onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) match thread - 10th Feb

robf

2 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Did you actually go to the game? Wilson got through loads of work today and showed some nice touches.

Spot on.  I'm thinking that this minority of idiots slagging off Wilson probably did go to the game but only after consuming half their body weight in cheap lager first.  In terms of pure technical ability, Wilson is arguably the best player Vale have had in the last 10 years and its only his injury record that has caused his career to stall at League 1 level.  When we play him with the right partner such as Proctor in the promotion season, big Uche as his fitness improved or even Ben Garrity we see his quality.  No option to play him alone today with Chislett off him because there are simply no other options and he was one of our better player regardless.

Advert

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Defo a penalty against Portsmouth

We have 2 lucky penalties against Stevenage now 

Definitely not a penalty against Portsmouth.Grant played the ball before there was any contact with the Portsmouth player. The Portsmouth player who clattered into Chislett immediately before it was the same kind of incident. He may have got to the ball first but went right through Chislett in doing so.If you don't class the 1at incident as a foul how can you class the 2nd.

No idea when Plant is back but for me when he is, he has to be played in a forward position either from the start or as a sub, Dippepa is not even close to being ready and feel for him but he is so far off league 1 level.  I thought they would have been better chucking either Smith or Debrah up front  than brining him on.

It was noticeable today that without Loft we were more dangerous up front. Instead of pumping high balls up to him which usually ended with heading on to no one, we were using Massey and Grant to put some great balls into the box. They were also interesting passing with Wilson and Chislett and Wilson instead of being isolated was being brought into the game and he was able to play how he should be used.

1st half i thought we were very good and Stevenage were getting very frustrated. 2nd half we were a bit slow to get going again, we deemed to stop feeding Massey who had a much better game again and was a threat with his crosses. We have 2 sloppy goals away but then recovered and pressured them until we got the penalty.I

Great to hear the fans getting behind the players. Gives me hope that we can get out of this mess . Hope we can get a decent manager quickly who will know how properly to use the players we have at our disposal.

36 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Definitely not a penalty against Portsmouth.Grant played the ball before there was any contact with the Portsmouth player. The Portsmouth player who clattered into Chislett immediately before it was the same kind of incident. He may have got to the ball first but went right through Chislett in doing so.If you don't class the 1at incident as a foul how can you class the 2nd.

It was 100% a penalty.

Its insane to compare the tackle on Chislett to the one Grant made.

It was good a strong tackle on Chislett in which the player fairly won the ball, where Grant was slow & ponderous to which he tripped the Portsmouth player

No idea when Plant is back but for me when he is, he has to be played in a forward position either from the start or as a sub, Dippepa is not even close to being ready and feel for him but he is so far off league 1 level.  I thought they would have been better chucking either Smith or Debrah up front  than brining him on.
I have a feeling it's March. He's got his slink off now and doing some arm exercises. Hasn't been able to do any running whilst in the sling and obviously no contact work. That was 2 weeks ago so I would think he'll be back on the grass now. Fingers crossed he can get up to speed quickly.

My Takeaway from yesterday was that we had a threadbare team, put together quite intelligently, who worked terrifically hard for each other.

The crowd played its part too.

the rest of this season won’t be pretty, but on yesterdays showing, it will be exciting.

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

My Takeaway from yesterday was that we had a threadbare team, put together quite intelligently, who worked terrifically hard for each other.

The crowd played its part too.

the rest of this season won’t be pretty, but on yesterdays showing, it will be exciting.

We don’t want pretty at this stage we need points! So yes well done lads more of this effort and we will survive.

8 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Spot on.  I'm thinking that this minority of idiots slagging off Wilson probably did go to the game but only after consuming half their body weight in cheap lager first.  In terms of pure technical ability, Wilson is arguably the best player Vale have had in the last 10 years and its only his injury record that has caused his career to stall at League 1 level.  When we play him with the right partner such as Proctor in the promotion season, big Uche as his fitness improved or even Ben Garrity we see his quality.  No option to play him alone today with Chislett off him because there are simply no other options and he was one of our better player regardless.

Less of the idiot 😘 you hit the nail on the head he needs a bigger player around him or someone to play off. Up there on his own he’s wasted, yeah he looked more interested & showed some nice touches but it’s 1 in every 5-6 games it’s not good enough. I get the whole team haven’t been at the races a lot of the time which doesn’t help but that’s just my opinion on Wilson. Each to their own 👍🏻 

8 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Wilson was ineffective on Tuesday. Seemed to do better yesterday. But to the facts. Garrity is top scorer still with 11 goals. When the ball drops in the box or edge of box he is very likely to score. Wilson is not getting enough goals whether technically better or not. Yesterday we played lots of good stuff. But the fact is Stevenage scored our goals. 

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

Wilson was ineffective on Tuesday. Seemed to do better yesterday. But to the facts. Garrity is top scorer still with 11 goals. When the ball drops in the box or edge of box he is very likely to score. Wilson is not getting enough goals whether technically better or not. Yesterday we played lots of good stuff. But the fact is Stevenage scored our goals. 

I could've sworn Ojo scored the penalty.

Don't see anything in this league what suggests no one is unbeatable .

17 games left all winnable .

What I don't get if sangs coming on you just want him whip balls in to a big unit why not try Debrah up there .

I hear the new Polish lad on crutches .

Gutting that he looks like just what we need at back .

Cannot believe we conceded 2 from set pieces .

We have a soft underbelly 

14 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Don't see anything in this league what suggests no one is unbeatable .

17 games left all winnable .

What I don't get if sangs coming on you just want him whip balls in to a big unit why not try Debrah up there .

I hear the new Polish lad on crutches .

Gutting that he looks like just what we need at back .

Cannot believe we conceded 2 from set pieces .

We have a soft underbelly 

I wish they would try debs up top so I don’t have to see your crazy line ups mate 😂 bet you’ve got a few more in the pipeline saying that 😉 

Archived