onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

11 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Why shouldn’t he? He’s a league 1 standard player. Totally bizarre criticism imo

I think Jo is scraping the barrel for scapegoats now - after all, he has been through the rest of the team 🤣🤣🤣

Advert

My marks 

Ripley 5 should be saving the free kick .

Smith 4 scored a well worked goal then spent the rest of the game hiding as Lopaco was doing all the  work Smith most of time marking fresh air and played his part in there  winner where his slow reactions didn't block the shot him and massey serially do that a good defender blocks the shot take note .

Lopaco 6 headed everything did OK his passing a curved ball up the line leaves a lot to be desired 

Jones 3 was he playing for them and I like him but seemed like he wasn't with it at all 

Massey 3 ran around created bugger all was constantly flapping what's the point in him 

Grant 3 great corner then was not involved in game at all the game bypassed him 

Ojo 3 really poor to let a Cheltenham side dictate the whole game from 30 mins in was absolutely pathetic nothing to suggest he played well he did <ovf censored> all ..

Wilson 2 was he even playing another DC lover by his non performance for the team he supposed be playing for that's 4 of the last 5 I'd mark him. really lowly .

I get it we don't wany him injured so let him do <ovf censored> all then he cannot get injured .

Loft 4 for 30 mins he was OK the rest of the time a traffic cone could do more Where's that shot heading after they made it 2-2 Norway .

Lowe 4 really poor did he do anything in midfield role did he pass did he move did he win the ball he did nothing .

Chislett 7 could have had a hat trick shows desire has ability the only shining light for me from starting xl him Walters and Mighten 

Pick your bones out of that Moore and get them them playing a 100 times better

21 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I’m not sure why but I’m feeling more upbeat after watching DM after match interview 

Is this more gallows humour - shed loads of posters were lambasting it last night. Actually I'm going go watch it now 

Right watched it. Mmmm didn't realise we scored 2 goals. But have deffo got a nice warm tingly feeling in me gingangooglywooglies now - oh, hold on, sorry, it's cramp in me groin 🙈🙈🙈

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

My marks 

Ripley 5 should be saving the free kick .

Smith 4 scored a well worked goal then spent the rest of the game hiding as Lopaco was doing all the  work Smith most of time marking fresh air and played his part in there  winner where his slow reactions didn't block the shot him and massey serially do that a good defender blocks the shot take note .

Lopaco 6 headed everything did OK his passing a curved ball up the line leaves a lot to be desired 

Jones 3 was he playing for them and I like him but seemed like he wasn't with it at all 

Massey 3 ran around created bugger all was constantly flapping what's the point in him 

Grant 3 great corner then was not involved in game at all the game bypassed him 

Ojo 3 really poor to let a Cheltenham side dictate the whole game from 30 mins in was absolutely pathetic nothing to suggest he played well he did <ovf censored> all ..

Wilson 2 was he even playing another DC lover by his non performance for the team he supposed be playing for that's 4 of the last 5 I'd mark him. really lowly .

I get it we don't wany him injured so let him do <ovf censored> all then he cannot get injured .

Loft 4 for 30 mins he was OK the rest of the time a traffic cone could do more Where's that shot heading after they made it 2-2 Norway .

Lowe 4 really poor did he do anything in midfield role did he pass did he move did he win the ball he did nothing .

Chislett 7 could have had a hat trick shows desire has ability the only shining light for me from starting xl him Walters and Mighten 

Pick your bones out of that Moore and get them them playing a 100 times better

Devine are you in or out this morning, or do we have to wait until after the Reading game for you to make your latest live sacrificial burning of your season 🎟️ 👍👍👍

15 hours ago, The Master said:

Last time I checked Ollie and Alfie were never a Port vale football club player. They were borrowed.

Ojo? I don’t get him. What does he do?!! No goals in him. No assists in him. Just walks around in the middle of the pitch. Doesn’t protect the back 4. He’s bang average.

Chisnall. Good player. But in our system, the system that Flitcroft controls, he’s trying to hard because of the <ovf censored> around him.

Ripley. Yeah mate. Probably be player of the season. A goalkeeper. Which is so <ovf censored> damning on the rest of them.

Ive heard Flitcroft is approachable any day of the week. If that’s the case I might go up there on Monday and give him a piece of my mind. He’s a disgrace to this club. My club. Our club. Wake the <ovf censored> up. 

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Were you this vocal when we almost got relegated to NL. 

I'm just happy flitcroft has a plan. I don't care if it take 5 years to build a squad and go to the championship. He has a plan to develop the club in all areas. Rather have that than what we were doing before.

