onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

5 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

20 years ago smart ars. Once again you have come out with another stupid comment. You wonder why we haven't done anything for 20 years. We went up to league 1 splashed the cash and look we went into administration. How can you be so stupid. This time we are trying to go further than league 1. That once again we haven't done for over 20 years

When Rudgie was manager look what he achieved without new training facilities 

We don't need new training facilities 

We need a squad of quality footballers 

An experienced manager 

And Flitcroft binned off 

• Like 6

Like the letter and respect what is said. Big respect for Carol for communicating too, she doesn’t have too.  

There is one simple solution though and one statement that will mend some of the issues we currently face. Appoint a strong manager. Someone who will get an extra 20-30% out of players. But most importantly someone who will challenge DF. Do that and I think you win back some of the respect. Appoint what will be deemed another Crosby yes man and I really do fear for us. 

Just because we have a DOF shouldn’t mean that we appoint someone that won’t challenge all things football and be banging down DF’s door when things aren’t going right demanding better. Have to create that environment where everyone challenges everyone to be better which I don’t think we have currently in the club from first team right the way through. We hear it so often how nice we are. Well we don’t want to be nice and equally we don’t want to be horrible but we have ri be competitive and I think that lies somewhere between the two. We had it in abundance when we got promoted and coincidentally it only seemed to wain once Clarke began to become withdrawn while dealing with some truly horrific circumstances that no farther should ever have to deal with. We will never know but I’m not having that a fully focused Clarke would have allowed DF off so lightly as Crosby may have done. 

So come on vale grow some for a change and restore some pride!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vtid said:

Listen I don’t know you but carry on speaking to me like a knob head and I soon will. My point being we’ve had good teams before without all this fancy stuff the owners are so set on sorting as a priority. Trying to go further? By recruitment players who are league 2 standard? all on Flitcroft these are his players. like someone has mentioned we played good football under Micky Adams with the basics. we need decent players but have a head of recruitment who scouts the Scandinavian market & likes of Ryan loft for ‘ a while ‘ who is utter garbage. Scoreboards & fan zones don’t bring success players do & we don’t have many up to it because Flitcroft has failed us 

Yes we had a good teem and then we went down and back up and down. League 2 standard? Chiz? One again we have gotten player that's good value for money that if we need to we can sell and make money out of this air.

1 minute ago, Wozza4England said:

FGS how many times do we have to pay gratitude to Carol and Kevin? Do you want us to self flagellate and scream “we are not worthy” every day? We are grateful, she possibly saved the club from extinction, look I’ve severed my left arm in gratitude. Can we please move on now or do you want my right arm too?

FGS get real, I'm not asking you nor anyone else to do that! We're all frustrated at the on-field performances, but there is much to admire and be thankful for all the overall improvements made to the club in a relatively short time. 

Probably wasting my time, but what I'm saying is that should the Shanahans decide it's not worth the aggro (and I, for one, wouldn't blame them) we really will be in soft stuff! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

Yes we had a good teem and then we went down and back up and down. League 2 standard? Chiz? One again we have gotten player that's good value for money that if we need to we can sell and make money out of this air.

Chislet is a good find so is ripley 👍🏻 I’m not saying he’s got it all wrong but he’s got a lot wrong & we’re heading one way under him unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

When Rudgie was manager look what he achieved without new training facilities 

We don't need new training facilities 

We need a squad of quality footballers 

An experienced manager 

And Flitcroft binned off 

Nippy mate honestly your stuck in the past. Back then that was how the game was. The games different today. 20 years ago them facilities were considered modern. Today they would be prehistoric.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Chislet is a good find so is ripley 👍🏻 I’m not saying he’s got it all wrong but he’s got a lot wrong & we’re heading one way under him unfortunately 

We dont know if its because of the budget. If Carol has outlined a target he is going to try and meat them. So far he has.

9 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I understand people's frustrations about the current debacle at the club.

However, and I've seen a couple of comments about this, I don't understand the critical comments about the 'hospitality suites' and the people who attend Port Vale matches as Port Vale fans in them. These just seem 'throw away',  unnecessary comments.

Do people think that people in the hospitality have more than a say than anybody else? Do you think there is a lot 'hobnobbing'? 

These comments are a divisive.

I didn't mean for it to be divisive, and I think Carol is doing a much better job at dividing the fanbase with her unwavering support for Flitcroft than my throw away comments are. I'm just saying that her statement today just seems out of touch with what fans (whether they sit in hospitality or on the terraces) want, need and expect from the club. At no point in her statement does she take any accountability or offer a solution or plan or apology for the poor product her football club and company is churning out. Not even a rallying cry. Just a copy of Flitcrofts CV. I found it quite condescending in all honesty. 

At the end of the day, the fans on the terraces are the clubs bread and butter. Always have been and always will be. They'll still be there when Carol has sold up and Flitcroft is long gone. That's their target demographic and target audience and they're being completely ignored. You can't expect people to sit and pay out to watch a substandard product. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

Probably not worth crowing about "The money that he has generated for this Football Club has paid for his wages to date many times over." then.

Weird how literally every other club in the league manages it, just not us. Fleetwood, now our relegation rivals, signed two strikers this month. Their manager was sacked on Dec 30th and their owner and bankroller went to prison last Summer. Which club is the circus again?

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-07-04/13-years-in-prison-for-owner-of-fleetwood-town-fc-for-fraud-and-money-laundering

Absolutely no idea, other than Fleetwood is a small, tidy and quite modern ground and not a ramshackle 'Wembley of the North, requiring £millions to be spent on it in a relatively short period of time just to try and bring it into the 21st century. With unforseen further failure of that old infrastructure adding to the cost.

18 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Ye why don't you look at Brighton as an example. Those were the old days. That was 20 years ago. Obviously some of you are stuck in the past

I suspect Brightons rise up the leagues was due to having some cracking managers (Adams, Taylor, Hughton etc), and investing in decent first team players.  Personnel was the key, not facilities.

Edited by Brighton Valiant
  • Like 4