onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

Advert

I said a few weeks ago Cheltenham will get out of it and Charlton whilst on a shocking winless run are showing fight the last few games with draws against Bolton and Portsmouth will have too much quality as well.   For me the bottom 3 are gone, we are 7 points off 19th place now, 3 wins off catching them up.  I think it will be one from Burton, Shrewsbury and Cambridge.
Shrewsbury pushed 3 past Reading today, if they can score goals its obvious they will have a chance, now us on the other hand couldn't score in a brothel thanks to Flitcroft.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

But then the new DoF has zero time to identify targets and assess the current squad? Would be a disaster. Be working blind.

That's what they did to the manager - wait till he can't ask for any money to buy players or move players on.  Saves money - oh wait a minute - it wont - as we will be going down.  Next div - less supporters coming to watch the Vale, less away fans travelling to Vale Park.  Less income.

Off topic but what a game of rugby league that was! Pure drama 👌🏻 Well done Wigan Warriors world club champions 🏆 That is what putting your bodies on the line looks like, that is what you call fighting to get a win 💪🏻 

43 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Unlike you he's being positive. 2 stupid moments arguably gave them the game. The rest of the game it could have gone either way. What he said isn't wrong.

There’s nothing to be positive about after that game 

No passion, no pace, they don’t want the ball and when they get it they don’t know what to do with it. 
lincoln had nothing much to play for but they were quicker, sharper, tackled, moved, closed down - all the basics that you would think a team in Vales position would at least do. 
But no we didn’t. 
We are too nice to get out of this mess I’m afraid. Really wish we had some nasty buggers in our team who cared. 

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

Is that your only point? 

At the start of the season our first, second and third priority is to stay in this division. What position we finish would be a measure of that success, 10th better than 18th.

Relegation = total failure.

End of.

Was there on Tuesday and you can’t say Lofty didn’t put a shift in, he came off almost apologetically and looks completely devoid of any confidence. How some think this is going to be boosted by him being abused by his own fans is completely beyond me. 

Around this time last year Darrell Clarke told us what we already knew, we’d had a poor January window and were in trouble, it more than likely contributed to him being sacked.

He, and the fans, have been proven right. This squad is nowhere near League 1 standard.

Carol is the custodian and she has done some good things for the club. The appointment of David Flitcroft isn’t one of them.

56 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Yeah the nice guy & pats on the back is the reason we’re so far down the league table. Some sort of authority is needed & stamp your mark on things. We don’t have many games left as it is. Tell em how it is, express how you really feel. No way that’s Darren Moore being natural in his interviews 

In the dressing room mate 100% it’s different. Probably good cop bad cop going on with back room team.I understand where you coming from though because the culture is too nice.

Last thing we DM to do  do a ‘Troy Deeney’ 😂😂

2 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

And like I've said. Dof can't because there is probably a small budget. That's why we are investing of the pitch to increase it. I presume for dm to come that didn't come out the budget. I'm guessing it may have come straight out of carols pocket.

You are missing the point again. What good will investment in infrastructure do when Vale lose 3,000 season ticket holders when relegation comes. It's as if you are justifying relegation... In fact Carol seems to be justifying it. 

don't accept that I'm not buying it. 

One thing I will say, if a manager recruits someone to a role that they are totally unsuited to, who is to blame when they inevitably make a horlicks of it, the person or the manager that recruited them?

So, I don't generally slag the players off as it is not really their fault that they do no have the required skill set. If blame is to be apportioned it is the numpty that recruited them all. We all know who that is, would somebody please enlighten Carol.

OK my marks be interesting listen to podcast on that one .

Ripley 5 nowt do yet conceded 2 and had made two saves one from.his own crap pass the other from resulting corner 

Sang 4 does this lad have any self belief at all , he doesn't even try go round anyone just does a full circle and releases the ball for me about 3 seconds before he should do  .Hit one over the bar if you can call it that 

Debrah 4 When you think about didn't do much wrong at all but when receives the ball never charges up the field with it just passes it to someone else in the modern game you have to be able to shift with the ball, 

6 of our players are so deep in our own half   how you supposed to score .

