onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

7 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I thought Jones was abysmal but it wasn’t a pen. Jones didn’t make contact with their players feet at any time and it was their player leaning into Jones. it didn’t make any difference to the result as we wouldn’t have scored if we were still playing now. 
As for Smith, I don’t know what has happened to him - he looks non-league at the minute.

He doesn’t make contact with his feet but they were both pulling at each other. As a defender you can’t be doing that in the box it’s so clumsy. Jones all over! Letting the ball go over his head to end up in the position was bad enough he’s just not good enough is he. How many pens has he given away since he joined us. Has to be more than any other player surely 

Advert

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

I was in the opposite corner in the Railway Stand and even I could see it was a pen. As soon as Jones had a couple of big handfuls of shirt he was in trouble. 

I think if you look at the video they both had hold of each other’s shirts but it didn’t affect the result anyway.

13 hours ago, Valient1961 said:

Calls for Carol to sell up yes but as I’ve said on numerous threads there ain’t a queue of milonaires/billionaires to take it off Carols hands , be careful what you wish for 

Robbie could show his 'Vale colours' and invest ffs if I or others won 80 million on the euro we would all plough at least one mill into the club. What's his contribution seeing on many occasions during his career that he has referenced 'his love for Vale'... A mere £250,000...pocket change. 

Just now, soothsayer said:

I think if you look at the video they both had hold of each other’s shirts but it didn’t affect the result anyway.

Exactly can’t be doing stuff like in your own penalty area mate. But your right we wouldn’t of got an equaliser anyway but him & smith need dropping Tuesday & if they aren’t I will be asking serious questions of the gaffer 

2 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Robbie could show his 'Vale colours' and invest ffs if I or others won 80 million on the euro we would all plough at least one mill into the club. What's his contribution seeing on many occasions during his career that he has referenced 'his love for Vale'... A mere £250,000...pocket change. 

£1m isn’t even the wage bill for a season! We’ve been down the all ‘chipping in’ road with V2000 and all that happened was I and many others lost their share money and the club went into administration!

I suspect Robbie wouldn’t have the time or inclination to be involved in the running of the club so even if he invested, there’d need to be someone appointed to run the football side of things - and that ain’t a popular model at the moment.

1 hour ago, trentvale said:

What qualifications DOES Hancock have to be a CEO of a company?

Not to say he is anyway responsible for this mess but is it any coincidence that the downward direction started when he came on board.

Four!!!!

Thats a wild swing and a miss.

On 24/02/2024 at 07:37, Rockape99 said:

When Clarke was removed we were on a similar run to this , he was all over the shop and not doing his job , not taking training even . The issue was not sacking Clarke it’s what we replaced him with .

I haven't got all the answers but somebody suggested that we could have had a caretaker manager in the meantime and then he could have reset in the new season. If this could have happened I think it would have been a good idea

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

Four!!!!

Thats a wild swing and a miss.

How many of those are football clubs though?

Not that I think Matt Hancock is here or there when it comes to mistakes the club have made.

The day after…our senior leaders in the dressing room need to hang their heads in shame. Captain and Vice Captain demonstrate over and over again they are not leaders. Our other pros Grant, Massey ,Lowe, Wilson aren’t stepping up to the plate either. I’d take the captaincy away from Smith and give it Ripley. 

In Darren Moores short space of time what I have noticed is we push up the pitch much quicker and we definitely look more threatening from corners.

The manager has his work cut. 

On to do it die Tuesday. Win or bust.

8 minutes ago, Wrex said:

How many of those are football clubs though?

Not that I think Matt Hancock is here or there when it comes to mistakes the club have made.

The poster linked Matt as CEO to our troubles. It’s a ridiculous link.I didn’t realise he did all of the recruitment strategy, tactics,  the manager and managing the playing budget.

To be clear if anyone is in doubt…..

At the very 1st fans forum we had 1 slide shown and it said…..

Our strategy ‘We are a recruitment led club’

Who is in charge of football recruitment?

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

To be clear if anyone is in doubt…..

At the very 1st fans forum we had 1 slide shown and it said…..

Our strategy ‘We are a recruitment led club’

Who is in charge of football recruitment?

April 4th 2023

qyBVhdx.png

Well if the players do like David Flitcroft they have a funny way of showing it .

Darren Moore have a funny way of showing they like him too 

But the worst one the innocent ones in the support of the club is do they like our support as they have a funny way of showing they do .

The league doesn’t lie. We are where we are by our own merits.

I hope DM works miracles over the next 14 games and we survive but realistically I can’t see that happening with how we are playing.

Recruitment has been poor and if DF had final say over players then if relegated he has not done his job well enough so he had to go. No way will he go before the end of the season  so no point in calling for it.

The team so are playing woeful this needs to be addressed if some are not playing because they don’t want to put the young ones in. All must remember relegation’s on CV’s don’t look good whoever is to blame. If not for the shirt they wear play for personal pride.

Calling for Carol to go - unwise as nobody is queuing up to buy us. She saved the Vale last time and lightning very rarely strikes twice in the same place. Extra investment yes we need it and we may be able to convince but at all out buy out - very much doubt it.

The next 14 games - 42 points on offer is our season now. Leave the inquests till after and however hard it is we must support the team.

We have been here before and no doubt we will be here again - that is the Vale. 

It has been a very disappointing season the striker issue being diabolical and the main reason why we are in this mess in my opinion - but that’s old news everyone knows this. A out of contract end of playing career out and out striker maybe the way to go - worth a punt as they say.

If relegated we miss derby matches against Crewe and more likely Stoke very hard to take and if that can’t motivate our players god knows what will.

Looking to Fleetwood now FFS a win or at least a draw please give us something to build on.

VTID

Archived