onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

I expect, given the timing of bringing him in, that he knows the team is awful. Maybe worse than he thought but he also likely thinks that digging players out in public isn’t going to help their confidence either, which is rock bottom. Hopefully in the dressing room he is telling them some truths. However, I do agree that treating fans like mugs and not being honest about what we can all see is going to cause huge frustration. It raises questions about his judgement which I think are unfair. He’s managed at a decent level so given that none of these players are his it is unfair to judge him. I think we will see some improvement but doubt it will keep us up. And what can he do about silly mistakes like the one Smith made? I have no doubt if he sticks with us, he’ll oversee a massive clear out and bring in players he rates. If we go down, I think he’ll quit and then we are in massive trouble as this squad isnt even good enough for L2. It would be a full rebuild with any half decent players like Ripley, Garrity, Shorrock, Ojo and Plant moving on to stay in L1.

Also, no way Conlon wouldn’t have been an asset for us at this point. Lowe in midfield is like Anthony Kay all over again (Kay was actually far better) but the point is that he’s not an upgrade on Conlon. Arblaster and Devine would have been the bit of quality needed to keep us up but I expect their clubs too at look at where we were heading and pulled them out. Liverpool apparently looking at Arblaster which is an indication of what we had. Moore has no options so what can he do? However, I’d still give anything to have Darrell back where he belongs.

• Like 1

Advert

What is it with new managers at Vale Clark lost first how many now Moore .Got give him chance  try pick a team who want win thats all we ask and a team who represent the club how they should 

Edited by Devine intervention

12 hours ago, Wrex said:

Maybe Norman was right when he said some Vale fans weren't ready for a manager like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank...

Certainly not. Norman claimed we were a bunch of racists. Nobody has brought up Darren Moore’s race once. In fact, I did expect the odd old bigot around but I honestly have not heard anyone use race as a slur against his abilities. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

What is it with new managers at Vale Clark lost first how many now Moore .Got give him chance  try pick a team who want win thats all we ask and a team who represent the club how they should 

Exactly this. Clarke struggled at first, we got a win and lift off…

• Like 2

Certainly not. Norman claimed we were a bunch of racists. Nobody has brought up Darren Moore’s race once. In fact, I did expect the odd old bigot around but I honestly have not heard anyone use race as a slur against his abilities. 

Hate the inference on an earlier post that we are all racists. I think Moore realises now that a major clearout will be needed and a strong spine in the team is needed. Think we are a lost cause now this season unfortunately.

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

"I am convinced that this man will go down as the worst Port Vale manager in our ENTIRE history. FROM. DAY. ONE.

No actual reasoning was given, before a ball was kicked, and a manager with Premier League and Championship experience - with experience of winning promotion from League One - is said to be the worst manager in the club's history. Why?

This is just one crank off the internet rather than a significant portion of the fanbase, and everyone else has responded by saying he is in the wrong, but "Nobody has brought up Darren Moore’s race once". Well, the poster hinted at it by saying "Remember when we were racist for calling him fat? He shouldn't have been allowed inside Port Vale."

Edited by Wrex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valiant in Brum said:
14 hours ago, Rory said:
Has he gone yet?
Man up Flickers. Take responsibility and admit your mistake. ACT NOW, DAVID!
I am convinced that this man will go down as the worst Port Vale manager in our ENTIRE history. FROM. DAY. ONE.
OUT OUT OUT!

Flintcroftnis the issue and those players he signed.

You'll be right!

13 hours ago, Rory said:

He's as weak as piss and talks <ovf censored>.

Remember when we were racist for calling him fat?

He shouldn't have been allowed inside Port Vale. This one is on you David Flitcroft I'm afraid.

Mate, you just dropped this on your way to division one 👍👍👍

image.thumb.png.8d31061de6ace47f81788dd4de6f439d.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Which ones? Those mindlessly parroting the official club line and backing something which was clearly going off the rails, or the wally going on about sacking Moore? 

The latter

• Like 1