Lowe 4 what's his job he is in a game like today not needed we don't need a defensive midfielder we need players to be running in opposition box and creating things whatever were  he and Ojo doing well neither had a shot at goal so why are they selected when object of the  game is too score goals .

Ojo 3 over rated has he had a shot since Sutton he doesn't pass it quickly he doesn't seem involved in anything of note whys he playing as obviously he is hiding ,I'm.trying think of  anything he did .

Garrity 5 keeps going tried his very best shame we ain't got 11 of him 

Chislett 4 well usually he plays better the more he is on pitch but we dragged him off to replace with Massey who after last weeks poor defensive efforts should be paid off and removed from the club with immediate effect .Chislett struggled today but must be hard when spend most of afternoon being marked tightly because 6 of our  team are deep in our own half as they haven't the guts or energy get up into the half there supposed be all in 

Wilson 5 few moments of quality but a few isn't enough 

Jones 4 solid enough till brain fart at end we weren't going equalise anyway so might aswell lose  by 2 seemed be the attitude. 

Weir 5.1 I think he did OK never stopped showing for the ball plenty of movement I'd say he was star man .

All in all considering a must win game once sloppy goal given away we were generally already beat which tells you all you need to know about the backbone in this side .

Next game may  aswell play 11 attacking players the defence haven't been asked any questions from Lincoln today yet managed concede 2 and could have been 3 .

Looking back on the game have we created a single noteworthy chance. 

No .

Why that's Darren Moore ?

Hurry up and sort this shower of <ovf censored> out 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Some of them needs to hear some home truths. I’m not even talking about the likes of loft or Massey. Players like Chislett, Ojo, smith (our better pros) need to be told that they need to turn up. Players like Chislett and Ojo are good enough but aren’t showing it.  

Tuesday plant has to come into the side.I don’t rate Yak but he shows a bit of fight and has to come into the side. If Mighten is fit he has to start. 

Mighten’s the key for me. Only player with a bit of pace and direct running in the squad.

4 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

You are missing the point again. What good will investment in infrastructure do when Vale lose 3,000 season ticket holders when relegation comes. It's as if you are justifying relegation... In fact Carol seems to be justifying it. 

don't accept that I'm not buying it. 

Yes but your missing the point. We aren't relegated yet

56 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

OK going keep this short but sweet .

You do put the shirt on if you do not want to 

1 wear it with pride

2 have the guts do anything with it on 

Totally disappointing performance they come for a 0-0 and won 2-0

What did they do what so fantastic,nothing really they just all did there jobs and stayed with there players.

I don't know what say there's no tempo in our play we are pedestrian we get the ball and not one of them sprints up the field to create a different angle to form a different angle of attack .

Whens the last time OJo had a shot was it Sutton when he scored what's up with him .

I'm.not going into Smith tonight you were warned only a fool keeps selecting him  

We were never going score doesn't excuse whatever D Jones was doing in last minute .

Beat ourselves again keeps happening ,watch the goals back the lack of will to keep the ball out of our net will ultimately decide our fate and it won't be a good one .

Change the manager and he is record is p3 L3 goals for 2 goals against 7  all 7  of them in games where the other sides ain't really being playing with intensity or pinning us back just lousy giveaway soft touch goals given away .

Nice see Garrity back I've no idea where we go from here with starting 11 

Where was mighten and why take Chislett off .

I don't get it I really don't. 

I'm laughing now I've reached point I couldn't care less .

Poor Carol look what your staff are doing to your reputation 

If go down will be struggling near foot of table in league below 

There's no character in the side .

I don't see a 11 who are fighting for the shirt today Weir did OK never stopped working Sang did OK don't know why he to do a full silhouette before passing though Garrity never stopped and Wilson did OK on patches never a constant though a man of his ability should be able beat Lincoln on own .

UTV 

Fleetwood next .

Wow I bet those who have come today as a freebie will be queing down hamil get in .

2300 there Tues 

Well done players 

You really really are destroying the club 

Slackers 

If that's short and sweet, I'd hate to see long and sour.

Archived