onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

Advert

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Do you think had we done that we'd of held out in the 2nd half ?

The odds would have been against it, just as they would have been against getting to half-time at 0-0.

But it was exactly the right plan against a high-flying Peterborough side.

Darren Moore has shown a really pragmatic approach.

Playing more openly against sides we can potentially beat, given our side's current stage of development under Darren.

And playing it really tight against sides which are clearly a lot better than us - trying to force a draw or even a spawny win on a late breakaway.

But if that doesn't work, at least not letting the GD be hammered.

Excellent football management, working with what he has got.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alan Vit said:

The odds would have been against it, just as they would have been against getting to half-time at 0-0.

Playing more openly against sides we can potentially beat, given our side's current stage of development under Darren.

And playing it really tight against sides which are clearly a lot better than us - trying to force a draw or even a spawny win on a late breakaway.

So glad you joined this forum Alan, hasn’t been this entertaining since RobbieEarleSperm.

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I haven’t seen the game. Did the Peterborough players not look tired having played on Sunday.?

They were out on their feet. Tired, drink weary. 

Thankfully for us. Otherwise it might of been a Barnsley job. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Yes I thought the team selection was fantastic management. What genius to select Jason Lowe, Rhys Walters, Connor Grant, Gavin Massey and Ryan Loft all in the same 11. Only thing he could have done better was start Dan Jones as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Alan, Carlisle went there and thumped them. So how bad are we if that’s DM’s tactics. We just don’t turn up to any games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

You've already judged him, you called him a promising new signing without much tangible evidence.

Spinning a short term inexperienced signing in April as "And Carol has once again shown her financial commitment" when we've just ballsed up ANOTHER January window is a bit desperate mate. Penny wise pound foolish always ends up the same way.

As opposed to judging him when you have never seen him play.

I think that Deklan Wynne is "a promising new signing" because -

1. I respect the judgement of Darren Moore and his highly experienced coaching staff who thought he was worth a trial and then on the basis of that thought he was worth a short-term contract as a longer trial.

2. He is not inexperienced, he has played c. 200 professional games and he has 24 international caps at the different NZ team age groups.

Please try to be a bit more positive to help the Vale progress.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They were out on their feet. Tired, drink weary. 

Thankfully for us. Otherwise it might of been a Barnsley job. 

It was at times unbelievable how much respect we gave them there centre half's charging up the field playing give and goes .

They only way you beat teams like that is high press I really didn't understand why we kept letting them pass to poku and lad from Barnet all night it truly was a freak goal there first after that it was how many such were how woeful we were 

We must have played at Wembley on Mon and Tues judging by how slow and lethargic we were .

I watched that Fleetwood game it was worse than that and that's saying something .

Loft offered nothing and if he is the first line of defence its no wonder teams get out so easily .

Too many players hid tonight .

I don't care if Peterborough are a good side which they are but if you allow teams play you get what you deserve .

Quite frankly at times second half I thought we would lose 6 or 7

That in itself is a massive disrespect to every paying follower /supporter tonight .

It was embarrassingly bad .

Why did we not play like a team who want to get out of the relegation zone ?

We didn't we played like a team who were told its OK if get relegated and Crawley bring 30 fans

Seemed like it to me 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

Carol take a look at Posh players.  This is proper recruitment and a club that is championship ready. Yes they have paid high wages, but you get what you pay for. 

We are not even 1st div or 2nd div ready with this bunch of players.

Their 800k star Clarke Harris was sat on the bench having a rest. Carol won’t take a look at anything that requires spending money. She thinks we should all be grateful for a few seasons in the third division. 

Bizarre, as Peterborough are barely a bigger club than us really. A club shop barely bigger than a toilet cubicle and aside from their new unused stand, pretty ropey facilities. Yet, the signings keep coming and god what a player that Mason Clarke is. Remember the good old days at Vale when we had lightening fast wingers like guppy? Peterborough did just that. 

I know they carry some debt, but I wouldn’t be bothered about a mere £8 million of it if the club got promoted to the Champ, that would easily get wiped out in a season given the gulf in revenue potential. 

We seem to be just using the minimum we can get away with. Although again, signing a left back who has not played since October and never in English football today can only ever be a desperate waste of money. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

“If we lose I don’t mind”

Kindly <ovf censored> off.

Whoever you are, you certainly aren’t a Vale supporter.

He actually has a point. This season comes down to how we perform in the 3 home games. Bolton and Peterborough were/ are free hits. Lose Saturday I'll be despondent.  Never expected much last night, just as well as we delivered little. Bigger issue than the result was Ojo going off. If he's out for the season we will go down.

6 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

It was at times unbelievable how much respect we gave them there centre half's charging up the field playing give and goes .

They only way you beat teams like that is high press I really didn't understand why we kept letting them pass to poku and lad from Barnet all night it truly was a freak goal there first after that it was how many such were how woeful we were 

We must have played at Wembley on Mon and Tues judging by how slow and lethargic we were .

I watched that Fleetwood game it was worse than that and that's saying something .

Loft offered nothing and if he is the first line of defence its no wonder teams get out so easily .

Too many players hid tonight .

I don't care if Peterborough are a good side which they are but if you allow teams play you get what you deserve .

Quite frankly at times second half I thought we would lose 6 or 7

That in itself is a massive disrespect to every paying follower /supporter tonight .

It was embarrassingly bad .

Why did we not play like a team who want to get out of the relegation zone ?

We didn't we played like a team who were told its OK if get relegated and Crawley bring 30 fans

Seemed like it to me 

Indeed. That was the saddest bit. Nobody seemed bothered. Moore’s tactics were basically to replace Loft from running around aimlessly with Uche. Both totally had to impact on the game. Nobody dared make a challenge or disrupt their rhythm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

He actually has a point. This season comes down to how we perform in the 3 home games. Bolton and Peterborough were/ are free hits. Lose Saturday I'll be despondent.  Never expected much last night, just as well as we delivered little. Bigger issue than the result was Ojo going off. If he's out for the season we will go down.

They were free hits, but we didn’t come close to landing a hit. Agree about Ojo, big worry. 

• Like 1