onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

2 minutes ago, robf said:

Yep, I can understand that view on Yak as the next, least worst option. Does anyone have an update on Jones? 

Perhaps Mitch Clark is an option at LB but it would all depend on his fitness? He's back in training. 

Yeah that’s the issue he’s been out a while ain’t he. 

Advert

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Grant shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. Id prefer sharrock to play. 

I was just thinking the same thing. I think it's tough on a 16 year old kid to play LB in a key game but I think he'd be a better fit. I do hope Jones is fit though because if Shorrock did play and made a mistake it could really set him back I think... 

Just now, robf said:

I was just thinking the same thing. I think it's tough on a 16 year old kid to play LB in a key game but I think he'd be a better fit. I do hope Jones is fit though because if Shorrock did play and made a mistake it could really set him back I think... 

id prefer a young lad who's learning his trade that has potential and is giving everything to make a mistake than a guy who doesnt seem arsed make mistake after mistake. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

id prefer a young lad who's learning his trade that has potential and is giving everything to make a mistake than a guy who doesnt seem arsed make mistake after mistake. 

Like lets be honest even if sharrock gets torn a new one it wouldnt be any different than if grant started ahah

Lets all remember grant was one of the coups of the summer according to flickers the answer to all our wingback prayers . The bloke cant play wing back to save his life. Some great research done by our amazing recruitment team...

I think this could be a 0-0 draw. A turgid affair. Lincoln are a bit dour and we're a bit dire. 

How ever I'll get my rollover hot dog have a dance to the deranged DJ and might even get my face painted . So still be a good day out. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think this could be a 0-0 draw. A turgid affair. Lincoln are a bit dour and we're a bit dire. 

How ever I'll get my rollover hot dog have a dance to the deranged DJ and might even get my face painted . So still be a good day out. 

You think we wont concede i wish i had your optimism 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Shall we all go down the club to reception and ask to speak to dave would find it extremely interesting to see if he holds up on his side and actually shows his face 

He's currently away on a strategic implementation of data management and projection course at Staffs University. 

Could try him tomorrow maybe. 

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

we're a bit dire

Agreed. 

We weren't always like this though, were we? Earlier this season, under Crosby and with largely the same set of players, there was a vast majority of fans praising the football we were playing. Maybe that weird run of wins was flukey but the football was generally entertaining even if we weren't exactly scoring for fun. What's changed? Obviously having a paper thin squad due to back-ups not being very good and first teamers injured hasn't helped, but it's odd to see how wretched we are now compared with us playing relatively well earlier in the season. Have we just been found out? General malaise around the club? I dunno... 

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Agreed. 

We weren't always like this though, were we? Earlier this season, under Crosby and with largely the same set of players, there was a vast majority of fans praising the football we were playing. Maybe that weird run of wins was flukey but the football was generally entertaining even if we weren't exactly scoring for fun. What's changed? Obviously having a paper thin squad due to back-ups not being very good and first teamers injured hasn't helped, but it's odd to see how wretched we are now compared with us playing relatively well earlier in the season. Have we just been found out? General malaise around the club? I dunno... 

Baffled as the next man. 

I do think the two young lads once Devine found his feet were a major factor. 

Always looked lightweight in attack and suspect at the back. 

But the midfield was as good as I've seen for years. 

I think ( hindsight a great thing ) that the early season run was a touch lucky though. 

I realise there's now up to 100 minutes a game and last min goals are give and take.

But in that 5 game run we had 3 very late winners . Northampton was a nothing game although we deserved to win. Oxford self imploded with 9 men. And the Charlton defending was similar to ours.

Maybe we got carried away by all the momentum.

I really don't know. Just waffling and bemused by what's going on. 

I just generally can't be arsed go anymore. I missed the Stevenage game and even though we got a draw and played ok from what I was told I didn't miss not going. I just think I'd rather sit at home In the warmth ,watching horse racing, or a film or something, than watching us as anything is better than watching us. Like Darren mentioned Lincoln are a boring side, don't score or concede many so we could get a nil nil but more likely be a one nil loss.

Archived