onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

27 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

But if footballers can't stand criticism when they are not putting the hard yards in , then they're in the wrong job, imo  # bunch of bloody snowflakes # Get a Grip 

I don't often see players lacking effort, but if they're not much good then l don't see what giving them stick achieves. It's not their fault they got picked. 

There's a percentage of Vale fans who seem to revel in giving abuse rather than encouragement. Trust me if we lose the next few the DM love will soon dissipate.

Advert

1 hour ago, smithie said:

I don't often see players lacking effort, but if they're not much good then l don't see what giving them stick achieves. It's not their fault they got picked. 

There's a percentage of Vale fans who seem to revel in giving abuse rather than encouragement. Trust me if we lose the next few the DM love will soon dissipate.

Opinions vary each too there own squire 

34 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

The criticism of the " Prawn sandwich brigade" is unfair they pay large sums for the privilege and it brings income in, all the other points Trumpet makes I agree 100%

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I don't think people are criticising the folks in hospitality themselves, but more the disproportionate focus that has been shown to them whilst the rest of the ground literally falls apart and collapses.

I understand that they're a revenue driver, but the largest revenue driver is winning games of football, which increases attendances, which we haven't shown anywhere near enough focus to.

The facilities in the Railway are absolutely shocking and its a bit galling to the fans that sit there that the club boasts about how great all the new hospitality stuff is when toilets are falling apart and we stand outside in the rain on a hill to get a cup of tea.

Folk in hospitality deserve a good experience, but that doesn't mean the Railway Stand should be completely forgotten about. There hasn't been a single improvement to the stand since Carol took over - it's only become worse.

2 hours ago, smithie said:

The bottom paragraph applies to all football fans, Smithie.

A lot of your criticism of Vale fans (sitting down, no atmosphere, giving the players stick) is just football fans. You seem to think Vale fans are worse for it, but you just see more Vale fans. Go and sit at Oakwell or Rodney Parade and you'd think the exact same.

If PVFC started to win games of football, atmosphere would improve and criticism would reduce, as happens at the other 91 clubs.

11 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

It’s health and safety gone mad 

Maybe so, but there are laws around it, which are not made by Carol, and we have Stewards that are trained in all this stuff which we HAVE to abide by. As much as you dislike it this is enforced from outside the club.

5 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Didn't the RW suite cost >£1.2m? That's a lot of expense to claw back. If it makes a profit of 100k pa we'll be quids in by 2037. In reality it's basically moved an income stream from one area of the ground to another and in 12 years time will need more than a lick of paint no doubt

Directors loans don’t get paid back do they?

39 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Directors loans don’t get paid back do they?

Only when the Director asks for them back. In our case it looks like we as a club owe £10m of them . Now that's fine unless the loans get called in. That's when issues arise. 

I don't think people are criticising the folks in hospitality themselves, but more the disproportionate focus that has been shown to them whilst the rest of the ground literally falls apart and collapses.
I understand that they're a revenue driver, but the largest revenue driver is winning games of football, which increases attendances, which we haven't shown anywhere near enough focus to.
The facilities in the Railway are absolutely shocking and its a bit galling to the fans that sit there that the club boasts about how great all the new hospitality stuff is when toilets are falling apart and we stand outside in the rain on a hill to get a cup of tea.
Folk in hospitality deserve a good experience, but that doesn't mean the Railway Stand should be completely forgotten about. There hasn't been a single improvement to the stand since Carol took over - it's only become worse.
With the paddock the whole thing needs flattening the big hill taken away and a new stand built.

Its not my money so not up to me.

Archived