onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Get your head out of your arse. Okay we'll do what them lot down the road do then, sack the manager every five minutes with no long term plan or strategy because its working so well for them. I suppose you were one of the pathetic individuals who booed at the end. No scrap that, you probably spent the afternoon on here moaning about a game you didn't even watch. If you want to support a team that wins every week <ovf censored> off up the M6 and go watch Man City, meanwhile us who live in the real world will applaud our team when they put in a bloody good shift and narrowly lose a very good game of football due to 2 worldies and a dodgy ref.

We spent the last 60 mins trying defend .

What's the point in that when first 30 chislett could have had a hat trick 

It wasn't a bloody good game we were downright rubbish 

Vale will have no support left at this rate .

If fans are happy with that today they may aswell be ready for ryman league cause that's where we heading unless DM can turn losers into winners Clark Crosby Moore all making excuses up for these players that yesterday was as bad as Fleetwood away if not worse the way we caved in from 2-1 ahead was a massive embarrassment not that we deserved go 2-1 up as that was the only time e we ventured into there area .

We not just talking losers we talking serial losers .

I'm not surprised we are rubbish really Nathan Smith Captain says it all a Stoke fan centre of defence for what use he is he may as well stand there singing delilah .

Folk are sick of watching half hearted crap I'm.sure at Vale there shirts are as clean as when they entered the field .

No commitment. 

No work ethic

No pride in the shirt

What's with the long ball crap the only few minutes after initial 30 minutes when we should have scored more than 1 did we look any good when young Walters come on and showed responsibility and passed the flaming thing .

Crap crap crap .

We will go down and he need clear a lot of these players out .

How can we be worse than the Bruno experiment at least we went to the games and had a few characters in our team 

Where's the character in this bunch .

Chislett Ripley Garrity Plant .

What the rest playing at 

Advert

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

We spent the last 60 mins trying defend .

What's the point in that when first 30 chislett could have had a hat trick 

It wasn't a bloody good game we were downright rubbish 

Vale will have no support left at this rate .

If fans are happy with that today they may aswell be ready for ryman league cause that's where we heading unless DM can turn losers into winners Clark Crosby Moore all making excuses up for these players that yesterday was as bad as Fleetwood away if not worse the way we caved in from 2-1 ahead was a massive embarrassment not that we deserved go 2-1 up as that was the only time e we ventured into there area .

We not just talking losers we talking serial losers .

I'm not surprised we are rubbish really Nathan Smith Captain says it all a Stoke fan centre of defence for what use he is he may as well stand there singing delilah .

Folk are sick of watching half hearted crap I'm.sure at Vale there shirts are as clean as when they entered the field .

No commitment. 

No work ethic

No pride in the shirt

What's with the long ball crap the only few minutes after initial 30 minutes when we should have scored more than 1 did we look any good when young Walters come on and showed responsibility and passed the flaming thing .

Crap crap crap .

We will go down and he need clear a lot of these players out .

How can we be worse than the Bruno experiment at least we went to the games and had a few characters in our team 

Where's the character in this bunch .

Chislett Ripley Garrity Plant .

What the rest playing at 

So, you still not going again Devine/BW/VFIA - why don't you put your season ticket on ebay - I'm sure Nathan Smith will be bidding on it 👍👍👍

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

12 games 

Not a prayer we getting anything at Derby Posh or Bolton. Bellies tickled job. 

Would be typical vale to pick something up at one of those games though mate & get turned over at vale park against fleetwood 😟

5 hours ago, Valiiant said:

That was in a league below though. He played well today, I don't know how he's been doing for Cheltenham in general. I was surprised we didn't try to keep him though, even just as a squad player.

He’s been doing the exact same at Cheltenham mate. Week in week out solid performances 

5 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Get your head out of your arse. Okay we'll do what them lot down the road do then, sack the manager every five minutes with no long term plan or strategy because its working so well for them. I suppose you were one of the pathetic individuals who booed at the end. No scrap that, you probably spent the afternoon on here moaning about a game you didn't even watch. If you want to support a team that wins every week <ovf censored> off up the M6 and go watch Man City, meanwhile us who live in the real world will applaud our team when they put in a bloody good shift and narrowly lose a very good game of football due to 2 worldies and a dodgy ref.

Dear me!

DC showed what can be done with players who are motivated, organised and aggressive in a short space of time. We are the complete opposite to this, if DM can instill this until the end of the season it gives hope for whatever division we are in for next season.

Just now, Alfie1962 said:

DC showed what can be done with players who are motivated, organised and aggressive in a short space of time. We are the complete opposite to this, if DM can instill this until the end of the season it gives hope for whatever division we are in for next season.

DC is a great man. Superb. Up the Dazzler.

10 minutes ago, Rory said:

Vale were rubbish.

I think the players might still be sulking about Crosby, but they need to snap out of it. It does make you wonder.

