onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

22 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Ripley is an arrogant tosser and isn't half as good as he believes he is in his own head. Another failure I look forward to seeing the back of.

I think he’s a decent keeper personally. A step ahead of what we had last season, is he as good as some of the keepers we have had in the past? No. But he’s decent enough and the least of our problems

• Like 3

Advert

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think he’s a decent keeper personally. A step ahead of what we had last season, is he as good as some of the keepers we have had in the past? No. But he’s decent enough and the least of our problems

Still not as good as he thinks he is or some fans think he is. He's one of the better ones of a truly dreadful bunch.

• Like 2

Does Moore really think he can win 4 home games in a row with that side I watched last night .

I will be astonished if wins 1 if thats the kind of application put in from his players 

He as had long enough now to be getting a better tune out of them .

I don't get the mentality though it's really poor and the set up last night was absurd as no-one was putting pressure on there back line and Lowe Smith and Icavetti between them were marking 1 player .

It was absolutely tactically clueless throughout from Moore .

However did he get 90 odd points with Sheffield Wed .

How many away games is that we haven't scored in .

He's too negative .

I think Will Ryder had of done a better job .

If we relegated out of this terrible league he wants f--king off .

What is it 2 wins in 20 hardly a inspiring appointment is he .

I've booked sat night off watch Vale sat afternoon I'm not sure I can be bothered watch a team of bottle jobs 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
15 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:
Oh yeah , The guys earning thousands of pounds a week and you feel sorry for him are you winding me up do me a favour he's a professional footballer get out there and do the job to the best of your ability don't be a sulking waye of space, jeez emoji51.png

If a sex trafficker gave you £20 million but took your daughter I suppose you would be happy because your bank balance looked good?

That's got to be one of the most brain dead  posts I've seen you're either one twisted individual or you're a f###### idiot or both

1 hour ago, Smugsy said:

First things first Peterborough are the best team I've seen this season and the left side of Burrow and Mason Clark will give better sides than us problems but we didn't really give ourselves a chance last night. Plant did his best but it was clear from the first five minutes that we'd have problems down that side and we did nothing to combat it. We didn't change formation to combat their wide play and it was just a matter of time before they scored. I know their goals came via a deflection, a penalty and an own goal but your glass is more than half full if you think we were unlucky in any shape or form. We treated the game like a free hit and have placed all our hopes on the home games. Hopefully it'll be a successful tactic.

That’s my view although I’m not sure about the “free hit” bit.  Posh were on a different level with and without the ball, quicker and sharper all over the pitch.  We simply couldn’t cope.  When we won the ball they won it back with too much ease.  The only positive was we didn’t lose by more.  I was truly worried when I saw our team.  The whole thing highlighting again just how dire our recruitment has been.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Vtid said:

Think most are expecting a loss so a point would be a great result. 1-0 defeat wouldn’t be the end of the world. 2 wins & a draw from our home games may be enough 🙏🏻 

You're more optimistic than me...

• Like 1

ooo where do I start...

Firstly last night doesn't change a great deal in terms of how we were before hand regards safety, it was always a 1 in 6 chance maybe of a result and most had written that one off... the same requirements for safety still exist we just didn't get the unlikely bonus so any fans screaming "we are down!" for example probably need to relax a little at this point.

But I was frustrated massively with last night in the manner we lost it, had we had a go, lost 3-0 due to their quality I would probably have been non fussed about it, they have some real quality and that was evident but to go to Peterborough United, a fellow LEAGUE ONE side who themselves hadn't been in stellar form and lost at home to Carlisle and set up more negatively than we did as a L2 side at the Etihad was absolutely embarrassing. We can't defend very well so it was always going to end one way. Why not press them? Get in their faces and have a go? Fans paid good money to travel for that, I felt mugged having paid a tenner to watch ifollow. Carlisle scored 3 there so guessing they didnt park the bus, they had 12 shots, 5 on target there and still had enough about them to limit them to 2 on target so no excuse to set up like San Marino, we've bottled that from the start and as good as they were its was easy when your under zero pressure.

Why did we think it wise to play the slowest back line we could muster against their pace? Plant was hung out to dry, a kid out of position against the best wide man in the division.

Walters was dreadful as well, he has huge potential but was out his depth last night.

Felt like we had written it off with Saturday/Tuesday in mind... a gamble that, but best see a response to show it was the right decision.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DazFred said:

You're more optimistic than me...

