onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I would have changed tactics and been prepared to play out from the back when it was clear what Fleetwood were doing in overloading the attack. 

To be fair to Darren Moore, he brought on Loft to hold the ball up, but it didn't work. The stuff going up to the front wasn't good enough and the players were not organised as an attacking unit. 

Before we have too much of a go at Moore. He nearly got a win v a much better squad. 

We'd have been better going down to ten or bringing on Carol than Loft coming off the bench.

• Haha 2

Advert

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I would have changed tactics and been prepared to play out from the back when it was clear what Fleetwood were doing in overloading the attack. 

To be fair to Darren Moore, he brought on Loft to hold the ball up, but it didn't work. The stuff going up to the front wasn't good enough and the players were not organised as an attacking unit. 

Before we have too much of a go at Moore. He nearly got a win v a much better squad. 

Didn’t Crosby get us our last win 3-0 v a much better squad v Blackpool? Speaking of which…we have yet to win in 2024! Shocking, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Farcical and diabolical second half. Not convinced by big D at all atm.
Gonna get ripped a new one Saturday,make no mistake.
Its the inability to close and the standing off that's just veering on insane.
Surely his halftime talk wasn't keep it tight at the back and let them come at you, we're 2/0 up they aren't getting any goals. We've got this?
Has he literally not watched any Vale games where we sit back and actively encourage a complete bombardment on our fragile defence and weak af midfield.
Just keep at them and Press or something ffs. No, let's just let them do exactly what they want for 45 minutes. Completely naive and possibly out of his depth. Even at little old Port Vale

It's going to be a long game on Saturday.

This is worse than Brown’s or Aspin’s sides. I’d say the worst Vale squad I’ve ever seen.

There are only two players that I think other clubs would possibly be interested in - Garrity for sure, possibly Ripley. I’ll go further and say that if this team played the first 10 games in L2 we’d be way adrift at the bottom. It feels like the 2021/22 season has all been completely and utterly wasted. People busy congratulating themselves in their ivory towers and completely taking their eyes off the ball.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, our recruitment has been absolutely shocking but the January window seems to have a Kryponite-like effect on the club. We literally don’t know how to handle it. It’s quite staggering, it really is.

So what’s that now, about 5 wins in 60 games or something??? Wow, just wow. 

I was a big advocate of Moore but I’m starting to doubt myself that he’s the right man for us at this time. Maybe we needed a Steve Evans-type character who could create that “them vs us” mentality to at least try to battle & fight our way out of trouble because there doesn’t seem to be much evidence so far. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he walked, he has been sold an absolute dud.

I’m literally running out adjectives to describe just how sh!te we are.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Well that was a classic game of two halves, thought we looked decent 1st half and then decided to sit back and hope 2nd half.

Why when we know we can’t withstand pressure and their defenders were just as bad.

Lost the midfield after Ojo & Weir went off and got totally over run.

Cant see us getting out of this now, too many bottle jobs, no passion, too few characters, No STRIKER, No Full/Wingbacks, 1 useless Director Of Failure

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Gutless losers. Ojo pulling out of challenges and moping about the pitch. Pay Loft up. What good is he doing. Utter <ovf censored> shıt. I've never disliked a group of players so much.

Garrity, Ripley, Clark and Plant to stay. Get rid of the rest of them.

Forget the transfer window. Flitcroft wants chucking out of the next window available. 

Clark?

Who's he?

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

Fleetwood looked a good side as I've seen but it was too easy for them build up steam .

To be honest I sat there with 5 mins go and thought please so not lose and we were winning 2 -0 

That's how much I distrust these make money out your own club players look at Debrah a assist for him wrong goal you <ovf censored> wit 

Edited by Devine intervention

I disagree with the comments about Moore. His squad is <ovf censored>.Subs will always make us weaker whoever he brings on.

Moore did try to change it but Loft, the laziest <ovf censored> footballer I’ve had the displeasure of watching, his only job was to stop the LCB from coming out with the ball and overlapping. This is where they created the overload with Mayor and Humohries and why so many balls were put in the box, but time and again he stood and watched. Dipepa and Chizzy did it very well 1st half.

Then injury time all he had to do was clear the ball up the pitch in the stand to waste another minute instead he looses the ball conceding the corner from which they scored. I never ever want to see him in a Vale shirt again. 

The only other thing Moore could have done was go 433 to press the CB’s but the. We would have had to remove a CB, to me that would have been a wise move going man for man against their strikers,

This is on the players. They bottled it. Plain and simple. All it needed was a player to put the foot on the ball and keep possession at the back and into midfield but we didn’t have e a player brave enough to do it do Ripley goes long every time and hands possession back.

Its a mentality issue not managers tactics.

Expect to see good news in the squad next few days.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

This is worse than Brown’s or Aspin’s sides. I’d say the worst Vale squad I’ve ever seen.

There are only two players that I think other clubs would possibly be interested in - Garrity for sure, possibly Ripley. I’ll go further and say that if this team played the first 10 games in L2 we’d be way adrift at the bottom. It feels like the 2021/22 season has all been completely and utterly wasted. People busy congratulating themselves in their ivory towers and completely taking their eyes off the ball.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, our recruitment has been absolutely shocking but the January window seems to have a Kryponite-like effect on the club. We literally don’t know how to handle it. It’s quite staggering, it really is.

So what’s that now, about 5 wins in 60 games or something??? Wow, just wow. 

I was a big advocate of Moore but I’m starting to doubt myself that he’s the right man for us at this time. Maybe we needed a Steve Evans-type character who could create that “them vs us” mentality to at least try to battle & fight our way out of trouble because there doesn’t seem to be much evidence so far. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he walked, he has been sold an absolute dud.

I’m literally running out adjectives to describe just how sh!te we are.

I can't believe no one mentions Chislett. The only player who can carry the ball

Ah it’s only taken four games for the usual clowns to want Moore out. 🤣🤣

This ship was sunk long before he arrived and I’ll judge him come this time next year. Plenty of effort tonight but not enough quality which sums up most our games in 2024. Had we got a forward like Stockley we’d have stayed up instead we signed no one other than Loft.

i hope when Carol sits down with DF to review this season, she doesn’t accept his woeful performance in the transfer market.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

What a kick in the gonads that was...why the hell did he make three subs at 58 minutes...yes Dipepa was looking shot but all the changes at once totally threw out the balance...and Loft is just a passenger,he doesn't deserve his wage,in fact he doesn't deserve my wage and I work for minimum pay! Flicker sure has the magic touch doesn't he? 

Agreed mate it was too much at one time. Should have took dipepa on & left Ojo & Chislet until about 75-80 mins. 

• Like 1

Just now, DazFred said:

Please give me a shout when Sang blocks a cross or tackles his man.

He is useless 

He’s not a Rb. Maybe someone should realise tactically that their winger had the beating of him and double up or get someone out there to help him. I’d love us to stop picking him there

• Like 3