onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

“During the pandemic we delivered over half a million meals to local families across Stoke-on-Trent who were trapped in their homes, not because it was easy but because it was the right thing for us to do.”

Please enlighten me on the relevance of this for the current dreadful football and poor decision making? 

I’m glad Carol pointed that out I would never have known. Never seen it mentioned anywhere.

When will Carol realise everything starts on the pitch and you use that as your vehicle to do your projects not the other way round.

Advert

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

'criticism = abuse'

I was even handed I think in my post a few pages back, but to put it a bit more strongly, this idea that criticism = abuse coming from the open letter, plus the appeals to irrelevant factors outside the concerns being raised is just textbook gaslighting. 

People should be able to raise their points of view without being emotionally blackmailed over past glories when we all just want what's best for the club.

I'd agree with others who think this open letter is just the start and something that will later be regretted. Listening is not always about doing what we want, but point blank ignoring the concerns is just making it worse, IMO. 

Again - bloody well hope the manager is appointed soon and it starts to turn us around.

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

A point raised by DC was that constantly using the club dressing room means it loses its special appeal come a Saturday

Was it raised by DC? I'm pretty certain it's a Flitcroftism.

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Are you being serious?

If we want to attract players then training facilities are one of the  things they think about. Our training pitches are heavy and need redoing so as to minimise injuries and to enable us to have decent sessions. A point raised by DC was that constantly using the club dressing room means it loses its special appeal come a Saturday, that’s why separate dressing rooms and new gym facilities are needed separate to the ground, a proper training complex if you like. 

I always find money tends to do a fine job attracting players. 

1 minute ago, NW9Valiant said:

I was even handed I think in my post a few pages back, but to put it a bit more strongly, this idea that criticism = abuse coming from the open letter, plus the appeals to irrelevant factors outside the concerns being raised is just textbook gaslighting. 

People should be able to raise their points of view without being emotionally blackmailed over past glories when we all just want what's best for the club.

I'd agree with others who think this open letter is just the start and something that will later be regretted. Listening is not always about doing what we want, but point blank ignoring the concerns is just making it worse, IMO. 

Again - bloody well hope the manager is appointed soon and it starts to turn us around.

"The personal attacks have to stop"

What did she mean by this? Don't chant 'David Flitcroft, get out of our club"? That isn't abusive  or personal in the slightest.

There's some stronger stuff posted online but if she's wasting her time scrolling Twitter looking for Flickers hate then she needs to get a grip.

17 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think the comments towards hospitality is to do with the fact a lot of the clubs publicity is towards the new robbie suite while they are all up in there swanky conditions us commoners dont have a pot to piss in

The RW suite et al actually operates as a revenue earner for the club. 

Part of that profit is going to pay for you to have a pot to piss in!

Having supported the Vale since 1957/58 I do understand, believe you me, how poor the facilities in Bycars, Railway and now even Hamil are.

The ironic thing is Carol is being criticised for spending too much money on improving the infrastructure.

I am just wanting to point out that we are all Vale fans and just because we sit in a hospitality area (for which we pay approx £1,000 and more for a ST) doesn't mean we don't 'hurt' just like all other fans.

Just now, TJHValiant said:

I always find money tends to do a fine job attracting players. 

It's pretty much the only factor. The rest is all flim-flam.

T-zones, campuses, presentations - the players are rightly looking to maximise their earnings in a painfully short career.

There is no doubt what the owners have done for the club and I don't think that is in question.  But 2 things stand out for me.

1.  Running a football club is a business.  Profit and loss accounts, nett profit, gross margin etc etc etc.  To gain revenue you need to be successful on the pitch which gets fans through the gates and revenue is generated.  Lack of success on the pitch causes revenues to drop at our level.  Generally, a good, capable squad of players delivers.  Success on the pitch is paramount and correct recruitment is pivotal which has not happened.

2.  The worst thing that Carol talked about was "Championship Ready" which sets a high expectation and when that expectation is not met people lose faith very quickly and the rumblings begin.  What she should have said was something completely different.  Never over promise and under achieve always under promise and over achieve then expectations are met.  Everybody should have a vision / stretch target but be careful how you communicate it.

I hope something is done quickly, L2 will be a disaster for revenue and trust in the owners.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

"The personal attacks have to stop"

What did she mean by this? Don't chant 'David Flitcroft, get out of our club"? That isn't abusive  or personal in the slightest.

There's some stronger stuff posted online but if she's wasting her time scrolling Twitter looking for Flickers hate then she needs to get a grip.

She was getting tagged in by a few loose lids 

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Not if it neglects the quality of player we bring in we don’t 

It's a long term investment allowing the team to train hard in the summer and during the week etc. We are getting ahead of our selves. Because we have a plan and we came up to league1  3 years early the facilities that were supposed to be ready for league 1 are not ready yet. So we need to ballance cash out between facilities and players. Just to be clear if these facilities weren't getting built we would have no chance of getting into the championship with the small budget we would have in comparison to other teams. So we need the facilities to get are players better and move players on for more money.

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Having supported the Vale since 1957/58 I do understand, believe you me, how poor the facilities in Bycars, Railway and now even Hamil are.

The ironic thing is Carol is being criticised for spending too much money on improving the infrastructure.

I am just wanting to point out that we are all Vale fans and just because we sit in a hospitality area (for which we pay approx £1,000 and more for a ST) doesn't mean we don't 'hurt' just like all other fans.

I wasnt saying its my view point im just saying thats how some fans feel

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

If u do well enough in life to justify the extra money u put into the club by watching from upstairs then good luck to u all 

I want to take this opportunity to apologise if I’ve offended anyone or spoke to them in an unnecessary way. Tensions are high, I’m angry & im a bit emotional with it all to be honest. The club I have supported from a 10 year old kid up & down the country is on the verge of relegation & were stuck with a DoF that I think the majority can agree is taking us in one direction. People have their own opinions, values & debates will occur. Words will get said that are inappropriate & I hold my hands up to some of that which isn’t right at the end of the day. It’s because we all care. We care about this club a hell of a lot more than some! I just pray Carol has the money & is willing to invest in an experienced manager. No coach or wannabe manager is getting this squad out of this mess. 

6 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Sometimes we haven't even got a pot to piss in

Archived