I just fancy us at home end of the season with the crowd behind us to pull a couple of wins out the bag mate. People are doom & gloom when we’re only in the relegation zone due to goal difference, we’re not 3-4 points from safety. We simply just need to better burton & cheltenhams points tally from now until close of season which I think we will. Survival won’t be solely down to us but also the teams around us being just as bad 😅

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Plant is good. Appreciate he got completely rinsed by the leagues best winger and leagues best left back last night, but also in many instances won the ball and actually got some decent crosses in when he had the chance. Apart from that garrity volley, the only other bits of quality in the entire game from us came from plant.

We all dream of a team full of Garrity's but my second dream would be a team full of Plants.

I don’t disagree with anything you have said Hitcher.

My argument is Plant along with the other lads are not 1st team ready. Some of the comments I read about him and Walters, Shorrock & Dipepa it’s like fans expect them to be dependable 1st team L1 players and my point is they are simply not. 1st year and 2nd year pros. Fans forget that, I suppose that’s because the state of the squad.

Highlights the flawed strategy of the season by the club.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 3

I can see why Moore went with the tactics he did. As he could not see us beating them by going for it. Unfortunately it resulted in us hardly putting a glove on them, making us probably look worse than had he played a more attacking line up. Actually not probably but did. However bar for some rotten luck it could have come close to getting us a point. Yes I know they missed chances, but that's their problem.
The first goal to come seconds before half time, from two deflections, was awful luck. Timing could not have been worse. The penalty was Needless. Then an own goal for the third. I'm not saying if not for those we would have got a point. But for some awful luck, we could have come close. I know to watch it was awful, but to try and get that point, it was the only way to set up, with players we had. It didn't work out, as once we went behind we don't have the quality to overturn that sort of team. No need to go on about what Carlisle did. I would guess that was a bad day at the office and a weakened team.
I expected us to get beat by Peterborough. What I did not expect was Carlisle to beat Cheltenham. So we are still better off than I expected.
After that performance I feel the players will be strongly motivated for Exeter. Just need the Gas to get their players off the beach in Magaluff.
We do have a tougher run in than Cheltenham. But the do seem to have gone to pieces lately.
So still hope.
Apologies for babbling on so much. Just hit a bored moment in the day.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

I can see why Moore went with the tactics he did. As he could not see us beating them by going for it. Unfortunately it resulted in us hardly putting a glove on them, making us probably look worse than had he played a more attacking line up. Actually not probably but did. However bar for some rotten luck it could have come close to getting us a point. Yes I know they missed chances, but that's their problem.
The first goal to come seconds before half time, from two deflections, was awful luck. Timing could not have been worse. The penalty was Needless. Then an own goal for the third. I'm not saying if not for those we would have got a point. But for some awful luck, we could have come close. I know to watch it was awful, but to try and get that point, it was the only way to set up, with players we had. It didn't work out, as once we went behind we don't have the quality to overturn that sort of team. No need to go on about what Carlisle did. I would guess that was a bad day at the office and a weakened team.
I expected us to get beat by Peterborough. What I did not expect was Carlisle to beat Cheltenham. So we are still better off than I expected.
After that performance I feel the players will be strongly motivated for Exeter. Just need the Gas to get their players off the beach in Magaluff.
We do have a tougher run in than Cheltenham. But the do seem to have gone to pieces lately.
So still hope.
Apologies for babbling on so much. Just hit a bored moment in the day.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Its mad with how wasteful they are JCH is on the bench for them! Imagine Poku - JCH - Mason-Clark as a front 3!

As dominant as they were the one blot would be as you say it needed us to stick the ball in the net for them (twice) and give a silly needless pen away.

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Ah yes, "shooting from the hip" - another tired cliche used by people who don't know what to say to explain themselves, but want to sound relevant and with it.  Don't confuse "burying my head in the sand" with me taking a less reactionary and more moderate stance on the Vale than you, though it's an easy mistake to make for an idiot.  What is it that you see with your head out of the sand, you <ovf censored>? Your response to everything seems to run to the extreme immediately, which is simply attention seeking garbage.  Another meaningless cliche - "cloud cuckoo land" - I suspect you don't even know what you mean by that either, but it's just a way of trying to put you "in the real world" and diminish the opinion of "happy clappers" as you term them, ie the fans who refuse to join you in going ballistic when things go wrong, and discuss things reasonably without shouting.  

Keep crying the tears of a clown Nappy Soiler, and watch how many people can't be bothered with your negativity and crass opinions.  I'll continue to support the Vale my way, and leave you to your cliches and your multiple emojis, you one trick keyboard plonker.  I'll leave you to get back to your crayoning and cliche collection.

I'll leave you to bury you're head in the sand 😂😂

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

He's good at shot stopper but thinks he can piss about being franz beckenbaur as well

He's a keeper not a sweeper