Who were they sulking over during crosbys tenure? They just aren’t good enough at the end of the day & there’s no characters in this squad to stand up & be counted in a relegation scrap! 

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

We've gone nowhere as a club? The investment in the club has been immense. When you spend time at the club in the week like I do the difference around the place is immense. Rome wasn't built in a day. All of those investments that people moan about, the scoreboard, the new suite, the community work- they are all ultimately money spinners (even the community work improves the reputation of the club and attracts new fans- have you noticed how many more families come to Vale now- these kids are the next generation of die hards- essential in this day and age when you can watch any match you want online on a Saturday afternoon) and even the much maligned director of football and sales pitches to players mean our loans are so much better than they used to be. Its all about long term planning. It may not save us this season but it means we will be in a strong position to bounce straight back and push on again. In a way it mirrors people's thinking about the passing it around at the back, sometimes a temporary backwards step is a necessary evil in order to move forward in the long run- case in point- our second goal today. I swear if more people spent their prematch somewhere other than the pub there would be a lot less moaning on a match day and on here.

With you all the way Fuzzy mate, it was two days and a match, these five minute vale fans can always Bug'erOff and find something else to persistently moan about, well said, let's have some inspiration to achieve and encouragement, things will improve without doubt.

I thought we started that relatively well and carved out the better chances. 

As soon as we scored though we seemed to be in a never ending pattern of defending freekicks from out wide. 

Say what you like about Cheltenham but they were committed and had a game plan (even if it is lump enough into the box and eventually the ball will drop kindly).

My big worry is that we didn't seem to have the football intelligence to stop it happening. It was obvious the ref was gonna keep letting them have those freekicks.

We are badly in need of a bit of grit. Looking forward for garrity and clark to return.

I think we lose Tuesday. So the two home games are the ones that I think will put us back out of the drop zone or it will probably take us down. That’s how important the two games are in my eyes. 6 points are needed from these three games minimum for me. If we can’t beat Lincoln and fleetwood at home whilst in a relegation battle then we don’t deserve to stay up. Another week with the manager so let’s see what we can produce. The serious lack of fight yesterday was a big worry for me. Usually you see a new manager in charge and players run and tackle all day long for him. Not yesterday. If you closed your eyes yesterday you’d have put money on Crosby was still in charge. Nothing changed at all. I accept the players aren’t good enough to survive but I did expect to see some urgency and fight but none of that was seen. If we can get 6 points out the next three games then we will be out the bottom 4 and we’re back alive and fighting with a good chance of staying up. Huge 10 days coming up. 

if we are to be relegated it’ll be horrible back in that league. Fans will lose interest and we will be back to 4,300 gates with 150 away fans as the norm in a huge stadium with no atmosphere at all. We will lose out on sold out away ends from possibly Stockport Sheffield derby Wrexham and probably something in the region of £300k.
It’ll be a huge financial blow which will impact another budget and then squad will be weaker again. We won’t get these England u20 loans in that league. The clubs a mess at the moment and can’t see it getting any better anytime soon, sadly. If we are to continue the role of a DOF then since back in league one we nearly went down with a game to go and we will go down this year so you can’t tell me Flitcroft has been good enough to carry on in this role. He has to go and we bring someone else in surely. Carol open your eyes please! I’m sure you’ll be well aware of this next season when you’re sitting in your posh seat with 4,000 fans in attendance. 

Main issue with me and has been all season. Do the players actually know what their role is in the team. Injuries, cause issues and (suspensions/resting if needed). But...

We have moved the whole back line around, nearly every other game.  Midfield lacks aggression. Plant, Walters, Devine, Arblaster. Who all should have great careers, cannot be put through the pressure that they have had to do, in a struggling team. 

We tried 1 up front. But OG apart from Ben is our top scorer.

Love Ripley as a keeper, but we dont have Beckenbauer, so the slow approach from him relying on our defenders, asks for trouble.

But looking at the team/squad and the way we look to be moving to youth, again a good thing. 

I do not like versatile footballers, perhaps we do not have the budget, but I want players to do the job, I understand they need to be "flexible", but those type of players cost £millions. 

Cheltenham moved the ball, had runners and used the wind and pressure on us, that does not cost money.

I have seen us for many a year and even though I may be a member of the HC, seen it all 🫠 and have Vale blood, losing becomes a habit.

Anyway, getting upset or angry wont help, may help me, but lets build for Tuesday. 

UTV 

Lapsed Happy Clapper Post Incoming

someone said earlier - have we seen 4 worse teams than us this season - I don't honestly think iv seen one worse team than us. From my (increasingly poor) memory, other than our honeymoon period in August, every time we have come up against a team below us, we have managed to make them look reasonable mid table outfits. 

Thinking ahead, so if we go down this season and DM manages to miraculously bounce us straight back up - would that count as promotion a year too early (again) 🫡🫡🫡🫡

Archived