onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

45 minutes ago, Doha said:

Every club's fans try and console themselves with this when they're in a relegation battle. You see it on forums and twitter every season. Go down, clear out, start again. Positive positive positive. It's usually drivel, and most clubs usually get stuck in the wilderness for a few years. Make no mistake, relegation would be a disaster. Including financially. No more 5 figure gates, hello Salford and Barrow on a tuesday night.

I'm not saying it to console myself. Nobody wants relegation & it would be a massive hit like you say, but do I think we'd be scraping around fighting for survival in League 2 like last time... no. I think we'd rebuild & bounce back faster than we did last time we dropped.

I'm not saying relegation is okay, it's really not. But if we do drop I think we're better placed as a club to be okay in League 2. I certainly don't envisage us dropping out of the Football League like we almost did on multiple occasions last time.

I'm just trying to look at things longer term. At the moment whether we like it or not, we're a top half League 2/bottom half league 1 club. It's no massive surprise that we find ourselves in exactly that kind of position. 

Next managerial appointment is massive.

• Like 1

Advert

50 minutes ago, Vtid said:

We don’t have to respect or accept her decision I’m sorry! Putting that fraud before the fans it’s a joke. I fully expect the atmosphere to get worse after this letter good help them all. Take nothing away from what’s she’s done for this club I’m grateful & respectful of that but she’s allowing him to slowly destroy us. He won’t be here end of the season that’s for sure as she will have lost half the fan base by then! 

Cracking post 

• Like 2

Just now, ValeForever. said:

I'm not saying it to console myself. Nobody wants relegation & it would be a massive hit like you say, but do I think we'd be scraping around fighting for survival in League 2 like last time... no. I think we'd rebuild & bounce back faster than we did last time we dropped.

I'm not saying relegation is okay, it's really not. But if we do drop I think we're better placed as a club to be okay in League 2. I certainly don't envisage us dropping out of the Football League like we almost did on multiple occasions last time.

I'm just trying to look at things longer term. At the moment whether we like it or not, we're a top half League 2/bottom half league 1 club. It's no massive surprise that we find ourselves in exactly that kind of position. 

Look at things longer term! Sounds very familiar 🥱 what about the here & now which is a mess 

Put it this way, I'd prefer her to have addressed the transfer activity, but am I willing to give Carol the benefit of the doubt in light of this for all she's done for the club? Yes.

Am I willing to listen to Tom, Dick and Harry on here who still want to know better? Absolutely not.

We've certainly come on leaps and bounds as a club but relegation would be a disaster and the January windows can't be overlooked. Even so, I'll be supporting the team and the new Manager.

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I did post something similar a few weeks back, the youth players would benefit possibly by relegation in getting game time and they have the ability at that level, plus we have many of our best players contracted so they either have to stay in L2 or we sell for decent money...

However the events of the last couple of weeks have left me very worried now as we seem to have lost all control and direction, we need to ensure the management appointment is right enough that we can see them at worst not keeping us up but having the capability to have us back up next year.

I fully appreciate what Carol and Kevin have done for our club, love them to bits.  The letter makes a decent read and lays out some valid points without really explaining why the squad is so poor right now which is the basic issue here.  Recruitment, overall poor since we gained promotion and only one person to blame for that.  It’s a real shame that for all the undoubted good it’s the football side that’s come unstuck.  Having thought about it I’ll stick with Carol, which means sticking with Flitcroft.  I’ll see who we appoint as manager and his staff and the impact they have on the team, hopefully with the addition of a free agent or two, although I’m not holding my breath on that one. For me supporting the team is more important right now than one individual in the club so I aim to back the team and won’t be shouting for Flitcroft’s head until we’re mathematically relegated, which I think is nailed on, at which point I’ll jump on the band wagon but not before.  This isn’t to denigrate those who wish to protest in any way.  Quite clearly the guy has shafted us but Flitcroft leaving now won’t have any impact on us staying up apart from improving the atmosphere short term.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Only just woke up and digested the letter.

Actually says very little other than boo hoo don't be so nasty to Dave.

Nothing about horrific transfer windows or lack of foresight that we could end up like this. Many foresaw it in October and November. 

The cup run bit of course is factually true. Bar Boro our highest ranked opponent were Fleetwood. Whilst all teams had to be beaten we didn't exactly do a Maidstone. Bit of a smokescreen that bit.

Not really sure what it's actually saying that's relevant as to why we are in this situation. So preventable. 

Agreed, I'm sorry, but to me it all comes across about Carol and what she's done for the club. Not one mention about why they haven't brought a decent striker in for several windows and the fact the team look absolutely awful due to the lack of a decent transfer budget.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I'm just going to listen to Carol for now. Everything she has said is true we have come a long long way. The club needs all the support it can get. Let's get behind them. Flitcroft isn't going anywhere so I'm going to have to get behind him to.

That's up to you , but quite a few of us disagree and will make our feelings known

Saying Flitcroft is going nowhere is a massive mistake it's just going to annoy most of the fan base even more 

Carol is taking a massive gamble here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lydiatevaliant said:

It's hard to imagine how that statement could have been any more tone deaf.

If that doesn't galvanise a 'gold and black until he's sacked' movement then nothing will.

It's Flitcroft or us, Carol.

She's so out of touch with the every day fan. We aren't corporate sponsors or hobnobbing in hospitality suites, we are fans who pay a large chunk of our hard earned wages on this football club and our opinions are being completely disregarded. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, lydiatevaliant said:

It's hard to imagine how that statement could have been any more tone deaf.

If that doesn't galvanise a 'gold and black until he's sacked' movement then nothing will.

It's Flitcroft or us, Carol.

Well I think you will find its Flitcroft.

The thing is, at the end of the day its Carols club, she owns it - I see it that we (supporters) are customers - If I don't like the stuff on Macdonald's menu - then I don't go MacDonald's 

PS iv supported PVFC since I was 10 and have no axe to grind, and hope to be around for the next 46 years 😁

9 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

No way we don’t want to be there , it will be longer and a lot tougher to escape division 2 , please no 

• Like 2