onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

We dont know if its because of the budget. If Carol has outlined a target he is going to try and meat them. So far he has.

Another point I’m happy to agree with but we don’t know because nobody has said. that’s why we’re frustrated no mention of the budget etc if Flitcroft hasn’t been backed he can’t do much can he & then it’s on Carol or he’s had a budget & wasted most of it 🤷‍♂️ No mention of the poor transfer window etc etc just community & facilities. Stuff we already know about because they never stop banging on about it 

Advert

It’s all well and good listing the clubs “achievements” since they took over. For which fans are grateful for. But we don’t need reminding of it and for that to be seemingly used as something to try make us feel guilty about for daring to question what’s going on. But what’s neglected in that letter is matters on the pitch,  this is the here and now and we are a club in danger of being relegated. We have just come out of our second successive January weaker than when we went into it and we have also sacked our manager straight after the window yet again.  As chair of the club they have to take the rough with the smooth, it’s not always going to go well and it’s very easy to walk on the pitch smiling and waving when things are good. They have to put this right and seeing as Flitcroft is in charge of all matters on the pitch then who else should be vented at?  Dare I say that the people at the top could have taken their eye off the ball whilst concentrating on everything else around the team.  

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

FGS get real, I'm not asking you nor anyone else to do that! We're all frustrated at the on-field performances, but there is much to admire and be thankful for all the overall improvements made to the club in a relatively short time. 

Probably wasting my time, but what I'm saying is that should the Shanahans decide it's not worth the aggro (and I, for one, wouldn't blame them) we really will be in soft stuff! 

Bb, there has been very little “aggro” directed towards the Shanahans. However if she’s going to publish condescending letters addressed to vale fans where she is as good as saying we don’t know what we’re talking about and don’t appreciate the good work that’s been done, then I’m afraid some people, who put hundreds of pounds into the club, will take offence and defend their right to have an opinion on DF.

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Another point I’m happy to agree with but we don’t know because nobody has said. that’s why we’re frustrated no mention of the budget etc if Flitcroft hasn’t been backed he can’t do much can he & then it’s on Carol or he’s had a budget & wasted most of it 🤷‍♂️ No mention of the poor transfer window etc etc just community & facilities. Stuff we already know about because they never stop banging on about it 

That's why I said the club needs to be more transparent. We need facilities 

5 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Elaborate.

I guess it depends on our definition of 'hobnobbing', but I'll go with the Google defintion of: mix socially, especially with those of perceived higher social status.

Within the last 2 weeks, they had a top-secret Robbie Williams event, privately emailed out to box-holders or certain branches of hospitality. They were asked for their number plate, and once all the cars were inside, they locked the gates to the car park. No open invite. No tickets. No random ballot. Select few, hush hush, don't tell the plebs.

Hob-nobbing with a pop star who hasn't been seen for years, whilst on the other side of the ground there's pensioners walking across a car park to a portaloo.

If, in the coming days, we don't fall into the tedious 'criticism = abuse' equation, then that would make things easier.

Abuse wrong, and I'm not sure I've seen anyone do it bar one. I'll call it out wholeheartedly if I see it.

Criticism is fair, considering results, performances, and this absolute disaster in communications.

10 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Nippy mate honestly your stuck in the past. Back then that was how the game was. The games different today. 20 years ago them facilities were considered modern. Today they would be prehistoric.

My Point is what's the point of having state of the art training facilities when the majority of the players we have are of  league two standard  

Money would be better spent on better players , The product on the pitch is  the most important part of any football club it's what gets fans coming through the turnstiles 

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

My Point is what's the point of having state of the art training facilities when the majority of the players we have are of  league two standard  

Are you being serious?

If we want to attract players then training facilities are one of the  things they think about. Our training pitches are heavy and need redoing so as to minimise injuries and to enable us to have decent sessions. A point raised by DC was that constantly using the club dressing room means it loses its special appeal come a Saturday, that’s why separate dressing rooms and new gym facilities are needed separate to the ground, a proper training complex if you like. 

The most revealing statement in the letter for me is the revelation that the Shanahan's are not lifelong Port Vale fans. They did not get involved in Vale until after they had founded and established their business.

I always thought a true fan was  a fan from an early age.

Ms Shanahan and her husband only forged a relationship with the club after their business moved next door.

Call me cynical?

33 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

You won't get any product on the pitch without all of that. Yes I love to watch goodfootball but you won't get any with no training ground or bad facilities etc

I wonder how many T-Zones and ice baths there are at Cambridge, Burton and Bristol Rovers etc. 

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The most revealing statement in the letter for me is the revelation that the Shanahan's are not lifelong Port Vale fans. They did not get involved in Vale until after they had founded and established their business.

I always thought a true fan was  a fan from an early age.

Ms Shanahan and her husband only forged a relationship with the club after their business moved next door.

Call me cynical?

Hi Cynical…… sorry just trying to lighten the mood a little 🙃

5 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I guess it depends on our definition of 'hobnobbing', but I'll go with the Google defintion of: mix socially, especially with those of perceived higher social status.

Within the last 2 weeks, they had a top-secret Robbie Williams event, privately emailed out to box-holders or certain branches of hospitality. They were asked for their number plate, and once all the cars were inside, they locked the gates to the car park. No open invite. No tickets. No random ballot. Select few, hush hush, don't tell the plebs.

Hob-nobbing with a pop star who hasn't been seen for years, whilst on the other side of the ground there's pensioners walking across a car park to a portaloo.

That’s probably more to with Robbie Williams security 

What car park?

4 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

It says we planned to go up to L1 in 3 or 5 years. This would have given time to get facilities ready. We went up in 1 year of Flitcroft taking over. We are ahead of schedule.

That’s her and Flitcroft’s opinion. At the time we had been in league 2/4th division level for a period longer than at any point in our history. 

4th division football should never be acceptable for Vale. So it speaks volumes that she thinks it is. We were only at the bottom of the 4th division because of the worst owner in our history previously. 

We have shown when the fans and owner are United, we are never, ever a league 2 club. 

What facilities need to be ready for League 1 football over league 2? The club already met the requirements for the division. It is simply bull to suggest we went up too soon. 

Going down to league 2 again will put us behind any unambiguous schedule like that anyway. 

Archived