6 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Were you this vocal when we almost got relegated to NL. 

I'm just happy flitcroft has a plan. I don't care if it take 5 years to build a squad and go to the championship. He has a plan to develop the club in all areas. Rather have that than what we were doing before.

5 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Port Vale Football Club existed before the current regime, its something Carol and Flitcroft seem to have forgotten. There are different ways to do things, and in our case, maybe it'd be wise to try something different rather than hurtle headlong towards relegation because Flitcroft has introduced "a football plan" that clearly hasn't been working for just over 12 months.

7 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Doesn't protect the back 4? Back 3 mate. Ojo is pretty good no one can deny that. A disgrace to the club? Did you say that were you this vocal when we almost go relegated to NL. 

stevie-wonder-800-97742b2850ae4f6f92e8d1950857800e.jpg

9 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

We've gone nowhere as a club? The investment in the club has been immense. When you spend time at the club in the week like I do the difference around the place is immense. Rome wasn't built in a day. All of those investments that people moan about, the scoreboard, the new suite, the community work- they are all ultimately money spinners (even the community work improves the reputation of the club and attracts new fans- have you noticed how many more families come to Vale now- these kids are the next generation of die hards- essential in this day and age when you can watch any match you want online on a Saturday afternoon) and even the much maligned director of football and sales pitches to players mean our loans are so much better than they used to be. Its all about long term planning. It may not save us this season but it means we will be in a strong position to bounce straight back and push on again. In a way it mirrors people's thinking about the passing it around at the back, sometimes a temporary backwards step is a necessary evil in order to move forward in the long run- case in point- our second goal today. I swear if more people spent their prematch somewhere other than the pub there would be a lot less moaning on a match day and on here.

Amazing. I can’t wait to see what amazing kids we bring in on loan in league 2 and lose in January. 

I can tell you one thing for certain, our football league position will attract / detract fans much more than a bloody scoreboard. Long term planning is all well and good but utterly irrelevant if at the moment we are going backwards. Why make everything ‘championship ready’ when we can’t get the product right on the pitch. I couldn’t care less about a campus, nice scoreboard ect. I care about the football and its dire. 

Investment. Isn’t that the point of owning a football club? To invest? The previous owner also invested in the same way (directors loans). 

Drove to the game yesterday mate so I didn’t spend any time in a pub but thanks for generalising to try and get your point across. Completely sober and just like those who will have had a drink, it was blatantly clear that certain players couldn’t give a <ovf censored> (James Wilson, Connor Grant, Gavin Massey) and we are a league 2 outfit at best. 

Enjoy the nice facilities in league 2 pal. Ridiculous how some prioritise this over the actual football. 

I am not picking out any player, but is Nathan Smith a midfielder? Or Gavin a right back? 

I get the "modern player" and I expect all to work hard as they say, but you put the players where they are best. 

Do we have the squad or right players, that is hopefully for DM and DF, can argue all you like, but they are not on the pitch. DM yes has to pick an 11, but is so obvious where we struggle. 

People moan about Wilson going missing, but he rarely gets any chances in the box, because we lack so much. 

Lack of pace at the back, yes. Able to give the "forwards a decent chance", no. We create nothing and that is all down to the system with players that, and I, could not run 30 yards when some long ball goes gung ho over the top ends in a goal for opp. 

With the 3 at the back, if a so called wingback is up the pitch, our super slow defence gets out of shape and well you know the story easy finish. 

If we look at the squad? Do we have a proper wingback, Jones is a CH, come LB and a Wingback, not his fault. Smith has played all over. Devine was better as a deeper player, I do like Ojo there also, but then that leaves no midfield, because we do not have one. 

Would you trust Gav to track back, again not his fault, rather see him scoring goals 🙂 

We need to simplify the system and do jobs. Remember having a chat with SJR and yeah we did go down a few seasons later, but you have to play to your strengths and the personel available.

I am sure DM will work it out, easy for me to say from a keyboard.

9 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

So gullible. Flitcroft has now clue what so ever. Back in league 2 next season, championship in 5 years is laughable. 

Just now, Brian said:

Just a question after yesterday. We had no fit genuine wingbacks, but we played the system anyway. Why?

Because we actually have no full backs at the club either. The nearest we have is Mitch Clark. If we switched to four at the back we'd end up with Lowe or Sang at right back and Grant or (God help us) Jones at left back.

Shorrock is a winger converted into a wing back. All our other "wing backs" are wingers or midfielders.

Its actually hilarious that Flitcroft has tried to say our recruitment has been good but failed to address that we play this system without having half the players capable of actually doing it!

Archived