onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

1 hour ago, JohnDoe said:

Anyone thinking there has been an improvement must be trying to make themselves feel better. It was dross. Lincoln were at a canter. Yeah we gave them a goal, but that just meant they didn’t need to go up a gear. They were clearly a better team. Better organised. And seemed to have a coherent way of playing. 

Haven't you noticed that most teams we have played this season look better organised and play like a team? We haven't played like that for a couple of seasons so it is easy to forget how a team is supposed to play. 

Advert

I don't think the players are not trying, they are mentally broken and unable to function. Whether a win can put that right is questionable, but the longer it takes to arrive the worse it is going to get. That's why the build up play is ponderous they are trying to be perfect and not acting on instinct. 
Yep the instinct is severely lacking. Saw it loads yesterday. One win can change that and they can claw back a little bit of
confidence.
I think it's too late tho. AC should've gone earlier to give the new gaffer some proper time to work with them, as now it's extreme pressure on them, with 0 confidence. We are running out of games.

I’ve had my moan & groan now. I’ll be there backing the lads on Tuesday as after all it’s what we do ain’t it. Some are content, some are still being positive, some are angry & some on the fence but at the end of the day we’re all Vale aren’t we 💙

Ripley 6 made a meal of the little he had to do

Sang 8 did 80% of the work of both flanks. No support, defending and attacking. No wonder he’s flapping his arms half the time.

Smith 5 shaky and too slow for a CB 2

Debrah 6 not much to do really, a few little moments of worry

Jones 4 terrible going forward and back

Lowe 4 offers nothing at all

Ojo 5 if he could play as well as he whines he’d be anchoring Man City. Another going through the gears.

Weir 5 lightweight, unsure, no threat whatsover

Garrity 7 having to carry the ball, win the ball, pass, shoot and tackle

Chiz 6 totally isolated and again doing the jobs of 2 at least

Wilson 6 can’t do anything alone because he’s too slow. Give him a partner who is L1 standard and we’ll actually see the real him.

The stats do not suggest Lincoln won at a canter. The subs they made were because the players coming off were exhausted. I do think they were a well organised side defensively, which is why they are well up the table. But they offered very little going forward and we were directly responsible for their goals and other shots on target by way of gross mistakes. 

Lincoln had 5 shots, 4 on target. We shot ourselves in the head!!!! But other than that We had 10 shots with 4 on target. That's not enough, but in normal circumstances would have got us 0-0 against a team 10th in the table. 

In the midst of this we won 26 aerial duels against 10. Their keeper has made 4 saves against our 2. We've done OK on the ball making 558 passes as against 390, but taking the point that we are not creating enough up front. 

So, it is far from hopeless, there is stuff for Darren Moore to work with. 

I’ve had my moan & groan now. I’ll be there backing the lads on Tuesday as after all it’s what we do ain’t it. Some are content, some are still being positive, some are angry & some on the fence but at the end of the day we’re all Vale aren’t we
Yeah mate. It ain't much atm, but it's still our Vale
Just have to try and remove the endless negativity and get yer own summise settled in yer suede. It is what it is, and fk it we're all Vale.
A good night's kip does away with the day befores game, well, to an extent anyway!!
Enjoy yer oatcakes and porridge this morning Valiants.
The mess we're in ISN'T the end of the world.
UTV

10 minutes ago, 1 said:

Ripley 6 made a meal of the little he had to do

Sang 8 did 80% of the work of both flanks. No support, defending and attacking. No wonder he’s flapping his arms half the time.

Smith 5 shaky and too slow for a CB 2

Debrah 6 not much to do really, a few little moments of worry

Jones 4 terrible going forward and back

Lowe 4 offers nothing at all

Ojo 5 if he could play as well as he whines he’d be anchoring Man City. Another going through the gears.

Weir 5 lightweight, unsure, no threat whatsover

Garrity 7 having to carry the ball, win the ball, pass, shoot and tackle

Chiz 6 totally isolated and again doing the jobs of 2 at least

Wilson 6 can’t do anything alone because he’s too slow. Give him a partner who is L1 standard and we’ll actually see the real him.

Chislett goes off on dribbles in the wrong areas of the pitch and gets tackled. He is not being anywhere near as effective as he could be. I don't see what his is doing as a positive at all. He needs to get himself in better positions. I do think his team mates need to help him with that. We clearly have some issues in central midfield. Ojo doesn't look up to speed, I'm hoping veteran hasn't come early. Lowe is probably an L2 player in central midfield. Somehow need to be better there to let Garrity and Chislett get forward. 

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Yeah mate. It ain't much atm, but it's still our Vale emoji123.png
Just have to try and remove the endless negativity and get yer own summise settled in yer suede. It is what it is, and fk it we're all Vale.
A good night's kip does away with the day befores game, well, to an extent anyway!!
Enjoy yer oatcakes and porridge this morning Valiants.
The mess we're in ISN'T the end of the world.
UTV emoji123.png

It’s looking extremely grim matey! Vale is in my blood & until we are mathematically down I will not throw the towel in. That’s not me thinking we will stay up because I don’t think we will but well there’s games to play & points up for grabs there’s always that glimmer of hope. Insane us Valiants i know 😂

Archived