some Mathematics as well, 3 wins out of 31 is 9 wins worse than Crosby’s Record.

My Head isn’t in the Sand, the Whole Horrendous Current Situation at Club is Down to One Person, the Owner.

She Hires and Fires !

To give a Failed Manager a 5 and 1/2 Year Contract following a 3 Hour Zoom Call with him, is just beyond belief.

I'm not taking sides between you and Brian mate. 

But failed manager is a touch harsh. 

He's actually been decent until his Huddersfield spell. Let's remember too that Huddersfield were amongst the relegation favourites anyway and were expected to struggle. Their new manager done nothing yet and they probably will go down. 

I get the argument about Sheff Wednesday ought to of gone up but that applies to many clubs. He actually achieved it.

His hands are tied here with one of the worst ever assembled squads in relevance to the division we're in. 

The owner(s) is/are wholly to blame. 

For

A) Appointing Crosby in the first place. 

B) Dawdling out of blind loyalty then sacking Crosby after the window had closed firmly to.

• Like 5

On reflection after initially thinking Moore would quit at the end of the season I've now started to think that he actually has no choice but to stick with us. That's purely based on how bad he's been.

We are his last chance saloon in league 2. He has to hang around to bring us back up or his career is over in my opinion. His last job and this so far have been a disgrace. 

I know he's been dealt a bad hand but the fixtures were favourable and he's got 2 points. We've been shocking with no real signs of any improvement. 

Vale have got themselves in a mess and will have to stick so he isn't going to get booted whether I like that or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I can see both sides.

I honestly think Moore had no chance. To decide to sack Crosby AFTER the window closed was a pure dereliction of duty by Carol or whoever. 

However 2 points from 24 is quite appalling. 6 points instead of 2 and we'd actually have an outside chance. Nothing has improved and other than Orient we are conceding 2 or more each game. 

However for me the dawdling and dallying by the owners has caused this and the obvious recruitment issues.

My opinion is that Moore will walk. Just a hunch.

He's done nothing to endear me to him but I'm prepared to hold judgement until August. If he hasn't left. 

You mention the Carol/the owners a couple of times but the DoF would’ve had major input on any sacking and subsequent new manager. On the face of it there was a bit too much shall we say loyalty shown to our previous recent managers when looking at their results prior to being replaced.  We can speculate whether this was down to Carol, the DoF or both, but ultimately in my view if the DoF says he’d rather not appoint Crosby then Carol would’ve listened I’m sure.  Moore was always going to be seen as a big name appointed mainly to quell the unrest.  Time will tell on that score.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not taking sides between you and Brian mate. 

But failed manager is a touch harsh. 

He's actually been decent until his Huddersfield spell. Let's remember too that Huddersfield were amongst the relegation favourites anyway and were expected to struggle. Their new manager done nothing yet and they probably will go down. 

I get the argument about Sheff Wednesday ought to of gone up but that applies to many clubs. He actually achieved it.

His hands are tied here with one of the worst ever assembled squads in relevance to the division we're in. 

The owner(s) is/are wholly to blame. 

For

A) Appointing Crosby in the first place. 

B) Dawdling out of blind loyalty then sacking Crosby after the window had closed firmly to.

Hi Darren 

No Worries,Brian has his opinions and I have mine,other fans have theirs.

We are all so angry and fed up with the Current Situation.

I am no longer going to try and let it bother me.

After all,  we just want to get some pleasure from supporting our team.

I just wish the Owner would publicly let the Fans know what her Intentions are.

Matt Hancock gave an interview fairly recently saying that the communication between the Club and the Fans needs to be better, yet we have just had her open letter about Supporting Flitcroft, who publicly stated Relegation is not in his Vocabulary.

Answer that one Carol !

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, JS Valiant said:

Hi Darren 

No Worries,Brian has his opinions and I have mine,other fans have theirs.

We are all so angry and fed up with the Current Situation.

I am no longer going to try and let it bother me.

After all,  we just want to get some pleasure from supporting our team.

I just wish the Owner would publicly let the Fans know what her Intentions are.

Matt Hancock gave an interview fairly recently saying that the communication between the Club and the Fans needs to be better, yet we have just had her open letter about Supporting Flitcroft, who publicly stated Relegation is not in his Vocabulary.

Answer that one Carol !

Mate we're all frustrated. I already had a gig to go to last Saturday. Do I go the Oxford game and dash to Manchester at 5.00pm or go to Manchester early was the decision. I took the latter. Enjoyed my day and didn't miss it one bit. I'm sad to say I have actually thrown the towel in. Burton is my last game this season purely for a day with the lads on a minibus. I've put my season ticket up for grabs but no takers yet. 

Feel really sad I feel like this. It's not the losing or the Harrogate, Crawley games next season. 

It's because promotion and all that hard work has been thrown away. Purely down in my opinion to taking our eye off the ball on the pitch. So avoidable. Along with the pathetic lack of strikers for 2 seasons running.

I'm so disconnected with this team. Garrity apart. Like the passion of Ripley but maybe that has detracted from his game at times. So another reset is fine by me.

Obvious who has to go. Big summer for the club.

I'll be back in August renewed optimism, but when life long fans who have seen worse seasons than this, in nearly 50 years of going are throwing the towel in does it mean I'm not a proper fan anymore or just ground down to the point where it's actually affecting my weekend. 

• Like 6

I'm fully expecting that Moore will resign, maybe even before the end of the season.

It will detrimental to his career if he sticks it out at a club with a 0% win ratio over a long period of time. If he steps down it would point to wider problems at the club affecting the football.

Should he stay on, then the club should keep him, but with a new director of football (or new model with no DoF), as that role seems to be a common denominator to many of the clubs problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Mate we're all frustrated. I already had a gig to go to last Saturday. Do I go the Oxford game and dash to Manchester at 5.00pm or go to Manchester early was the decision. I took the latter. Enjoyed my day and didn't miss it one bit. I'm sad to say I have actually thrown the towel in. Burton is my last game this season purely for a day with the lads on a minibus. I've put my season ticket up for grabs but no takers yet. 

Feel really sad I feel like this. It's not the losing or the Harrogate, Crawley games next season. 

It's because promotion and all that hard work has been thrown away. Purely down in my opinion to taking our eye off the ball on the pitch. So avoidable. Along with the pathetic lack of strikers for 2 seasons running.

I'm so disconnected with this team. Garrity apart. Like the passion of Ripley but maybe that has detracted from his game at times. So another reset is fine by me.

Obvious who has to go. Big summer for the club.

I'll be back in August renewed optimism, but when life long fans who have seen worse seasons than this, in nearly 50 years of going are throwing the towel in does it mean I'm not a proper fan anymore or just ground down to the point where it's actually affecting my weekend. 

No I totally agree with how and why you feel like you do.

You look at Mansfield now and us, that’s what can happen in Football.

The Owner has taken her eye off the Ball and now refuses to blame the one or ones responsible.

I just wonder how far she will let things deteriorate and WHY ?

• Like 1