onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

3 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Were you this vocal when we almost got relegated to NL. 

I'm just happy flitcroft has a plan. I don't care if it take 5 years to build a squad and go to the championship. He has a plan to develop the club in all areas. Rather have that than what we were doing before.

Great strategy. L2 ready.

Advert

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Yes we did but having to play that formation when we are chasing a game and naturally going for it a bit more is different to starting with it. I think that as we have no natural fullbacks it will get exploited by teams. 

I’d have been happier with Lowe, Smith, Lopata and Jones as a back 4 yesterday.

Massey and Grant cannot defend or stop crosses. If they are to play, they should be attackers. Jones was a weird one yesterday. He seemed to spend a lot of time as a wingback, leaving Grant nowhere.

wingback is 2 jobs in one. With the limitations of the squad we have available, it would surely be better to ask players to do ONE DEFINED JOB, rather than the current mess.

I agree we have no fullbacks (except Lowe). But we have no wingbacks either.

13 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

We've gone nowhere as a club? The investment in the club has been immense. When you spend time at the club in the week like I do the difference around the place is immense. Rome wasn't built in a day. All of those investments that people moan about, the scoreboard, the new suite, the community work- they are all ultimately money spinners (even the community work improves the reputation of the club and attracts new fans- have you noticed how many more families come to Vale now- these kids are the next generation of die hards- essential in this day and age when you can watch any match you want online on a Saturday afternoon) and even the much maligned director of football and sales pitches to players mean our loans are so much better than they used to be. Its all about long term planning. It may not save us this season but it means we will be in a strong position to bounce straight back and push on again. In a way it mirrors people's thinking about the passing it around at the back, sometimes a temporary backwards step is a necessary evil in order to move forward in the long run- case in point- our second goal today. I swear if more people spent their prematch somewhere other than the pub there would be a lot less moaning on a match day and on here.

The investment has gone into the wrong place though hasn't it # new training facilities when frankly the most important thing the playing squad has been severely neglected and underfunded hence that's why we are where we are  the recruitment has been an absolute bag of shytte and that is the responsibility of Fraudcroft he's gotta go

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

The investment has gone into the wrong place though hasn't it # new training facilities when frankly the most important thing the playing squad has been severely neglected and underfunded hence that's why we are where we are  the recruitment has been an absolute bag of shytte and that is the responsibility of Fraudcroft he's gotta go, in my humble opinion 

4 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Were you this vocal when we almost got relegated to NL. 

I'm just happy flitcroft has a plan. I don't care if it take 5 years to build a squad and go to the championship. He has a plan to develop the club in all areas. Rather have that than what we were doing before.

You sound like Baldrick his catchphrase

Was Sir , I having a cunning plan 

Point being he didn't have a bloody clue

similar to Fraudcroft to be honest 

19 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The investment has gone into the wrong place though hasn't it # new training facilities when frankly the most important thing the playing squad has been severely neglected and underfunded hence that's why we are where we are  the recruitment has been an absolute bag of shytte and that is the responsibility of Fraudcroft he's gotta go

Investment is neither here or there, with the FFP rules we can only spend a percentage of our turnover on players, you can spend what you like on scoreboards, new pitches bogs, campuses, training facilities, they don’t come into FFP. The only way round it is by signing kids under the age of 21.

5 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Thanks mate. Shows why we are investing off the pitch. Proves my point. We have neglected everything off the pitch for 20 odd years. The ground has gotten better like I said. It still need a lot of work though. 5 years ago the ground was <ovf censored> now its better than <ovf censored>.

In my 46 yr lifetime, I have never known us have attendance restrictions due to insufficient facilities.  We have now.  All the money has been spent on Flitcroft's dream.  The supporters are not part of that dream.  He once publicly called supporters 'unintelligent'.  In his recent podcast he told us that the true supporters are the handful of fans that turned out to the recent fans' forum.  Flitcroft knows nothing of this fanbase, knows nothing of this club's history and has no affiliation here whatsoever.  Who the hell is he to be telling us who the true fans of this club are? Not hard to see who is influencing this huge downturn in respect of our fanbase, is it.  He is nothing but a manipulator. Where is the Carol that waved off the coaches to Man City?  Suffocated by Flitcroft's voluptuous arsecheeks, that's where.

Offending line to bogus account edited. 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Investment is neither here or there, with the FFP rules we can only spend a percentage of our turnover on players, you can spend what you like on scoreboards, new pitches bogs, campuses, training facilities, they don’t come into FFP. The only way round it is by signing kids under the age of 21.

Selling kids/players out of the academy counts as turnover if FFP is critical. As does increased hospitality income etc. 

22 minutes ago, Bede said:

In my 46 yr lifetime, I have never known us have attendance restrictions due to insufficient facilities.  We have now.  All the money has been spent on Flitcroft's dream.  The supporters are not part of that dream.  He once publicly called supporters 'unintelligent'.  In his recent podcast he told us that the true supporters are the handful of fans that turned out to the recent fans' forum.  Flitcroft knows nothing of this fanbase, knows nothing of this club's history and has no affiliation here whatsoever.  Who the hell is he to be telling us who the true fans of this club are? Not hard to see who is influencing this huge downturn in respect of our fanbase, is it.  He is nothing but a manipulator. Where is the Carol that waved off the coaches to Man City?  Suffocated by Flitcroft's voluptuous arsecheeks, that's where.

Now bore off you absolute f*****g weirdo.

What a lovely way finish a post 

17 minutes ago, Bede said:

I just have no time for idiots playing games when our club is once again close to peril.  It's not a genuine account.

if u call getting the infrastructure in place at the expense of some first team finance then yeah  we are close to peril 

13 minutes ago, Bede said:

I just have no time for idiots playing games when our club is once again close to peril.  It's not a genuine account.

It’s a genuine account, just not a fan.

The poster is clearly a club employee pushing a narrative to try and calm down the fan base and swing opinion.

Even fully paid up lifelong members of the Happy Clappers Club are struggling with it.

@PVFC FAN If you could get me an audience with Dave Flitcroft I’d be more than happy to express my concerns about his football strategy and state of the squad. If I doorstep him at reception like he asked in the podcast I’m sure he’s not got time to pop down for an 1 hour to talk it through with me. 

Archived